CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

Just now, wbbfan said:

Rbs cut armstead for morrow. Wonder if this is more of a move about his off field issues. Bet some one grabs him though  

https://3downnation.com/2024/09/03/ottawa-redblacks-release-starting-rb-ryquell-armstead-sign-former-riders-jamal-morrow/

character and attitude issues are my understanding...I also think a coach like Dyce wasn't best fit for a guy like that....basically walked on him like Dickie got abused out west

Just now, Booch said:

character and attitude issues are my understanding...I also think a coach like Dyce wasn't best fit for a guy like that....basically walked on him like Dickie got abused out west

Makes all the sense in the world. I only wonder why they waited soo long to pull the trigger. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Rbs cut armstead for morrow. Wonder if this is more of a move about his off field issues. Bet some one grabs him though  

https://3downnation.com/2024/09/03/ottawa-redblacks-release-starting-rb-ryquell-armstead-sign-former-riders-jamal-morrow/

I believe Morrow recently failed to pass a medical with the Stamps.

Riders gave Edwards-Cooper 20k in free agency to never play with them and go back to BC when he's healthy.

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

He's also had 1 good game in the last 6 and sucks in pass pro.

13 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Riders gave Edwards-Cooper 20k in free agency to never play with them and go back to BC when he's healthy.

True too he has been really boom or bust all year. 3 games for half his production, 8 games with the other half. Still, over 900? Yards from the line in his first 11 games shows tons of potential. 
 The league is kind of in a rut with rb talent right now. Leake has been similar, I like his talent too though. 

7 hours ago, Booch said:

twice

They're doing some strange hings in Stampsville. Diedrick Mills left the team a month ago for personal reasons. He came back lastr week & Dickenson puts him on the PR. They need the guy in the backfield desperately & it looks like he's being punished. 

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They're doing some strange hings in Stampsville. Diedrick Mills left the team a month ago for personal reasons. He came back lastr week & Dickenson puts him on the PR. They need the guy in the backfield desperately & it looks like he's being punished. 

That's a guy I wish we would scoop up as a nice accessory piece

18 hours ago, Booch said:

Unlike Dickie walking on Dyce only leads you to the door out.

12 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Sucks in pass pro is generous, unwilling to participate in pass pro is much closer to the truth. He will wave his arms at guys but that's about it.

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He is clearly being punished. He left the team mid-season and that tends to get the ire of both coaches and team mates.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

That's a guy I wish we would scoop up as a nice accessory piece

They aren't letting him go. They let Carey walk to keep him.

9 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Unlike Dickie walking on Dyce only leads you to the door out.

Sucks in pass pro is generous, unwilling to participate in pass pro is much closer to the truth. He will wave his arms at guys but that's about it.

He is clearly being punished. He left the team mid-season and that tends to get the ire of both coaches and team mates.

They aren't letting him go. They let Carey walk to keep him.

well...he is on the PR right now...if someone came knocking...it's his choice to leave, and force Stamps hands to roster him......pretty sure if he got that call from Walter's he would take it...and make Dickie make a decision...Him on roster for Johnson. and slot Lucky there.....and and have him work in tandem with BO...and even out as a TE in some packages as he is a good receiver too...I'd take that all damn day

Just now, Booch said:

well...he is on the PR right now...if someone came knocking...it's his choice to leave, and force Stamps hands to roster him......pretty sure if he got that call from Walter's he would take it...and make Dickie make a decision...Him on roster for Johnson. and slot Lucky there.....and and have him work in tandem with BO...and even out as a TE in some packages as he is a good receiver too...I'd take that all damn day

Stamps would place him on active. He's on the PR for some humble pie but they aren't gonna let him walk.

25 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

I love the hypothetical that Booch proposed regarding Mills. Slim to zero percent chance but could you imagine heading into cold weather games with both he and Brady......

Right??

I know it will never happen...but If I was running the show and driving the boat these would be the things I would be attempting...and if for anything disrupting the dynamics of a divison rival

Standing pat...sitting on yur hands and resting on laurels and past success....leads to failure....the PR should be a revolving door to an extent continually being tweaked and gettig better guys in town...ones who actually can push for a spot...not what we have used it as...