CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Not much of a culture change, Mace used Argo bad apple Chris Edwards right up until the CFL threw him out of the league.  Have to give Bob Dyce credit, he tried to work with Armstead but ultimately made the decision he was a negative force on his team and the CFL.

Argos are another trash org from the top down. So, it shouldn't be a surprise that Mace brought trash to the dump. 

MOS escaped. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah I mentioned I wish TSN would show what happened to cause that....

To help increase viewership and involvement in the game, TSN should be running towards that stuff not running away from it ignoring it like it’s not happening. Draw us more in to the game within the game especially from the players standpoint. Interview them at halftime on it less of do you think you need to score more touchdowns type questions.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Qft. Bill Walsh wrote two dynamite football books. The first is a XnO book. The second was “the score takes care of it self”, about how the 49ers turn around happened and that success starts off the field at the top. He changed the culture of how none football ops people were treated and acted and established his culture there first. Which is why even when he stepped back they still won. 

bobby Dyce is a bomber for life in my books. One of my favourite people in Canadian football. I don’t have particular love for ott, but I’m thrilled to see him succeeding as a hc. 

No surprise, and I’m ok with a bit of retribution. But you gotta get 90% of your revenge before the whistle and legally. 

Wade is the guy who set the cement and the way that people in the organization...from staffers...volunteers...contracted people...coaches and more importantly players (and treat them as true professionals)...and they brought in Osh to carry it out..and make it work..and make it better....that gets lost in the big picture

Wade came from when we got shat on..not treated with a lot of respect in many instances and were under appreciated...and he wanted that to be a 180 turn around...and he's done that from top to bottom

Edited by Booch

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

Wade is the guy who set the cement and the way that people in the organization...from staffers...volunteers...contracted people...coaches and more importantly players (and treat them as true professionals)...and they brought in Osh to carry it out..and make it work..and make it better....that gets lost in the big picture

Wade came from when we got shat on..not treated with a lot of respect in many instances and were under appreciated...and he wanted that to be a 180 turn around...and he's done that from top to bottom

100%. On the field, off the field, economically, grass roots, fan base you name it. 
 He is one of the greatest builder hof types ever. Mos gets props as one of the best coaches ever here. But wade imo is the greatest upper brass guy ever. 
 He isn’t the loquacious type publicly, but talking to him one on one or in a small setting he’s always been the extremely smart hang on his every word type. Every thing that guy has to say is worth soaking in. When you see smart people talk to him you really see it a lot, people hang on his every word. 

2 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

*uck that sack of s**t team and their fan base. Sickening to see their fans, too a man, try to justify the hits on Collaros and Streveler as not dirty. If that was their QB's they'd be screaming bloody murder. Thank Christ for them that Jim Jones died cause he could walk into that backwater, hillbilly, cousin-****ing province today and have them sipping koolaid by sundown. How can a fan base be so f**king stupid?!?

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

28 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

100%. On the field, off the field, economically, grass roots, fan base you name it. 
 He is one of the greatest builder hof types ever. Mos gets props as one of the best coaches ever here. But wade imo is the greatest upper brass guy ever. 
 He isn’t the loquacious type publicly, but talking to him one on one or in a small setting he’s always been the extremely smart hang on his every word type. Every thing that guy has to say is worth soaking in. When you see smart people talk to him you really see it a lot, people hang on his every word. 

he was the guy who turned it around here...well made the blue prints....Walters was the PM and Osh was on-site Engineer....all 3 will be in R.O.H at some point....Wade I bet gets in H.O.F as a builder

22 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

*uck that sack of s**t team and their fan base. Sickening to see their fans, too a man, try to justify the hits on Collaros and Streveler as not dirty. If that was their QB's they'd be screaming bloody murder. Thank Christ for them that Jim Jones died cause he could walk into that backwater, hillbilly, cousin-****ing province today and have them sipping koolaid by sundown. How can a fan base be so f**king stupid?!?

they still bring up Jeffcoat on Bridges from 2019 for christs sake...thats their new #1991 I guess

40 minutes ago, Noeller said:

O'SHEA IS TERRIBLE AND EVERYTHING WE HAVE ACHIEVED IN THE LAST DECADE IS IN SPITE OF HIM I WOULD RATHER HAVE CRAIG DICKENSON BECAUSE AT LEAST HE DIDN'T START THAT MANY CANADIANS HOW ******* DARE YOU!

