CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Still should be a MOP for Offensive and Defensive player....Why they don't go that route is odd....

Agreed.  70+ years of the award and only 1 (purely) defensive player has won it - they should just call it what it is, the Most Outstanding Offensive Player award.  

Just now, bigg jay said:

Agreed.  70+ years of the award and only 1 (purely) defensive player has won it - they should just call it what it is, the Most Outstanding Offensive Player award.  

yup...Defensive players have been boned for yrs....You can even go as far as an MOOP..MODP....And then if they feel the need the MOP of the league.....as there could be instances where a defensive gy was just that too....

19 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The leading running back in the whole league for TD's has 5.

On pace for like 8 over a full 18 game season.  Streveler leads league in rushing TD's with 10.

They don't get TD's because if the ball is from basically the 3 yard line in teams are putting short-yardage QB's in.

Last year he had 13 TD's though.

Someone out there is keeping targeting stats, it would be neat to see them fully published for DBs

https://www.cfl.ca/2024/09/10/the-weekly-say-one-cant-miss-all-cfl-selection/

The National cornerback is not only a playmaker (six interceptions), but also locks down his opponents on a weekly basis. Ford has allowed only 50.8 per cent of the passes thrown in his direction to be completed, forcing 15 incompletions and allowing only 22 first downs all season, including only four in the last five games.

So when teams throw at Ford they are what... 32/63 and he has 6 picks? It felt like someone like Houston last year was getting picks because teams felt safe passing to his side. 

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

umm...he leads the league in special teams tackles! 

Great. STs have their own award tho.

18 hours ago, Booch said:

AND I beleieve they give up the most yards...and highest percent of completions too....or did up to the previous week

Milligan for MOP is absolutely ridiculous to even consider. Rider fans are just out to lunch. Milligan is playing really good ball..but MOP? Smh

It is an odd year in the MOP category as really no one or two players are really grabbing the award yet......Many, guys who have been really good including a couple on our team, Not one QB really deserves it this year.....BLM I believe has the best stats but is not MOP worthy, heck he got benched. Hariss puts up some nice stats, but again not MOP worthy, reigning MOP Kelly, not done much so far after his suspension, VA would have been the run away, but IMO BC ruined his 2024 season, so he can't be considered, Rourke, nope, MBT went on a streak of solid play, but not enough to consider him MOP level, Mair......nope......Brown, has done really well, but not MOP well, Fajardo, I mean he has a chance based off other QB play...Zach worst season as a Bomber....

Receivers...a couple guys in BC maybe could be in the discussion had VAJ stayed the starting QB.....but honestly not one receiver is head and shoulders above the rest or putting up gaudy stats...RB's maybe Stanbeck....maybe Brady...O-line no one is MOP level....

D-line.....again parity, not one guy is running away with stats....LB's maybe but none are MOP level dominate.....DB Mulligan, Ford could be in contention.....

Ya it's a weird season in that regard.....the media and guys like Suitor are having such a hard time with the "storylines" this year....

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Hard to tell with so many actually discussing this as a possibility for some reason?

I mean... it's going to be a possibility because he is likely to be the nominee out of Saskatchewan. But he's not even going to be the MODP out of the West so it is kind of a moot point.

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Looks like the Als picked up Barrington Wade.

Soo strange to go after him when we cut multiple better lbers this year. 

Bjb on ctv didn’t draw well. I don’t watch network tv, does any one know if it was advertised? I wonder how much of the dip was cable cutters struggling to stream it? I ended up watching it on tsn plus channel on the app. 

59 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Bjb on ctv didn’t draw well. I don’t watch network tv, does any one know if it was advertised? I wonder how much of the dip was cable cutters struggling to stream it? I ended up watching it on tsn plus channel on the app. 

What were the TV #s?

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah I'm annoyed that I had to watch enhanced TSN because the normal TSN channels didn't have it because CTV was broadcasting.  How efing annoying to watch circles and names around each player while watching the game.

11 minutes ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

Yeah I'm annoyed that I had to watch enhanced TSN because the normal TSN channels didn't have it because CTV was broadcasting.  How efing annoying to watch circles and names around each player while watching the game.

Same. I also thought I could just watch the game on one of my streaming services that has ctv, or their app. But nope, need to log into cable to get it through that means. Did people with farmer vision even get it?