CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

I watched the game,  Rourke will be fine once he gets time to gel with the team.  It really was unfair to throw him into the game with such little prep.   Dolegala sucks,  but they could of made a gameplan with him doing short passes and Stanback being involved much more.   

It will be interesting if VAJ gets healthy and if Rourke continues to struggle if they will bench him?  

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

I watched the game,  Rourke will be fine once he gets time to gel with the team.  It really was unfair to throw him into the game with such little prep.   Dolegala sucks,  but they could of made a gameplan with him doing short passes and Stanback being involved much more.   

It will be interesting if VAJ gets healthy and if Rourke continues to struggle if they will bench him?  

How do you bench 600k? It should be done if warranted, but thats a lot on the bench.

18 hours ago, Brandon said:

Dolegala got his apple and map last week.

https://3downnation.com/2024/08/22/cfl-command-centre-refocuses-on-clear-and-obvious-principle-in-decision-making-process/

I like the smaller staff and more learning based responsible evals. I’m unsure of the clear and obvious part. They make it sound like the booth isn’t going to change much or have any incentive to do so. 
 The cfl has had soo much trouble balancing challenges. I don’t know what the answer is other than throwing money at it. The reffing too seems to be getting worse league wide with the retirements the last few years. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2024/08/22/cfl-command-centre-refocuses-on-clear-and-obvious-principle-in-decision-making-process/

I like the smaller staff and more learning based responsible evals. I’m unsure of the clear and obvious part. They make it sound like the booth isn’t going to change much or have any incentive to do so. 
 The cfl has had soo much trouble balancing challenges. I don’t know what the answer is other than throwing money at it. The reffing too seems to be getting worse league wide with the retirements the last few years. 

I’m wondering if fewer staff for more consistency means some bozo or 2 in the cc got whacked. 

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Must be a remix.  Heard he made one after Rourke came back to the Lions...

Two in the morning, got the fat burger.  Even saw the lights of the Goodyear blimp and it read "Farhan's a simp".

"Sippin on my potion, hit the 3 win streak motion"

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Shocking said no one ever. 

Hope he comes back to the CFL but not looking forward to the potential storyline TSN cooks up to pump his tires.

Looking forward to seeing him with his palms up then fighting like a seven year old with an Olineman after the whistle.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I call Betts to BC by tomorrow. 

Qft. I assume he gets some thing in the 200-220k range. Not my favorite guy, but fits a huge need and could allow us to carry the extra imp ol easier. 

40 minutes ago, Atomic said:

4 year contract for a receiver in the CFL? Don't see that too often 

He’s 26 too, I assume he still gets to try the nfl window. Pretty unusual.