CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

On 2024-09-28 at 1:45 PM, Rex_Banner said:

I mean, we knew they were a pathetic fan base, but I’m a bit surprised to see just how pathetic lots of them are as people too. 

I am not surprised at all. CRF lost control of that site when he starting letting Stronson do whatever he wants to do.

What’s next, nye will be surprised when water is wet? They’ve lead the league in supplemental discipline each of the last several years. 

Als trade antwi to the lions for a 3rd rounder. Which is interesting, and probably the only dead line deal. 

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

to me, it kind of sounds like he's admitting the label is accurate...

He seems surprised, like he doesn't know that they are (and have been) widely regarded as the dirtiest team in the league. They've been dirty for many years. 

How can you follow that team and not know that they are dirty? 

10 minutes ago, brett_c_b said:

@Noeller just wanted to make your day by pointing out FanDuel has grey cup champion Cody Fajardo at the current favorite to become 2024 CFL MOP Cody Fajardo. 

Much like the year he was the west nominee, it's the 2 sweetest words in the English language. De - Fault! 

Bo Levi is on too crappy a team, adams didn't play all year, Kelly missed most of the year cause he's an *******... 

Really the choice is simple: Brady. But people gonna use touchdowns as some kind of reason not to.

The riders market is soo used to not being unlikeable, that they think every thing directed at them other than adoration, is hate. 
They’ve drowned in bias to the point they are incapable of realizing they have become every thing they hate most. 

Remember when zach was KO’d for them and they wanted a suspension that lasted as long as his injury? 2019 and prior they railed against dirty play and cheap shots as a fan base. Since then they’ve been historically bad offenders at the very same, and excuse that behaviour to a sickening extent. 
 They need to can oday and bring in a high level culture setter. 

Reality is slowly setting in over there, and you see it in attendance. They haven’t made a gc in what 11 going on 12 years? In that time every team but bc has made a grey cup. They have run through coaches and players. Spent on trying to buy stars in free agency. All to no avail. And they remain the most penalized and punished team in the league. Yet they are married to oday and that toxic culture. Look at how much Edmonton improved once jones was gone. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

The riders market is soo used to not being unlikeable, that they think every thing directed at them other than adoration, is hate. 
They’ve drowned in bias to the point they are incapable of realizing they have become every thing they hate most. 

Remember when zach was KO’d for them and they wanted a suspension that lasted as long as his injury? 2019 and prior they railed against dirty play and cheap shots as a fan base. Since then they’ve been historically bad offenders at the very same, and excuse that behaviour to a sickening extent. 
 They need to can oday and bring in a high level culture setter. 

Reality is slowly setting in over there, and you see it in attendance. They haven’t made a gc in what 11 going on 12 years? In that time every team but bc has made a grey cup. They have run through coaches and players. Spent on trying to buy stars in free agency. All to no avail. And they remain the most penalized and punished team in the league. Yet they are married to oday and that toxic culture. Look at how much Edmonton improved once jones was gone. 

Some of Jone's stench still permeates there

But u are right...they need to cleanse from top to bottom and expect at least a 2 yr metamorphosis.

As much as they claim otherwise they had to settle for Mace...he was not their target and I truly don't think he has what it takes like Osh to turn it around there

Also...had to settle for Dickie by default...due to Jones and even in last 2 yrs as well have had a hard time getting quality assistants and coordinators...Mueller is another example of basically settling for garbage.

The stench there is over powering and until they replace O'Day and the doofus above him..who's name escapes me they will continue to be what they are...tho it's fine by me

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, Booch said:

But u are right...they need to cleanse from top to bottom and expect at least a 2 yr metamorphosis.

As much as they claim otherwise they had to settle for Mace...he was not their target and I truly don't think he has what it takes like Osh to turn it around there

Also...had to settle for Dickie by default...due to Jones and even in last 2 yrs as well have had a hard time getting quality assistants and coordinators...Mueller is another example of basically settling for garbage.

The stench there is over powering and until they replace O'Day and the doofus above him..who's name escapes me they will continue to be what they are...tho it's fine by me

They’ve called on buck a few times so it’s hard to imagine that he wasn’t their first pick. Also for them to take our oc that’s been groomed for years would be a big win with the market and if it made us worse an even bigger win. 
 That said I think we would’ve been better off with a new oc, and they’d be worse off with buck over mace. 

I fully believe mace wants that Mafia culture. I don’t think he has a clue how to get it done, little on what it’d take to cut out the toxicity. And I don’t know if he, the market or oday would have the patience to do what would be needed. I really think we got close to not making it before the 19 gc too. 

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

So if Buck were to leave, who would the bombers target as OC. Do we have someone in house or would they look elsewhere?

Any time this team has an oc opening Paul has a 20% chance of being the answer lol. 
 Plop, and Khari would be the popular retread candidates. Internally, Kevin bourgoin has been our wr coach for 7 years. He did work as an oc some at Maine, but I don’t think he’d be high on the list. Jason hogan our rb coach is a developmental guy like that, he worked briefly with the als as a qc for the offense as well as his time with the carabins. 
 I think some one from the oua ranks / Guelph connection would be a solid dark horse. 
I could also see them offering Markus Howell the upgrade to oc. He’s been a rb/wr coach while also being a pass game and run game co ordinator for a while. 
Basically all our old failed qbs turned coaches from tee Martin to Brian brohm already have jobs they wouldn’t give up to be our oc. 

If it did happen and happened a bit later in the off season I think they might’ve let zach call his own plays and brought in some one familiar to the system and or zach to support him. 

12 hours ago, Booch said:

Rider President Craig Reynolds.