CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

53 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That’s a fair point. In that case they should’ve brought him in during the off season. Let him set the tone in camp. Hard to lead joining a team mid season. Kongbo would’ve been even better for that imo. 

Kongbo seems to be the opposite of Winston Rose, doesn't seem to get along well with anybody.

10 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Kongbo seems to be the opposite of Winston Rose, doesn't seem to get along well with anybody.

He doesn’t get along with losing attitudes. He was beloved in the locker room and by coaches here, with the broncos and with the vols. He’s a no nonsense kind of guy and calls out bs as he sees it. 

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’d love to see us bring in Shawn Oakman but there’s zero chance we do 

14 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Would love to see him a part of the rotation. 

I love what the guy brings. But it’s pretty low priority Imo. Adam’s is a monster woods is damned good. Fox is a beast.  Thomas has compromising pictures of mos. 
 Oakman Adam’s fox rotation would be insane. 

Marion would actually be worth a look imo. Roster him instead of schmekel, gives us a back up rotational ni de who contributes on teams. 

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Salary issue, talent issue, something else issue?

Salary, age, and the fact they have young talented guys to who stepped in. 

Edited by wbbfan

4 minutes ago, bluto said:

My guess is that his replacement got sacks against BC.

Argos are an organization who are always looking for "the next one" .. it keeps the team competitive both on the field and from a salary cap perspective.  

I still think Oakman has a tonne of juice but the Boatmen have a deep defensive line.

5 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Argos are an organization who are always looking for "the next one" .. it keeps the team competitive both on the field and from a salary cap perspective.  

I still think Oakman has a tonne of juice but the Boatmen have a deep defensive line.

I'd replace the bolded part with suck.

Yes I'm juvenile but truthful. 🙂

Honestly, from a roster standpoint we need a Corner or OT way more than we need DT depth. I reckon that's where Oak's salary goes. It hurts a bit, but you make the smart choices, not the ones that feel good.

56 minutes ago, bluto said:

Honestly, from a roster standpoint we need a Corner or OT way more than we need DT depth. I reckon that's where Oak's salary goes. It hurts a bit, but you make the smart choices, not the ones that feel good.

You already have the best O & D lines in the CFL.

3 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

If I had to guess, he’ll go to Edmonton.

I was thinking he’d end up in your neck of the woods or 6 trees a bush and a gas station

Oak in a city known for Elms ain’t happening  so not here  

sask where mace is or jones converts him to DB in Edmonton 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Not here you don’t 

I know what you're saying Mike, but... 

We excellent depth at defensive tackle. 

We have zero depth at corner and at OT. 

Right now if we had someone go down in those positions we'd be taking someone already on our depth chart and sliding them over. 

Sometimes you've just got to churn the roster.