CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

38 minutes ago, Booch said:

if they lose this weekend...I can seriously see them missing the playoffs actually...prob biggest game of year for them....curious to see if they show up

I think they're only hope is to try and keep pace with Edm and hope the tie sneaks them in... IMO the west playoff field will be Winnipeg, BC and Edmonton

36 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I think they're only hope is to try and keep pace with Edm and hope the tie sneaks them in... IMO the west playoff field will be Winnipeg, BC and Edmonton

I like it..... Edm. goes to BC for the Western semi, BC pulls out a win at home then comes to Wpg. for the Western final and Rourke folds in the cold and wind.......and we finally get to see Zach play a GC in a heated enviroment....yep works for me...

5 hours ago, bearpants said:

Yes... I agree with bearbutt.... I think we are going to see EDM over BC for the WSF, then EDM comes on down to WPG and gets stomped in the WF. WPG vs TOR in the Grey Cup. Good vs evil. Good guys win.

49 minutes ago, JCon said:

If we beat Edmonton twice, we make it much harder on the Elks to get into the playoffs. Riders should be the Stamps, no?  

Was reading some stuff from Riders talking heads last night that if the riders lose to the stamps, then:  they're inarguably the worst team in the league, there's a good chance they don't win again this year, and that O'Day is immediately on the hottest seat and likely to get canned... 

Edited by Noeller

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Who the **** knows... it's pouring rain in calgary today so probably be an even uglier game than usual

I guarantee the crowd will be uglier with the Riders in town. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Was reading some stuff from Riders talking heads last night that if the riders lose to the stamps, then:  they're unarguably the worst team in the league, there's a good chance they don't win again this year, and that O'Day is immediately on the hottest seat and likely to get canned... 

Save O'Day!

1 hour ago, JCon said:

If we beat Edmonton twice, we make it much harder on the Elks to get into the playoffs. Riders should be the Stamps, no?  

I think it'd be good for edmonton to make the play offs. Give them a chance next year to really start rebuilding the fan base with new management. That said, I do not want to play them in the play offs. They are a real threat to beat us at bully ball imo. 

Another bad week for CTV viewership. It'll be interesting to see if it continues to be the lower than TSN. The way they have it pay walled for streaming, when you generally don't have to pay for CTV is really dumb. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think it'd be good for edmonton to make the play offs. Give them a chance next year to really start rebuilding the fan base with new management. That said, I do not want to play them in the play offs. They are a real threat to beat us at bully ball imo. 

Another bad week for CTV viewership. It'll be interesting to see if it continues to be the lower than TSN. The way they have it pay walled for streaming, when you generally don't have to pay for CTV is really dumb. 

not sure why they dont show it on CTV and 1 or 2 of the TSN feeds....dumb not to

Just now, Booch said:

not sure why they dont show it on CTV and 1 or 2 of the TSN feeds....dumb not to

Yep. When this all came out I figured they'd have it with CTV on all the streaming platforms like prime and such which would be huge. Instead, pure disappointment. If it's a 1 year deal its gonna be 1 and done for sure. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Was reading some stuff from Riders talking heads last night that if the riders lose to the stamps, then:  they're inarguably the worst team in the league, there's a good chance they don't win again this year, and that O'Day is immediately on the hottest seat and likely to get canned... 

Don't count O'Day out, that man is teflon, has it down to an art.

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Don't count O'Day out, that man is teflon, has it down to an art.

So here's the quotes...

Edited by Noeller

Oday has, let the 2nd best qb walk in free agency and given away the best qb in his tenure for peanuts. Then brought in the turd harris. 
 He had completely failed to build any kind of ol, despite consistently over paying top fee agents. 
 Speaking of free agents he has repeatedly given out top dollar deals to guys who didn’t live up to a portion of those deals. 
He’s run through a bunch of coaches and maintained a low level of play and discipline. The least disciplined team and most fined/suspend in the league over his time. 
He hasn’t found or had a star developed. 
they mostly coast on other teams old guys and seldom do their players demand interest around the league. 
 Their best player this year is a sam who makes a lot of tackles lol. He’s good, don’t get me wrong, but he’s not great. He’s a slightly better version of Kevin fogg with out the tds. 

The fact this guy still has a job makes me think he might keep it longer than Ill live. 

Edited by wbbfan

5 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

All that O'Day slander is FAKE NEWS. Its been purposely spread by the LAMESTREAM MEDIA to bring down this great man. Jeremy O'Day needs to be anointed Rider GM for life.

Signed Morning Big Blue

big win with a master stroke move of signing Armstead, 4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS!