CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Vaj will go to the highest bidder between Hamilton ssk or cgy

Feel like its going to be Calgary. Hamilton maybe. Ottawa could also be interested. Edmonton strong possibility as well. I don't see him going to SSK

Edited by BBlink

7 hours ago, Booch said:

VAJ was doing just fine...with same roster...as they make excuses for Rourkie Poo and his teammates failing him...what a joke

When Adams was playing, he was lighting it up. He was throwing the ball & completing passes all over the place & pushing the ball vertically downfield. Now, with Rourke, Hatcher can't get any separation because of his achilles injury. The other receivers suddenly can't block & they're suddenly a sub par group. Nothing about Rourke playing like ****. Campbell is coaching like he wants to be elsewhere next season. 

yeah TSN is totally playing the excuse and blame game with their great Canadian hope Rourke

BC effectively screwed their season bringing him in...If they felt the need to, they should have signed him to a pro-rated deal for this yr.....and had him as back-up to Vaj if/when he faltered...or got hurt....but nope....they went polar opposite route....and you can see the fractions on that team now....there were guys loyal to VAJ who had zero relationship to Rourkie...and you can see it

If you want a text book lesson on how to screw your room...season....look at BC

Happiest guy in all this has gotta be the Banana...he gets to leave that scene and very likely play for the Grey Cup right back there....and quite possibly get a ring out of the deal

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah TSN is totally playing the excuse and blame game with their great Canadian hope Rourke

BC effectively screwed their season bringing him in...If they felt the need to, they should have signed him to a pro-rated deal for this yr.....and had him as back-up to Vaj if/when he faltered...or got hurt....but nope....they went polar opposite route....and you can see the fractions on that team now....there were guys loyal to VAJ who had zero relationship to Rourkie...and you can see it

If you want a text book lesson on how to screw your room...season....look at BC

Happiest guy in all this has gotta be the Banana...he gets to leave that scene and very likely play for the Grey Cup right back there....and quite possibly get a ring out of the deal

I get that bc couldn’t let him walk else where. vaj has never been consistent or been able to win in the clutch. 
 The real dumb thing bc did was throwing Rourke right in. They should’ve held him back a month easily while he built chemistry with the team again, learned the play book etc. even vaj missing shouldn’t have been met with instant Rourke play. 
He’s going into his sophomore play in the worst way possible. 

27 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Rourke has not moves the attendance needle one bit in BC, owner needs a bigger entertainment budget next year

27 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Rourke has not moves the attendance needle one bit in BC, owner needs a bigger entertainment budget next year

Or cheap beer and hot dogs.

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I get that bc couldn’t let him walk else where. vaj has never been consistent or been able to win in the clutch. 
 The real dumb thing bc did was throwing Rourke right in. They should’ve held him back a month easily while he built chemistry with the team again, learned the play book etc. even vaj missing shouldn’t have been met with instant Rourke play. 
He’s going into his sophomore play in the worst way possible. 

This isn't his sophomore year, it's his third year with the Lions.

4 hours ago, bustamente said:

I think the fans have seen this team screw up many times &  took a wait & see attitude. I will say this that attendance was better with Vaj. The guy was having a helluva season before it was snatched away from him.

5 hours ago, Gail said:

This isn't his sophomore year, it's his third year with the Lions.

As in his follow up year as a starter. It’s a bit different for QBs since they generally sit for 1-2 years or some times more. 

QBs have a bit of an advantage when they first break out. It takes until their 2nd year for teams to have game film from playing them, with a game plan well built around them. That’s why the Sophmore jinx at qb is a thing. The team has built the offence around them and isn’t experimenting with installs week to week. Teams prepare for that qb and that offence, with film from playing them and other teams playing with that prep. 

On 2024-10-05 at 9:13 PM, BBlink said:

Feel like its going to be Calgary. Hamilton maybe. Ottawa could also be interested. Edmonton strong possibility as well. I don't see him going to SSK

Sask will have a very expensive receiving corp, the team hasn't proven anything yet, they wont be getting team friendly discounts.

