CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Booch said:

POSTED THIS IN OTHER THREAD but will add it here 

If Strev is done for yr.....we need to pick up a vet guy

Do we trade for one?.....and who gives us one?...Only player I can see who might is Cgy with Shiltz...especially if they lose today....Maybe they offer up Maier....Long shot Hamilton with Powell

Other than that there is Dolegala...Corny...Fine....pickins are pretty damn slim but we cant go with 2 rookies behind ZC

evans is out for yr......That other QB in Ottawa tho is intruiging...one who went out with knee injury last yr....

Just out of curiosity, where is Wilson at with his development for us?

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

POSTED THIS IN OTHER THREAD but will add it here 

If Strev is done for yr.....we need to pick up a vet guy

Do we trade for one?.....and who gives us one?...Only player I can see who might is Cgy with Shiltz...especially if they lose today....Maybe they offer up Maier....Long shot Hamilton with Powell

Other than that there is Dolegala...Corny...Fine....pickins are pretty damn slim but we cant go with 2 rookies behind ZC

evans is out for yr......That other QB in Ottawa tho is intruiging...one who went out with knee injury last yr....

Wasn’t sure if hed be back for play offs or not. Agree with the rest. Think we have decent options for a qb2 

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Just out of curiosity, where is Wilson at with his development for us?

Looks ready for running short yardage. Don’t expect more for passing. Qb3 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Wasn’t sure if hed be back for play offs or not. Agree with the rest. Think we have decent options for a qb2 

Looks ready for running short yardage. Don’t expect more for passing. Qb3 

Pry Vaj out of bc which will never happen I know especially in a nine team league with him in our division. 

15 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Pry Vaj out of bc which will never happen I know especially in a nine team league with him in our division. 

Yep and tbh I want no part of him. 

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

There are no "name" back ups that I want any part of... I'd rather roll with Wilson. 

Wilson is no where near ready to run an offence. 

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yep and tbh I want no part of him. 

Wilson is no where near ready to run an offence. 

yup...If Strev out we HAVE to have an experienced back-up....Have to

Shiltz could run our offence just fine...plus he has escapability and can run, and if our line still springs leaks from time to time that would be a plus

Wilson is total development, but I like his body type and skill set for short yardage....and from what we saw in pre-season and in practice....you could roll him out too, as he has a nice knack for throwing on the run

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Trade for Ford if at all workable. Shiltz would be a distant second choice.

Dont think EE will give up Ford not to mention the fact when’s the last time we’ve seen a significant trade in the CFL at this stage in the season? 

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Trade for Ford if at all workable. Shiltz would be a distant second choice.

If Edm is in the hunt...and very well could be with a win today they won't be dealing Ford this yr......But Cgy if they lose, and Bonner shows well could move one of Shiltz or Maeir

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ford... Jesus Christ. Why not ask for 2012 Tom Brady?  Edmonton isn't trading him. 

Your options are a guy we don't know yet (Wilson) or a bunch of guys we KNOW CANT do anything...

At the very least the rejects could bomb it deep to Lawler (corny) or throw a rainbow for a Lawler jump ball (tall guy). 

30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ford... Jesus Christ. Why not ask for 2012 Tom Brady?  Edmonton isn't trading him. 

Your options are a guy we don't know yet (Wilson) or a bunch of guys we KNOW CANT do anything...

Highly unlikely Ilks will trade Ford unless the bottom falls out of their season and probably not even then. Just dreaming....

32 minutes ago, Noeller said:

BTW: Jesus' name was supposed to be "Brian" until his mother (Mary) stubbed her toe in the dark. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

There's this guy named Tyrrell Pigrome, highly skilled, devastating ability, doesn't need a playbook, will play for cheap and perform the uncanny.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

We’ve won most than a few this year with an O getting like 5-6 yards per play relying a lot on check downs to Oliviera.

Dolegala can do what Zach did today.

I’d rather a guy in terms of pass that forces the D to cover the whole field which is basically the only reason we had first downs today because the O was struggling badly.

So the CFL messes up again by not suspending Brown before this game and the refs handled it poorly as well.

I'd like to call out the Saskatchewan RoughRiders organization. Third time Brown has hurt a QB this year on dirty plays. Three years in a row they have a player cheap shot Zach. CFL needs to levy a heavy fine on the Riders club to let them and other teams no this nonsense is not acceptable.

Saskatchewan you are a classless deuce of an organization.

Matt Shilltz is in CGY 6-game IR. 

Options from recently cut by other clubs - Eric Barreire (SSK), Jake Dolegala (BC), Brennan Armstrong (BC) and Bryan Scott (TOR)

Only QB on PR - Jarret Doege (EDM)

Edited by M.O.A.B.

11 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

So the CFL messes up again by not suspending Brown before this game and the refs handled it poorly as well.

I'd like to call out the Saskatchewan RoughRiders organization. Third time Brown has hurt a QB this year on dirty plays. Three years in a row they have a player cheap shot Zach. CFL needs to levy a heavy fine on the Riders club to let them and other teams no this nonsense is not acceptable.

Saskatchewan you are a classless deuce of an organization.

I’m not sure if this is the answer… but the fact that 3 different d-lineman have cheap-shotted Zach in 3 consecutive years should be a major red flag… they appear to have no ability to reign in the “excitement” of a rivalry game

Edited by bearpants

I don’t necessarily think this Brown hit was dirty, but man is that fanbase just ridiculous

Deluding themselves into thinking people around the league care about them enough to go out of their way to target the team. Someone needs to remind them they’re not relevant. Imagine thinking 4 Grey Cups and currently being in the midst of an epic run of failure is enough to get picked on.

Riders scare nobody.