Week 1. Revenge of the Darkside

6 hours ago, BomberBall. said:

So who on the Bomber roster is the Bandit?  Hopefully one of the new DBs.

Jake Thomas cuz he’s stealing a roster spot. ??? 

Montreal beat us in the cup. It’s game 1. I see many the TDs for Zach and crew. It’s revenge. 

Montreal, I am your father. Hopefully we mentally ruin fajardo like we did Evans also. 

Someone bring a sign that says 

Fajardos mom never puT hiS artwork oN the fridge. 

I don't need an ass kicking.... Just a win. The first of many, hopefully. I'm very concerned about how rusty a lot of the 1s will be, especially on O. I feel like it's gonna look outta sync for the first bit... Especially Brady trying to get used to the blocking at game speed again.

If we win 3-0 to go 1-0 on the season, I'll take it. 

It's gonna be damn good to be back in our STH spot again with our little "family" of fans with plenty of good beers... Ell eff gee.

8 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I see cfl.ca's Brandon C Williams(whoever the hell that is) has been doing his due diligence and is up to task with his article today. Cant wait to see this new guy Liam Dotson who is apparently one of the new faces on this years team. Do they not have any proof readers? Its actually embarrassing for a leagues website.

Do not take fantasy advice from this guy.  Zero research was done for this article.

Beyond spelling mistakes, he also mentions three guys who are no longer with the team (one of whom was released weeks ago).  

5 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Do not take fantasy advice from this guy.  Zero research was done for this article.

Beyond spelling mistakes, he also mentions three guys who are no longer with the team (one of whom was released weeks ago).  

Marshall Ferguson’s write up on Bennett potentially heading to the Bombers is funny too. He cautions readers that we could make it work as long as we do some ratio juggling.

Last I checked, you don’t have to do anything ratio wise to let a Canadian play. What kind of garbage is this lol 

Always interesting to know if anyone turned down a pr spot. But we move on. 

go blue. 

you can do it cuz we all know the jets can’t. You are our only true hope for a pro sports title. Let’s friggin go. Do it for biggie and park and diddy, not so much diddy,  let’s go. Stomp a mud hole in their ass. 

Edited by Goalie

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm very concerned about how rusty a lot of the 1s will be, especially on O. I feel like it's gonna look outta sync for the first bit... Especially Brady trying to get used to the blocking at game speed again.

"

Edited by BigBlue

2 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

"

Yeah, I am very concerned about the bombers brain trust choice of the lineup on Friday night. Not only did they rob the fans but they also rob the team stars for an opportunity to tune up at game speed. Now Thursday night is in jeopardy because the coaches think they can make instant pudding with a whole bunch of linemen and other players who are just not used to playing with each other, even a little bit. Changes take time to adapt but the brain trust is denying that.

2 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Yeah, I am very concerned about the bombers brain trust choice of the lineup on Friday night. Not only did they rob the fans but they also rob the team stars for an opportunity to tune up at game speed. Now Thursday night is in jeopardy because the coaches think they can make instant pudding with a whole bunch of linemen and other players who are just not used to playing with each other, even a little bit. Changes take time to adapt but the brain trust is denying that.

It's a very long season, plenty of time to "adapt". While I'd like the Bombers, to (unrealistically) go 18-0, I just want them in the playoffs. 

Posted (edited)

Wtf is wrong with you people? MOS taking this for granted. Not putting out the best product, preseason #3? Offense bogging down etc etc etc Jesus Christ it's ******* Tuesday before the game. You're all talking like they lost already. Don't need this type of negativity before I'm done my coffee.

Bombers win big in Thursday.

Y'all should go buy a Fajardo jersey

Edited by Bigblue204

18 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Such a dangerous thing to be writing off games. Its bad enough we do it at the end of the season. If we do it at the beginning we are cooked. Its a far cry from the days of Mos talking about wanting to get wins when ever we could. 

The dynasty team we have has been taken for granted. We don't need to use the naturalized american, we don't need to get more than 4-5 snaps in a niche role out of a DI, we should start and play all the canadians and role guys like they are stars, just draft cover team guys and it'll be fine. It drives me insane. Especially after seeing the best group of defensive talent in a bomber TC ever. 

You're not even allowing for the possibility that you may be slightly overvaluing guys you've seen for a handful of snaps across one or two of poorly televised pre-season games, eh?

4 hours ago, BigBlue said:

It was because of the short turnaround between the last preseason game and regular season,there is no conspiracy here,relax dude.😊

Edited by bb1

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

You're not even allowing for the possibility that you may be slightly overvaluing guys you've seen for a handful of snaps across one or two of poorly televised pre-season games, eh?

I agree it's the best talent wise we have brought in as well...Thats from seeing practices, and watching techniques and physical ability, and also what they can actually do scheme wise

Pre-season games for most part are somewhat useless other than to get in game shape aerobically....Talent and smarts is evident without game action, especially when playing starts vrs scrubs...scrubs vrs scrubs....or when you have a talented guy with the scrubs...but no opportunity to show anything

I made my assesment for example of Garbutt and Fox from practice last yr already....and when some you'all got to actually see them against the #1's in the pr-season....the majority were all onboard...last yr was just attack me cause I had a Osh hate...and yeah...I did and do in a few regards...roster makeup...and use of talent regardless if they inferior as he likes to play the tenure card more times than not

4 hours ago, BigBlue said:

If you listened to Brown on the pregame show, he mentioned a few times that after year 2, preseason games were nothing to most vets. Just not needed. Not enjoyed. Got nothing from them. Quote "Never once in my career did I say, I wanted more playing time in a preseason game" 

So maybe, just maybe the professionals know what they're doing.