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

As in his follow up year as a starter. It’s a bit different for QBs since they generally sit for 1-2 years or some times more. 

QBs have a bit of an advantage when they first break out. It takes until their 2nd year for teams to have game film from playing them, with a game plan well built around them. That’s why the Sophmore jinx at qb is a thing. The team has built the offence around them and isn’t experimenting with installs week to week. Teams prepare for that qb and that offence, with film from playing them and other teams playing with that prep. 

Even little things like tendencies and physical read give-aways take some time to find but once you've got them you've got them. Every QB has his tells, you just gotta figure them out. When a rookie comes in they are unpredictable because you just can't read off their eyes or physical tendencies and that's a big advantage for them. Once opposing defences are able to decipher that he (eg.) drops his shoulder, or points his toes a certain direction before doing this or that....the field shrinks big time for them. Just adding to your point...I know you are aware of this.

7 hours ago, Nolby said:

Sask will have a very expensive receiving corp, the team hasn't proven anything yet, they wont be getting team friendly discounts.

That's true, but why tf would anyone want to go to CGY right now? POS stadium, zero fans, owner who doesn't care, coach who looks like he's past his best before date....I just don't see the appeal outside of $$. If SSK or Ham drop their current starters and rebuild their QB rooms they'll have the space.

33 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Even little things like tendencies and physical read give-aways take some time to find but once you've got them you've got them. Every QB has his tells, you just gotta figure them out. When a rookie comes in they are unpredictable because you just can't read off their eyes or physical tendencies and that's a big advantage for them. Once opposing defences are able to decipher that he (eg.) drops his shoulder, or points his toes a certain direction before doing this or that....the field shrinks big time for them. Just adding to your point...I know you are aware of this.

Yep that’s all an excellent addition. For QBs like Fajardo, getting their timing down on timing routes is huge. 

40 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

That's true, but why tf would anyone want to go to CGY right now? POS stadium, zero fans, owner who doesn't care, coach who looks like he's past his best before date....I just don't see the appeal outside of $$. If SSK or Ham drop their current starters and rebuild their QB rooms they'll have the space.

My money is still on Calgary, Maier goes to Sask. Calgary needs to make a huge push for VA, they need to show the team/fans that they do care and want to become relevant again.

6 minutes ago, Nolby said:

My money is still on Calgary, Maier goes to Sask. Calgary needs to make a huge push for VA, they need to show the team/fans that they do care and want to become relevant again.

I can see Edmonton doing the same - the new owner may want to make a big push especially if the Ford refusing to play thing is legit as he wouldn't be back next season.  MBT is a FA so he's not a guarantee to be back either.

43 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yep that’s all an excellent addition. For QBs like Fajardo, getting their timing down on timing routes is huge. 

Cody is a perfect example of film study shutting down a QB. He is a creature of habit. For the first 10 starts of his career in Regina he was on fire, until defences studied the film and figured out that he defaulted to retreating and spin-o-rama when under pressure and then he was awful until he re-invented his game. Now defences have figured out his new tendencies and he has been pretty average to below average as this season has gone on. 

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

I know it would ne funny if Sask ends up with the worst QB in this shuffle... but I just don't see that happening... Sask would re-sign Harris before signing McCheese.... and that would be the right move  

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

I know it would ne funny if Sask ends up with the worst QB in this shuffle... but I just don't see that happening... Sask would re-sign Harris before signing McCheese.... and that would be the right move  

and just as shitty of a move too lol

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

and just as shitty of a move too lol

Harris is a really good QB,  if he were playing on our team he would be lighting it up big time.     Maier has dropped big time,  I can't imagine him starting next season.  I'd imagine his next contract/team is a prove it deal where he is a veteran backup.       

Vaj to Cal....Dickie boy trying to save his bacon....Maier to Ham as I think Bo Levi is getting ready to pull the pin....Ford???who knows where...anyones guess ...I doubt he remains in Edm and  a few teams including us might kick the tires...Should be some interesting qb movement in 25'