CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Stamps tailgate area is virtually entirely fan driven and it is fun. 

I don't believe they have a team run area like the bombers do, but the "private" on site tailgating is fun. I've done a few of them, and people play games and listen to music and BBQ and all that... It's a good time.

I am sure it's a good time but there is no way it's the scale of Winnipeg's unofficial tailgating. 

It would be cool if the Bombers sent up a drone on Banjo Bowl to showcase the extent of the tailgating going on in the multiple lots around the stadium.

https://3downnation.com/2024/08/29/opinion-b-c-lions-gaming-cfl-salary-cap-and-theres-nothing-wrong-with-that/

I’ve got a lot of love for ringmaiden, doman, jauch, and a handful of their coaches. But man I am tired of them trying to buy a winner.  
 The league really needs to make adjustments to the cap in the next cba, and until then the bombers need to start spending competitively on free agents that aren’t ours. 

13 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I have no issues with the BC Lions blowing out their brains on SMS on two players. Both are highly over rated imo. Rourke isn't much better than what they already had as VA was playing good football for them, and Betts is a one trick pony who was badly exposed last year by the Bombers. Other teams seem to have trouble with him, but we gave them a blue print on how to make him look like a tool out there. RUN AT HIM.

Betts can't stop the outside run. He doesn't turn the play back inside. He can only pass rush. 

52 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2024/08/29/opinion-b-c-lions-gaming-cfl-salary-cap-and-theres-nothing-wrong-with-that/

I’ve got a lot of love for ringmaiden, doman, jauch, and a handful of their coaches. But man I am tired of them trying to buy a winner.  
 The league really needs to make adjustments to the cap in the next cba, and until then the bombers need to start spending competitively on free agents that aren’t ours. 

What a bunch of entitled & self indulgent pricks in BC. They're just laughing at the rest of the league. 

17 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Sure JC, it doesn't matter until teams start running into financial difficulties and it threatens the existence of the CFL as it has for the 30+ years, I've followed the CFL.

This. How many teams are in financial jeopardy? How many franchises can’t draw a decent crowd? Now the next top qb to get a deal is going to be comparing to 850k. We just saw how a run on WRs crippled the market and some teams caps. 
I mean bc screwed up the market and their team on Riley’s contract not that long ago. 

5 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I am sure it's a good time but there is no way it's the scale of Winnipeg's unofficial tailgating. 

It would be cool if the Bombers sent up a drone on Banjo Bowl to showcase the extent of the tailgating going on in the multiple lots around the stadium.

I want to know more about how you get a spot in one of the parking lots. Who doles those out? When I finally move home, the wife and I want one of those very badly. 

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I want to know more about how you get a spot in one of the parking lots. Who doles those out? When I finally move home, the wife and I want one of those very badly. 

Through the club.  We get ours with our season tickets. 

https://www.bluebombers.com/tickets-3/game-day-parking/

9 hours ago, wbbfan said:

This. How many teams are in financial jeopardy? How many franchises can’t draw a decent crowd? Now the next top qb to get a deal is going to be comparing to 850k. We just saw how a run on WRs crippled the market and some teams caps. 
I mean bc screwed up the market and their team on Riley’s contract not that long ago. 

Agree 100%, and to me Montreal’s just as bad if not worse.
How long until they cry poor and the league has to bail them out again? 

On 2024-08-29 at 2:16 PM, Bigblue204 said:

That's wpgs title. I'm doubtful anyone comes close to WPG this season.

Betts doesn't play in the playoffs.

Depending on the draft yr. I'd argue yes the picks are worth more. But that's really getting into the nit picky area of things. Their pushing for a home GC appearance so I get the all out mentality.

Their were games where BC was starting 10 and 11 Canadians.

3 hours ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

Their were games where BC was starting 10 and 11 Canadians.

Yeah BC has played the majority of their snaps on D with 5 Canadians on the field.  They lost some Cottoy snaps but Mackie took some of those.  Usually 5-6 on O.

We'll have a hard time being anywhere near them if Rourke plays the rest of the season.

7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah BC has played the majority of their snaps on D with 5 Canadians on the field.  They lost some Cottoy snaps but Mackie took some of those.  Usually 5-6 on O.

We'll have a hard time being anywhere near them if Rourke plays the rest of the season.

I dont recall.... did they actually change the rules and now allow Canadian QBs to be included in the number of Canadians on the field? 

Any thoughts on not having a fnf game for ld weekend? I know they like the double header and I feel like every one wants to play the Monday, but Friday football in the summer is the best. 
 I’d prefer one game a day Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday. Could have a mini show before pre Game or some thing with highlights from the ld history and a year by year recap. 
 Obviously that would be much better for 3 of the Games because those have soo much great history. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

YEah I was thinking tonight it's criminal that they don't have a friday night game. Friday night is sort of their marquee night. Does a disservice to not have it IMO. 

It's a marquis night one week & a nothing burger the next. Can't figure TSN out at the best of times. A week or so ago, they didn't have a game on TSN1. It was on TSN4. Why not TSN1? They had a MLB game. Oh, the Blue Jays? Nope. Something like Baltimore at Cleveland. Like WTF?

Also, not a fan of the panel switching in & out depending on the evening of the weekend. Or getting weekends off. They only work half a year & I presume they're well paid. Milt & Matty I can understand as Dunigan lives in Dallas & Milt in Atlanta. So, the commute must be a pain in the ass. The rest of the panel live in Toronto while LaPo lives in Ottawa. Lots of people work weekends. They're on camera four days during the summer & after this weekend twice a week until Grey Cup.

9 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Ottawa is somehow 7-3-1 with a -10 point differential? Paper tigers.

We were injured when they played us. Castillo had his 1 bad game vs Toronto. Bombers could have 3 more wins. Maybe 2 more losses tho also so it’s a strange season all around. Ottawa has a good QB who gets hit lots still. 

Edited by Goalie

45 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Ottawa is somehow 7-3-1 with a -10 point differential? Paper tigers.

Normally I might agree based on +/-, but in this case I think it’s due to games with qb injuries, and being a young good team they’ve won once by a healthy margin and been routed twice. Other wise they are winning close games. They are a ball possession offence not a downfield team aggressive team 

Edited by wbbfan