CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Calgary is in full desperation mode.

Crazy to me they dropped Kylin Hill.  He looked extremely explosive.  Not sure what Mills has.

Dave Dickinson's job may be on the line. As head coach and GM, he bears a lot of responsibility for the product on the field which is likely to miss the playoffs.

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

Maier has been ushered to the seat nearest the door.

Or the door facing the nearest macdonalds. 

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Calgary is in full desperation mode.

Crazy to me they dropped Kylin Hill.  He looked extremely explosive.  Not sure what Mills has.

They really seem to have no idea how to rebuild that mess. 

2 hours ago, blue85gold said:

Calgary is the worst case scenario for dumping the old star QB for the hot new guy. Doesn’t work out well when the new guy sucks. 

In general they kept letting good young guys walk thinking every guy on their bench was a starter and it’d always be easy to replace any one. 

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Dave Dickinson's job may be on the line. As head coach and GM, he bears a lot of responsibility for the product on the field which is likely to miss the playoffs.

really have to wonder at what point they make change. 

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

If he misses the playoffs, Huff might force Dickie to replace himself with another coach, ideally he loses the GM job and gets one more season as coach to turn it around.

Honestly I'm starting to wonder if maybe Huff is over the hill and part of the problem. With Jay "Poor Man's Wade Miller" MacNeil running the show now, he'll be keeping a close eye on the on-field product and make changes when it's warranted, I'm pretty sure. 

Was at Stella's this morning and some ******* in a Maier McCheese jersey walked in... Like what the ****. Get out of here... Was funny because Strev and his crew were just leaving and even he looked at him like ".....?"

Just now, Doublezero said:

Oh, please no. That guy is hopeless.

But so is DoleBanana

I give Corny benefits of doubt being in a hopeless situation

I'd trade for Shiltz tho preferably...I bet he'd do well here as QB2

Stamps obviously don't want him 

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

But so is DoleBanana

I give Corny benefits of doubt being in a hopeless situation

I'd trade for Shiltz tho preferably...I bet he'd do well here as QB2

Stamps obviously don't want him 

He could run the strev package atleast. 
 Plus it’d be hilarious to see suitor fight off the urge to drool over him in blue. Pouts “his balls arent even that heavy any more” 

watch us trade Adam’s for poopkup lmao. 

If it isn’t short term injury, I’d go looking at guys who could start a play off game if zach can’t or relieve him if needed. Top of the list, masoli. Schlitz would be solid. Corny would be free. Mayor mccheese? Lmao maybe not. 
 I’d also consider tre ford, powell, crum, and Caleb Evans as well. 
so probably Masoli, then Schlitz, tre ford, powell, then crum, then Evan’s. but out side of Masoli I wouldn’t want to pay a premium. 

POSTED THIS IN OTHER THREAD but will add it here 

If Strev is done for yr.....we need to pick up a vet guy

Do we trade for one?.....and who gives us one?...Only player I can see who might is Cgy with Shiltz...especially if they lose today....Maybe they offer up Maier....Long shot Hamilton with Powell

Other than that there is Dolegala...Corny...Fine....pickins are pretty damn slim but we cant go with 2 rookies behind ZC

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He could run the strev package atleast. 
 Plus it’d be hilarious to see suitor fight off the urge to drool over him in blue. Pouts “his balls arent even that heavy any more” 

watch us trade Adam’s for poopkup lmao. 

If it isn’t short term injury, I’d go looking at guys who could start a play off game if zach can’t or relieve him if needed. Top of the list, masoli. Schlitz would be solid. Corny would be free. Mayor mccheese? Lmao maybe not. 
 I’d also consider tre ford, powell, crum, and Caleb Evans as well. 
so probably Masoli, then Schlitz, tre ford, powell, then crum, then Evan’s. but out side of Masoli I wouldn’t want to pay a premium. 

evans is out for yr......That other QB in Ottawa tho is intruiging...one who went out with knee injury last yr....