CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

Just now, JCon said:

I don't know about Bo. Has he announced that this is his last season? Given how well he has played, and how they turned around their season, I bet he comes back for one more. 

I would be gobsmacked if he didn't return for another year.

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Vaj to Cal....Dickie boy trying to save his bacon....Maier to Ham as I think Bo Levi is getting ready to pull the pin....Ford???who knows where...anyones guess ...I doubt he remains in Edm and  a few teams including us might kick the tires...Should be some interesting qb movement in 25'

If there’s any truth to the rumour that Ford refused to play, that could impact his trade value. 

5 hours ago, JCon said:

I don't know about Bo. Has he announced that this is his last season? Given how well he has played, and how they turned around their season, I bet he comes back for one more. 

Bo comes back…. To Calgary! Haha I’d pay to see that. Idk if he’s even a fa but I wanna see it.  

I could see Toronto jumping into the qb market too. They can’t count on Kelly and don’t have the answer on the Bench like they thought they did. 

8 hours ago, Stickem said:

Vaj to Cal....Dickie boy trying to save his bacon....Maier to Ham as I think Bo Levi is getting ready to pull the pin....Ford???who knows where...anyone's guess ...I doubt he remains in Edm and  a few teams including us might kick the tires...Should be some interesting qb movement in 25'

Adams, IMO, will be far and away the best QB available in the off-season but will not come cheap. It may depend who is willing to put out the best offer in trade bait. Calgary does not have an excess of talent at pretty much any position to trade. Saskatchewan is only slightly better, and so is Hamilton.

Anyone else getting tired of seeing this, "Milligan For MVP" campaign going on thanks mostly to the Riders fanbase, Glen Suitor & TSN??? Or, in other words the, "Anybody But Brady" movement dedicated to screwing him out again for the League's MOP Award?

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I think BLM stays in Hamilton

VAJ to Edmonton as a free agent.

MBT to Calgary.

Riders keep Harris.

I'd like to see Winnipeg pick up Taylor Powell in the off season.

What about that kid that played when Fajardo was injured? he looked like a great long term prospect.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

No touchdowns but a hell of a lot of field goal tries 

Lose every game 28-20

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I think BLM stays in Hamilton

VAJ to Edmonton as a free agent.

MBT to Calgary.

Riders keep Harris.

I'd like to see Winnipeg pick up Taylor Powell in the off season.

That all seems pretty realistic. I’d like to see Bombers pick up Powell too but I doubt it unless Zach retires.
Until then I think it’s ZC/TD Terry/Whoever wins the 3rd QB job next camp out of Grainger and rookies. 

VAJ to Edmonton or Calgary both make sense, I’d be pretty surprised if he wasn’t in Alberta for 2025. 

Think the riders keep Harris (unless he retires) and sign Tre Ford. 
VAJ to Calgary or Edmonton, other one gets a Powell/MBT combo. 
McCheese to the riders if Harris retires and to backup in BC if he doesn’t. 

All based off nothing of course, just wild guesses. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Lose every game 28-20

That all seems pretty realistic. I’d like to see Bombers pick up Powell too but I doubt it unless Zach retires.
Until then I think it’s ZC/TD Terry/Whoever wins the 3rd QB job next camp out of Grainger and rookies. 

VAJ to Edmonton or Calgary both make sense, I’d be pretty surprised if he wasn’t in Alberta for 2025. 

Think the riders keep Harris (unless he retires) and sign Tre Ford. 
VAJ to Calgary or Edmonton, other one gets a Powell/MBT combo. 
McCheese to the riders if Harris retires and to backup in BC if he doesn’t. 

All based off nothing of course, just wild guesses. 

If Strev is indeed going to miss the beginning of next year I wouldn’t be surprised to see us add a league qb even if zach stays. 
 That said it might be dole if he shows well late in the year and they like him. 

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

If Strev is indeed going to miss the beginning of next year I wouldn’t be surprised to see us add a league qb even if zach stays. 

We've already got our "league qb" in Jake Dolegala. Why would the Bombers sign another if the plan is to being back Streveler? One would hope that their are more long term plans for the qb room if we can sign someone better. I won't be happy if our backup is Streveler once again. A player shouldn't have six or 7 seasons of longevity based on just our 2019 Grey Cup run.  Streveler did phenomenal that season but it's clear that Buck will never use him the way LaPo did so it's time to move on.  We need to find a legit replacement for Collaros. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

16 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

BC has $750,000 committed to Rourke next year and they likely want to bring back Betts. Unless Adams has no guaranteed money, I think they'll have to cut Adams because teams will just wait it out rather than give up assets.

I agree the Milligan for MOP campaign is a joke and yes I could see Brady getting screwed over again.

https://3downnation.com/2024/02/21/b-c-lions-sign-qb-vernon-adams-jr-to-contract-extension-through-2026/

Adams Jr. receives a $200,000 signing bonus with $395,000 hard money in 2024, $500,000 hard money in 2025 and $505,000 hard money in 2026 with half his base salary guaranteed in the final year.

There is guaranteed money - just not for next season so they maybe able to wait a little bit for teams to get desperate.  

30 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

BC has $750,000 committed to Rourke next year and they likely want to bring back Betts. Unless Adams has no guaranteed money, I think they'll have to cut Adams because teams will just wait it out rather than give up assets.

I agree the Milligan for MOP campaign is a joke and yes I could see Brady getting screwed over again.

They cut VA they'll be spending money on him for 2 more years.

Edited by Bigblue204

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Anyone else getting tired of seeing this, "Milligan For MVP" campaign going on thanks mostly to the Riders fanbase, Glen Suitor & TSN??? Or, in other words the, "Anybody But Brady" movement dedicated to screwing him out again for the League's MOP Award?

What about that kid that played when Fajardo was injured? he looked like a great long term prospect.

yup....he's good...dont get me wrong but all the yapping is beyond sense now...

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Strev will be back here as he basically wont be on the books until after Labour Day...so it makes total sense. I hope when back we have him listed as a QB3 but he does stuff on teams...Like Prukopp...and have him come in in 2qb sets but actually utilize him effectively and let him work back to 100 percent "game" health as a multi role guy...Have hin do short yardage but straight forward with no nonsense like they doing with Wilson.

It's a given ZC is gonna be back for 2025 and I would be fine with Wilson continued to be groomed and DoleBananna as the 3rd guy. I almost at the belief that with good coaching...scheme and pieces around him he can be more than serviceable as a back-up. Bring in competition for sure, but if we break camp with the 3 we have now...we are in good shape. I have a gut feeling about Wilson if brought along right and groomed properly he could be a legit real deal guy....no need to let a second home grown in our system QB walk

I think VAJ deal will be re-worked so BC can trade him, cause if they don't they are screwed....it may involve using surplus money from this yr to give him a bonus but it will be manipulated so they off the hook for the guaranteed part for 2025.

They tied themselves to Rourkie boy...with big cash so that is likely the only way out