Jokes, and the fact all coaches are a product of the management they work under aside, I think both are pretty comparable and even similar. Similar quality where dicky is a better XnO guy, and mos is a better culture guy. Similar roles in the two modern dynasty teams too. 
 Funny thing is, I bet both teams would get better if they switched jobs right now. Both would clear out the others old boys club types, mos would insert a ton of winning culture (vs dickies whinging culture) and dicky would take control of our offence and make it significantly better. 
 That said I wouldn’t want dicky under any circumstance. I think we’d get worse each year after this in that scenario and Calgary would get better. 

7 hours ago, Rod Black said:

While watching #90 get pulled from the field, at the end of the play - flags having been thrown, wondering what the coaches and his squad buds were saying to him - there was no congratulations or back slapping given there, nor was there any screaming or **** given - his green hat off. Couldn’t honestly interpret the exchange. Didn’t look too hard but can’t recall if he played another down after that. Maybe he did, dunno. 

I tried to keep an eye if he played again  and later in the 4th I thought I saw him on the field again, he did not get many plays that is for sure. 

14 hours ago, Noeller said:

O'SHEA IS TERRIBLE AND EVERYTHING WE HAVE ACHIEVED IN THE LAST DECADE IS IN SPITE OF HIM I WOULD RATHER HAVE CRAIG DICKENSON BECAUSE AT LEAST HE DIDN'T START THAT MANY CANADIANS HOW ******* DARE YOU!

Is this you mocking yourself and how you have an aneurysm on here after every game we lose? 😂

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

First place in the west, 5 game win streak, just swept the ldc/bjb, and we have won the season series with bc, Calgary and ssk. Soo we drop 2 spots to 4th. Yep makes perfect sense to me, 3dn writing is trash. 
 I hope the media and league continue to under estimate the bombers. If we get a bit healthier, use the roster a bit better, and get the pass game going it’s gonna be  check mate. 

16 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

First place in the west, 5 game win streak, just swept the ldc/bjb, and we have won the season series with bc, Calgary and ssk. Soo we drop 2 spots to 4th. Yep makes perfect sense to me, 3dn writing is trash. 
 I hope the media and league continue to under estimate the bombers. If we get a bit healthier, use the roster a bit better, and get the pass game going it’s gonna be  check mate. 

This is perfect.  Get Big 66 back for the last few games and the play offs, and the O will get better

Hopefully Randolph then goes back to guard and Paddy comes in to hurt people in the heavy sets

Neuf may have lost a step, but they need his nasty streak in there

8 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

BC beating the Als, at home, on a short week moves them up more than us beating a team that hasn't won in 7 games back to back.

but we beat the lions....back to back as well...and also one was on a short week

3down is just trash....and generally seem to have an anti bomber bias....and I like that

I wish we were ranked 9th in all rankings.....Let all the media hype up Kelly and the Argos and Rourke the Lions with the odd feel-good story about Thorpes defence and how good Betts fits in and how a many stats BLM and Harris are putting up.....Forget about us, underestimate us all the way through...It just motivates our guys

36 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

You are forgetting.... EMAGEHRD! ROURKE!

1 minute ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

I wish we were ranked 9th in all rankings.....Let all the media hype up Kelly and the Argos and Rourke the Lions with the odd feel-good story about Thorpes defence and how good Betts fits in and how a many stats BLM and Harris are putting up.....Forget about us, underestimate us all the way through...It just motivates our guys

yup!

4 hours ago, Booch said:

but we beat the lions....back to back as well...and also one was on a short week

3down is just trash....and generally seem to have an anti bomber bias....and I like that

Beating the Lions isn't the same as beating the Als.