CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

51 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

My biggest issue with streaming sports and not having cable is recording, 2 years of only having Starlink and various streaming services I never found a satisfactory method of recording and rewatching anything. When Valley Fiber hooked us up went full TV package again, dropped some streaming and yes, it is more $$ but the house is happier. 

If I had found an IPTV service that was simple and easy for others, maybe that would work for us but I got frustrated with the free services I tried and constantly needed to update with new codes. 

VHS baby lol

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I could probably quite happily cancell Netflix if it didn't keep the kids quiet... but yeah 

Netflix has the least must watch content, but the most I just want to find something to watch content. 

Prime keeps dropping in quality, but the wife orders **** on Amazon 4 days a week so I keep it 

Paramount has some stuff worth watching, but no must watches. I do enjoy Stallone still hanging around, season 2 of Tulsa King starts tomorrow. 

Crave is way overpriced and has the worst app. It's a subscribe for specific content then cancel service. 

Apple TV I've had for a could years for $0 because there's always a promo somewhere for a few months free. I wouldn't pay for it. Good content but very limited content.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

I pay 10 bucks a month for 4000 reliable channels on IPTV 

They've been saying too much TV can rot a person's mind since the early 60's, that statement has never been truer than today.  As usual, less is more.

Excessive TV-watching — defined as four or more hours daily — is associated with a greater risk of developing brain-based disorders such as dementia, depression, and Parkinson's disease, a new analysis suggests.Mar 1, 2024

5 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The whole piece is garbage, shame on 3dn for the super trashy false equivalence.

Edited by BigBlueFanatic

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Elks sign six to their practice roster including A.C. Leonard. Leonard would have looked good here.

I really don't see a scenario where he and WIllie could be on the field at the same time.

We'd get gashed badly by any QB who had a moderate football IQ.

We need a guy who gets off the line and disrupts the pocket.  Not more guys who play basketball defense on a football field.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I really don't see a scenario where he and WIllie could be on the field at the same time.

We need a guy who gets off the line and disrupts the pocket.  Not more guys who play basketball defense on a football field.

Yea I’m not sure if WJ is assignment friendly half the time. Not being an expert in reviewing game tape but he seems to enjoy that free styling improv role fairly regularly.

9 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yup, our pass rush has been a joke all season, yet they do nothing to address it. Dead last in sacks. Toronto nearly doubling us.

And yet, our numbers are great in other defensive categories. It's actually quite the phenomenon. Say what you will about this management group - they are more than capable when it comes to scouting and coaching the secondary.

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I agree, but I don’t think we’d be worse off with lemon/wj than with wj/habba. But what we need is not easily available right now unless we hit on an nfl cut in a big way. 

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yea I’m not sure if WJ is assignment friendly half the time. Not being an expert in reviewing game tape but he seems to enjoy that free styling improv role fairly regularly.

teams read him all the time and he never makes the play. Wj needs to be part of a 3 man end rotation with 2 guys who can play. Not replacement level guys. 

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yup, our pass rush has been a joke all season, yet they do nothing to address it. Dead last in sacks. Toronto nearly doubling us.

Not only that but our dl, outside of woods are seldom gap sound little on able to make plays in the running game. You gotta be good at atleast one or the other. 
 Jake is sound at getting off blocks atleast, garbutt is solid as well. but solid is far from good. And good is the enemy of great. 

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

And yet, our numbers are great in other defensive categories. It's actually quite the phenomenon. Say what you will about this management group - they are more than capable when it comes to scouting and coaching the secondary.

it’s really a testament to how little the cfl cares about rushing, and slow they are at adapting in general. The secondary is great, and the secondary coaching has been very good. But when teams know they will have time and can’t game plan for the openings that’s sad. 
 our front 6 is really lacking in coaching and game plan.