CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Booch said:

just falling apart at the seams in Sask....beautiful....and add a bad character guy in Armstead freshly into the mix....couldn't be better timing

Looks good on them. Honestly his actions come off more pouty than authoritative via reporting. Maybe coaches just can’t be iron fisted any more idk, doesn’t come off as strong. 

28 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

13 games in and Mace is already losing it. Maybe its sunk in that he's stuck in Regina. 

no way oday keeps his job now right? 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

that really sucks. Defensive star added to the very long list of gone for the year league wide. 

29 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

13 games in and Mace is already losing it. Maybe its sunk in that he's stuck in Regina. 

These young, inexperienced head coaches in the NFL & CFL. Maybe 20% of them find true success. Mace is just looking like another Craig Dickenson with Brown going after qbs & the signing of the angry Ryquell Armstead. He was one hot tomale of a Defensive Coordinator because when he was in Toronto, Pinball signed every available free agent star on the defensive side of the ball. 

Mace is suffering from Devonne Claybrooks Syndrome. Claybrook was rated the best Defensive Coordinator in the league because he had an All Star team of defensive talent around him with the Stamps. He struggled coaching average players as Lions Head Coach.  Funny how after he was fired in BC, absolutely no one signed him as their D Coordinator. Just how bad was it inside that locker room at BC Place with him in charge?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

28 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Mace is suffering from Devonne Claybrooks Syndrome. Claybrook was rated the best Defensive Coordinator in the league because he had an All Star team of defensive talent around him with the Stamps. He struggled coaching average players as Lions Head Coach.  Funny how after he was fired in BC, absolutely no one signed him as their D Coordinator. Just how bad was it inside that locker room at BC Place with him in charge?

If only his hat was more crooked it could have turned out so much better......

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Was gonna say..Claybrook's 2.0

11 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Riders culture is so bad it will take years to fix it.... the crazies though won't have the patience so it will be more chaos.

Idk if you can fix it when it starts with the fan base. 
https://3downnation.com/2024/09/18/fan-starts-gofundme-for-twice-fined-saskatchewan-roughriders-dl-miles-brown/

Edited by wbbfan

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

reading some of the "expanation" too in the go fund me about how its conspiracy just makes you shake your head

That’s one of my biggest pet peeves in sports. The refs are out to get us! Groan. Especially in the cfl where the reffing and punishment has been bad across the league this year. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That’s one of my biggest pet peeves in sports. The refs are out to get us! Groan. Especially in the cfl where the reffing and punishment has been bad across the league this year. 

yeah when I like to dumb myself up a bit or need a good chuckle I go read thjeir forum...the league conspiracy thread against them is a good read/laugh if anyone wants to throw away 5..10 mins of their life to never get back

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

You know, that is absolutely hilarious. What really busts me up is that contributors are openly sharing their names, agreeing that #90 was “UNJUSTLY levied a fine”. The originator is Lawrence Nugent, with recent contributions by Larry Ostby, Jayson Dayman, Reg Jones, Dale Sabo, Cam Cormack, and Jason Davis, John Kennedy, Bowen Wilson, Kevin Wilson, Kevin Gilmour. I’d guess at least one or two of those clowns have been to this site, to scrap. 

9 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

What a bunch of maroons as Bugs Bunny would say.

Also it wasn't the thigh but the knees and below but can't expect a group that can't count to 13 to understand basic human anatomy.

Yeah, and if the league is going to follow through with fining guys for hits like that even if not penalized then it's all good. Earlier in the year we saw such shots and worse go with out punishment at all. And the guy is already a 3 time loser. 

20 hours ago, wbbfan said:

no way oday keeps his job now right? 

been saying this for a long time... Sask needs to lock up O'day to a lifetime contract... nothing would make me happier than to see him stay in Sask for a long time...

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

this is just pathetic.... how boring and desperate must your life be that this is the kind of thing you commit time and money too

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

What a bunch of maroons as Bugs Bunny would say.

Also it wasn't the thigh but the knees and below but can't expect a group that can't count to 13 to understand basic human anatomy.

The guy was on his way down  and lunged at the qb... there was only one place he could possibly hit the qb in that situation, and that was low. You gotta just accept in that situation that you can't make the play and trying to do so will wind up in an illegal hit.