CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Flutie might as well have been a God when it came to the CFL. Bad games simply did not exist for him. An absolute assassin on the field.

Not true. His first season in BC was bad. He kept getting pulled. After that, he was absolutely the best QB I've ever seen in person. 

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Not true. His first season in BC was bad. He kept getting pulled. After that, he was absolutely the best QB I've ever seen in person. 

Like every American qb, he needed time to adjust to the CFL game. In 1990, he did throw for 2,960 yards & 16 touchdowns but had 19 interceptions. He had a 52.8% completion percentage. I wouldn't call that bad. That would be average. 

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

Somebody has to wake up the old folks who are living in the past and thinking that the game is the same as back then.  It's embarrassing for them to live in such delusions. 

It is more fun to watch old hockey and football because of the high scoring and far larger margin of blown coverage and misses.       It's just hilarious to me that people are so simple that they think that the players of yester-year could compete in todays game.   

Stop embarrassing yourself,  it's sad.   Join this conversation once you watch some 1980's hockey.   You clearly have not.        

You just lost me & the majority of posters here with those comments. So, you're younger than most of us here, big deal. You just proved that ignorance has no age barriers.

Edited by SpeedFlex27