3 minutes ago, bb1 said:

It was because of the short turnaround between the last preseason game and regular season,there is no conspiracy here,relax dude.😊

a few series to get in sync would have zero effect on a body on a short turn around like that....and it's also asking for an injury....strain...sprain being from messing up a assignment....being out of sync or just being tossed into real action with zero reps...

Barring a freak catastrophic injury in your minimal reps there was no downside to playing them even for a few reps....and minimal upside holding them out...

14 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Nope. Because 1, it isn't based just on that, and 2, talent jumps off the page. Potential and talent level is the easiest, fastest thing to recognize in sports, if you have even a modest clue of what you are looking at. We had more guys who won championships at their previous stop, guys with more NFL games, more 5 star prospects, and more feldman freak list guys and types of guys this year then in the previous 3+ camps combined. We had a huge crop of guys that were on our NL for a year +. Having a single guy like adams who is an absolute NFL outlier of an athlete, the elite of the elite, is a rare thing up here. And we had multiple guys like that. 

Edited by wbbfan

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

I agree it's the best talent wise we have brought in as well...Thats from seeing practices, and watching techniques and physical ability, and also what they can actually do scheme wise

Pre-season games for most part are somewhat useless other than to get in game shape aerobically....Talent and smarts is evident without game action, especially when playing starts vrs scrubs...scrubs vrs scrubs....or when you have a talented guy with the scrubs...but no opportunity to show anything

I made my assesment for example of Garbutt and Fox from practice last yr already....and when some you'all got to actually see them against the #1's in the pr-season....the majority were all onboard...last yr was just attack me cause I had a Osh hate...and yeah...I did and do in a few regards...roster makeup...and use of talent regardless if they inferior as he likes to play the tenure card more times than not

I attack you because you say the same darn thing in every post you make. Sometimes 20-30 times per day.

In terms of roster management, I've been on board since day one; you just repeat it so often and sometimes way too far in that direction that I have to argue against it. And then you make personal attacks but then deny doing so. It's tiresome. 

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

If you listened to Brown on the pregame show, he mentioned a few times that after year 2, preseason games were nothing to most vets. Just not needed. Not enjoyed. Got nothing from them. Quote "Never once in my career did I say, I wanted more playing time in a preseason game" 

To each his own...some guys feel the opposite...I used to play min  4 pre-season games....loved every second of them to be able to get out thre and smack guys around...and get smacked...and majority of the guys I know would say similar...its all on how you like to get in your gam mind set

From my experience tho more guys came up lame, or had lingering ailments nagging them in first parts of the seson from inactivity...not too much activity...

20 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Wtf is wrong with you people? MOS taking this for granted. Not putting out the best product, preseason #3? Offense bogging down etc etc etc Jesus Christ it's ******* Tuesday before the game. You're all talking like they lost already. Don't need this type of negativity before I'm done my coffee.

Bombers win big in Thursday.

Y'all should go buy a Fajardo jersey

You should rewatch the GC

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Nope. Because 1, it isn't based just on that, and 2, talent jumps off the page. Potential and talent level is the easiest fastest thing to recognize in sports if you have even a modest clue of what you are looking at. We had more guys who won champion ships at their previous stop, guys with more NFL games, more 5 star prospects, and more feldman freak list guys and types of guys this year then in the previous 3+ camps combined. We had a huge crop of guys that were on our NL for a year +. Having a single guy like adams who is an absolute NFL outlier of an athlete, the elite of the elite, is a rare thing up here. And we had multiple guys like that. 

And he made the roster.

Yet here we are again. Hearing the complaints that the coaches are making the wrong choices. 

10 minutes ago, bb1 said:

They shouldve made some cuts between pre season week 1 and 2. I mean does any one think cutshank needed or warranted a 2nd game to continue to  screw up returning? We kept guys around to not play them. This would be questionable in any league. 

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Vets don't like tc and pre season by and large. Doesn't mean it isn't needed / important. Also, any guy coming off a serious injury should play. You never know how most recoveries have gone until you actually play on it. 

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I attack you because you say the same darn thing in every post you make. Sometimes 20-30 times per day.

In terms of roster management, I've been on board since day one; you just repeat it so often and sometimes way too far in that direction that I have to argue against it. And then you make personal attacks but then deny doing so. It's tiresome. 

obviously if i dont waver and just fall in with the masses then it's warranted......and can say same about you....u ramble with yhour same boot licking narratives too....dont know you from Jack...But I also know a lot of yhour theories and ideals come from out of your head, and not really warranted, and some from mob mentality....to each their own....and if sayig someone is an idiot and way out to lunch is an attack...so be it...dont wanna be attackd...dont be an idiot??...hmmmm

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

To each his own...some guys feel the opposite...I used to play min  4 pre-season games....loved every second of them to be able to get out thre and smack guys around...and get smacked...and majority of the guys I know would say similar...its all on how you like to get in your gam mind set

From my experience tho more guys came up lame, or had lingering ailments nagging them in first parts of the seson from inactivity...not too much activity...

And tbh, that is the type of attitude we need on this team right now. 

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

And he made the roster.

Yet here we are again. Hearing the complaints that the coaches are making the wrong choices. 

You bolded it, then didn't read the next sentence? lol. You tried soo hard to miss the point. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

You should rewatch the GC

last 2 actually

nd it's funny...In his June 3rd presser he claims Sl Couture won't put a guy out there who isnt able to do his job and is 100 percent...well I guess he over ruled him in Grey Cup last yr...as 4 guys for sure didn't fit that mindset....But hey he's Mike Oshea....won lota games...been to Grey Cup 4 yrs running...well we lost the last 2 running for a lack of a better word due to stupidity, and piss poor rotering/depth