CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don’t necessarily think this Brown hit was dirty, but man is that fanbase just ridiculous

Deluding themselves into thinking people around the league care about them enough to go out of their way to target the team. Someone needs to remind them they’re not relevant. Imagine thinking 4 Grey Cups and currently being in the midst of an epic run of failure is enough to get picked on.

Riders scare nobody.

He isn’t Marino thats for sure. 
 I would say he’s undisciplined.  Plays out of control a lot. 

Brown is definitely dirty.  Just a coincidence that the same DL is involved in 3 illegal hits on QB's leading to injury when there hasn't been another hit on a QB in the pocket by anyone else like this in the CFL this season?  All those other guys just suck that bad and Brown is so great and powerful or what?

In either of the hits on our QB's if he engages to tackle it's a non issue.  He's out there targeting prone QB's with intent to injure.

Why the **** are you rolling around like a bowling ball?  Streveler is clearly set to pass.  The rules are pretty clear where you can hit QB's.  If your target is low because of being blocked it's on you to change it or avoid the contact.  You don't get to just treat the QB like a pin at the end of the lane and jam your shoulder pad under the kneecap.

Why the **** are you tucking your arms back when you're coming at a QB in his throwing motion?  "Oh I was just trying to turn my shoulder into him and just happened to drive my helmet into his facemask."

He's out there trying to injure people and is out of control.  And it will cost the Riders eventually.  Luckily for them the past two weeks other penalties both ways basically made his fouls moot.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Brown is definitely dirty.  Just a coincidence that the same DL is involved in 3 illegal hits on QB's leading to injury when there hasn't been another hit on a QB in the pocket by anyone else like this in the CFL this season?  All those other guys just suck that bad and Brown is so great and powerful or what?

In either of the hits on our QB's if he engages to tackle it's a non issue.  He's out there targeting prone QB's with intent to injure.

Why the **** are you rolling around like a bowling ball?  Streveler is clearly set to pass.  The rules are pretty clear where you can hit QB's.  If your target is low because of being blocked it's on you to change it or avoid the contact.  You don't get to just treat the QB like a pin at the end of the lane and jam your shoulder pad under the kneecap.

Why the **** are you tucking your arms back when you're coming at a QB in his throwing motion?  "Oh I was just trying to turn my shoulder into him and just happened to drive my helmet into his facemask."

He's out there trying to injure people and is out of control.  And it will cost the Riders eventually.  Luckily for them the past two weeks other penalties both ways basically made his fouls moot.

It's either intentional or the guy is dumber than a sack of hammers

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I didn't see the Ottawa Brown hit but the hit on Collaros in the LDC was deliberate. The replay(s) to my eyes anyway showed that Brown gave it that "little extra" with his right shoulder. With the Streveler hit, Brown was going down or was down and he he grabbed Streveler at least at the knee. If the rules state that that's a low hit....... That's three strikes this year. Does he get a call from the Commisioner? 

17 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Not only a player issue but a coaching issue if its not corrected.

While watching #90 get pulled from the field, at the end of the play - flags having been thrown, wondering what the coaches and his squad buds were saying to him - there was no congratulations or back slapping given there, nor was there any screaming or **** given - his green hat off. Couldn’t honestly interpret the exchange. Didn’t look too hard but can’t recall if he played another down after that. Maybe he did, dunno. 

Edited by Rod Black

23 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

I didn't see the Ottawa Brown hit but the hit on Collaros in the LDC was deliberate. The replay(s) to my eyes anyway showed that Brown gave it that "little extra" with his right shoulder. With the Streveler hit, Brown was going down or was down and he he grabbed Streveler at least at the knee. If the rules state that that's a low hit....... That's three strikes this year. Does he get a call from the Commisioner? 

Lots of Rider fans were defending the Collaros hit after the game. The fans are as dirty as the players. Trash org, trash fanbase, as always. 

9 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

While watching #90 get pulled from the field, at the end of the play - flags having been thrown, wondering what the coaches and his squad buds were saying to him - there was no congratulations or back slapping given there, nor was there any screaming or **** given - his green hat off. Couldn’t honestly interpret the exchange. Didn’t look too hard but can’t recall if he played another down after that. Maybe he did, dunno. 

Took him out because of payback. Time to just chop block him out of the league before he permanently ends a QBs career. Reckless and irresponsible. 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

Took him out because of payback. Time to just chop block him out of the league before he permanently ends a QBs career. Reckless and irresponsible. 

Have seen numerous players permanently removed before. He’s both reckless and irresponsible. 

Edited by Rod Black

54 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

well...Their HC seems to be....so may rub off

7 minutes ago, bustamente said:

What happened to TSN's anointed COTY Mace who could do no wrong in the first month of the year. 

they looking for a new narrative to flog now....seems to be Rourke now

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Earlier in the game Zach was trying to get in Brown's face, anyone know if there was another incident that caused his outrage?  TSN did not provide any detail.

yeah I mentioned I wish TSN would show what happened to cause that....

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Riders obviously continued with their chippy after whistle play...and their questionable in the pile and scrum tactics...I havnt really seen no culture shift there like some media and their fans claim...all they did was get rid of a few real dbags but the other stuff still the same

At some point they have to realize it goes from oday down. This is 3 different head coaches and in that era they are the most penalized, fined and suspended team with out any change. 

Success is built top down with the non players

Just like oline from inside out

Mace needs to stop being buddy coach and act like he almost still a player

And he needs a vet mentor to guide him...as he's made some serious dumb calls all yr

Even that last game challenging an OPI when they got a RTP penalty on same play...who cares it would have still been an automatic first down...they coukd have used that challenge...or timeout later in that tight game...buffoon 

24 minutes ago, Booch said:

Riders obviously continued with their chippy after whistle play...and their questionable in the pile and scrum tactics...I havnt really seen no culture shift there like some media and their fans claim...all they did was get rid of a few real dbags but the other stuff still the same

The penalty Thurman took after a tackle on Brady sums it up. Dude got hit as hard as he was trying to hit the back and gives him a pointless shove... just stupid trying to be a tough guy. 

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

At some point they have to realize it goes from oday down. This is 3 different head coaches and in that era they are the most penalized, fined and suspended team with out any change. 

Not much of a culture change, Mace used Argo bad apple Chris Edwards right up until the CFL threw him out of the league.  Have to give Bob Dyce credit, he tried to work with Armstead but ultimately made the decision he was a negative force on his team and the CFL.

45 minutes ago, Booch said:

And he needs a vet mentor to guide him...as he's made some serious dumb calls all yr

Even that last game challenging an OPI when they got a RTP penalty on same play...who cares it would have still been an automatic first down...they coukd have used that challenge...or timeout later in that tight game...buffoon 

Ya that was a head scratcher. Best case scenario was the bombers 10 yards back. This isn’t touch football where they award you an INT for OPI haha. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Qft. Bill Walsh wrote two dynamite football books. The first is a XnO book. The second was “the score takes care of it self”, about how the 49ers turn around happened and that success starts off the field at the top. He changed the culture of how none football ops people were treated and acted and established his culture there first. Which is why even when he stepped back they still won. 

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Not much of a culture change, Mace used Argo bad apple Chris Edwards right up until the CFL threw him out of the league.  Have to give Bob Dyce credit, he tried to work with Armstead but ultimately made the decision he was a negative force on his team and the CFL.

bobby Dyce is a bomber for life in my books. One of my favourite people in Canadian football. I don’t have particular love for ott, but I’m thrilled to see him succeeding as a hc. 

29 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

No surprise, and I’m ok with a bit of retribution. But you gotta get 90% of your revenge before the whistle and legally.