CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

15 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Beating the Lions isn't the same as beating the Als. 

true...I do think tho the Al's are coming down to earth too tho....I dont see them as this juggernaut...especially of late...came outta the gates hot tho

5 hours ago, Mark H. said:

This is perfect.  Get Big 66 back for the last few games and the play offs, and the O will get better

Hopefully Randolph then goes back to guard and Paddy comes in to hurt people in the heavy sets

Neuf may have lost a step, but they need his nasty streak in there

14 weeks into the season and the offence still isn't clicking with any regularity, can't help but think they'll come up short when the chips are down and the winds blow cold. 

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

14 weeks into the season and the offence still isn't clicking with any regularity, can't help but think they'll come up short when the chips are down and the winds blow cold. 

I feel the same vibe. Then again, we'll have Brady / bully ball in the west semi / final. GC is in a dome though...

But...#2019

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

I feel the same vibe. Then again, we'll have Brady / bully ball in the west semi / final. GC is in a dome though...

But...#2019

I thought it was a lost season as much as anyone on here, right through to the home and home with BC but now I don’t know. I’m actually getting a good feeling. 

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Edmonton? They actually worry me, they’ve got a lot of weapons, especially the run game.

I think our secondary can handle them but if we dress 5/6 DL and they stick with the run it could get dicey.

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

It’s been a glorified Ticats and Riders site since day 1. 

That’s true, honestly I avoided the trash writers. They used to have a couple solid regular pieces and contributors. These days nothing on it ever seems interesting or well written. 
 Said it a bunch but the anonymous insider comments each week was great. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

But...#2019

I’ve got no faith in our ol or commitment to the run to make that happen right now. 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I thought it was a lost season as much as anyone on here, right through to the home and home with BC but now I don’t know. I’m actually getting a good feeling. 

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Edmonton? They actually worry me, they’ve got a lot of weapons, especially the run game.

I think our secondary can handle them but if we dress 5/6 DL and they stick with the run it could get dicey.

edm is real solid, I don’t think they have a play off upset in them though. I think they are in that spot where they will lose close games they should win and play hard but sloppy. Next year they could be a real threat. 

Any one know where I can find a pdf of the team leaders in stats from the end of the year for the last couple years? 

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'd feel more comfortable if we just had one or two games where our O has a strong showing for four quarters and gets TD's instead of FG's.    How insane is it that Brady still hasn't scored a TD!? 

Can we get a few games in a row with 30+ points please and thank you. 

The leading running back in the whole league for TD's has 5.

On pace for like 8 over a full 18 game season.  Streveler leads league in rushing TD's with 10.

They don't get TD's because if the ball is from basically the 3 yard line in teams are putting short-yardage QB's in.

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That’s true, honestly I avoided the trash writers. They used to have a couple solid regular pieces and contributors. These days nothing on it ever seems interesting or well written. 
 Said it a bunch but the anonymous insider comments each week was great. 

Drew Edwards was good, despite being a Hammy guy. He and Dunk carried it in the beginning. 

That anonymous insider thing was the best they ever did. 

It’s not as bad now as say 2 or 3 years ago. At least now they have guys like Ben Grant who actually write analysis. 
There was a point where everything was either power rankings (the stupidest media creation of all time) or like

“What positions would the Riders play if they were a hockey team?”

25 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I’ve got no faith in our ol or commitment to the run to make that happen right now. 

edm is real solid, I don’t think they have a play off upset in them though. I think they are in that spot where they will lose close games they should win and play hard but sloppy. Next year they could be a real threat. 

Any one know where I can find a pdf of the team leaders in stats from the end of the year for the last couple years? 

CFL.ca stats. just select the year, all the different categories are there.

55 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

CFL.ca stats. just select the year, all the different categories are there.

Those are the player stats not the team stats. 

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The leading running back in the whole league for TD's has 5.

On pace for like 8 over a full 18 game season.  Streveler leads league in rushing TD's with 10.

They don't get TD's because if the ball is from basically the 3 yard line in teams are putting short-yardage QB's in.

The finish inside the 3-4 is 100% qb dive range. Makes no sense to hand off in that area. But, with in the 10 and red zone yes. And rb screens etc on pa are very strong in the red zone. 

10 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

The OL has been the big problem all season. Until the coaches get that straightened around we'll continue to struggle.offensively 

On 2024-09-06 at 9:15 AM, wbbfan said:

Sounds like a real miser trying to make a buck off sports. Does he pay a reasonable lease fee for the stadium and arena? 

That's all private info. It's never discussed publicly.

On 2024-09-06 at 9:42 AM, JuranBoldenRules said:

If that's the number in Edmonton and I'm the CFL team I'm saying build us a new stadium.

That stadium SUCKS for football as a fan.  You'll never get the atmosphere of Winnipeg or Regina...**** even Hamilton in there unless they are demolishing it and rebuilding it completely to put proper stands in for football.

There is no atmosphere at McMahon. It's a Dead Zone. The team is losing fans with evert loss as nothing ever changes. The fans are like Zombies. The owner is a Phantom. No one has ever seen Murray Edwards as he lives in Switzerland & has renounced his canadian citizenship so he doesn't have to pay income tax. He's owned the team for somethuing like 10 years & in that decade I don't believe that he has ever been to a Stamps home game. He owns 4 separate pro teams in cluding the Flames here. Each one has an appointed Pres.... err Murray Edwards Mouthpiece to spread the propaganda that he serves up to the sports fans of Calgary. 

https://3downnation.com/2024/09/10/opinion-this-is-officially-the-weirdest-m-o-p-race-in-cfl-history/

A defensive back has never won M.O.P. before but it seems like that could change this year.” 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/bombers-jovon-johnson-named-top-defensive-player/article4252378/

lmao cmon man. 

also uses special teams tackles as a factor in winning modp lol. 

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2024/09/10/opinion-this-is-officially-the-weirdest-m-o-p-race-in-cfl-history/

A defensive back has never won M.O.P. before but it seems like that could change this year.” 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/bombers-jovon-johnson-named-top-defensive-player/article4252378/

lmao cmon man. 

He's technically not wrong... a DB has won MODP but not MOP.  MOP is open to all players but really should be an offensive award since that's who wins it almost every year (Elimimian being the lone exception).

29 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

lmao cmon man. 

YEAH...sad state of affairs with the knowledge there...Just fanbois spouting off for the most part

We as a group could pen better and more interesting articles here

9 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

He's technically not wrong... a DB has won MODP but not MOP.  MOP is open to all players but really should be an offensive award since that's who wins it almost every year (Elimimian being the lone exception).

Still should be a MOP for Offensive and Defensive player....Why they don't go that route is odd....