Week 1. Revenge of the Darkside

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Thomas or an ni ol for Hubert. 
only go one imp wr as kr and 5 th. 
Ayers since we have Cole could come off for an imp. 

If that happened you’d be complaining we have no import LB depth. 

I’m all for complaining about roster management after last year but this is getting ridiculous. 

I’m glad Hubert shows enough promise to stick around on the PR but he’s an 8th round pick for godsake 

5 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

I’m all for complaining about roster management after last year but this is getting ridiculous. 

I’m glad Hubert shows enough promise to stick around on the PR but he’s an 8th round pick for godsake 

Have to cover kicks too.  Supposed to be a 50 km/h wind tomorrow.  Going to be a lot of special teams.

14 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

No because we have Cole. I was complimentary of our defensive roster as well if you read the posts lol. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Adams is also our most explosive nose, he should move around a lot, if he gets stuck at edge we lose out. 
 He’s a guy who the offence will have to account for, which makes the blocking assignments soo much harder. Especially when we already have Willy. The more he moves the harder it is to block. 

In general our defensive depth is really good across the board. With tons of flexibility. Db goes down? We got multiple guys who can go in. Wil/mac same thing. Dt plenty of guys. The only real thin spot is back up de. If we had that we’d have a masterfully balanced defensive roster. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

No because we have Cole. I was complimentary of our defensive roster as well if you read the posts lol. 

If Cole or Wilson goes down then you’d have Gauthier or Kramdi playing every down. 

I agree if it would be nice to have another DE on the roster but with the limitations on Americans you can only have so many American backups playing. 

5 hours ago, blue85gold said:

I guess Lemon is allowed to play while his suspension is appealed? 

Apparently it’s the Als right tackle’s first game, so hopefully Willie and Haba (and anyone else playing end despite being a tackle) can give him a warm welcome 

I wonder who Lemon is picking to win?

Jesse

• Grand Master
  • Members
  • LocationWinnipeg
  3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Absolutely is. He appealed and is allowed to play until the hearing.

I love smacking Randy when he’s down as much as the next guy, but there’s not much he can do here and he’s been very vocal that he doesn’t think Lemon should be able to play.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well then, the hearing should take place within 2 weeks of the announcement the player has appealed. The way it is now, it could be months before it's done which makes the process more of a joke. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well then, the hearing should take place within 2 weeks of the announcement the player has appealed. The way it is now, it could be months before it's done which makes the process more of a joke. 

That's great, but it sounds like it's outside of his purview.

I picked the Bombers, but I have a bunch of worries about this game:

Several vets with little to no pre-season action.
BA, Brady O, & Neuf all starting with just a couple of practices under their belts. I hope the injuries are fully healed.
Two new corners. Ford's only got 1 start in his career.
Gauthier @ MLB.
Two new starters on the OL & very little time together in the pre-season to gel.
New returner with zero returns in pre-season.

25 minutes ago, Jesse said:

That's great, but it sounds like it's outside of his purview.

Yep.  It's an independent arbitrator that sets the schedule so yeah nothing the league can do at the moment.  Appeals are expected to take weeks to play out and it's been about 3 weeks since the appeal was filed so you would think it'll wrap up sooner rather than later.

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

So, if this were the regular season, he would be allowed to play 6 plus games before they reviewed the case? 

With all the legitimate criticism thrown at the Argo's in terms of how some in that organization handled the CK issue, how about some questions for the Montreal organization in terms of the SL issue. I know its the players/Teams prerogative that he can play as his appeal makes it way thru the process but maybe Montreal could say SL is innocent till proven guilty but will not be playing until a decision has be rendered to ensure no distractions for our team with the tasks at hand with our upcoming games. They technically are doing nothing wrong on having SL play during his appeal but there are other routes they could have taken.

That's complete bull$hit if Lemon is allowed to play....the Als could shelve him but they won't and that speaks complete irresponsibility to me....The Als. organization is going to have a stain and the league has it's hands tied , with regard to stepping in and showing that the reputation of this league will and must be preserved  ........Statements like , 'I wonder who Lemon has his money on this one' is quite laughable if it wasn't so sad

Edited by Stickem

10 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I picked the Bombers, but I have a bunch of worries about this game:

Several vets with little to no pre-season action.
BA, Brady O, & Neuf all starting with just a couple of practices under their belts. I hope the injuries are fully healed.
Two new corners. Ford's only got 1 start in his career.
Gauthier @ MLB.
Two new starters on the OL & very little time together in the pre-season to gel.
New returner with zero returns in pre-season.

Agree there will be rust and obvious rookie questions for Game 1. But I don't get all the Gauthier hate around here. Guy is a stud, knows the system, and has good lateral quickness - plenty fast enough to cover receivers coming out of the backfield. Who remembers Gauthier running all the way across the field to chase down Marcus Thigpen to stop a Riders TD on a trick play couple years ago? Gauthier also has no trouble stopping the run. Besides it's a rotation.

3 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Agree there will be rust and obvious rookie questions for Game 1. But I don't get all the Gauthier hate around here. Guy is a stud, knows the system, and has good lateral quickness - plenty fast enough to cover receivers coming out of the backfield. Who remembers Gauthier running all the way across the field to chase down Marcus Thigpen to stop a Riders TD on a trick play couple years ago? Gauthier also has no trouble stopping the run. Besides it's a rotation.

Yep we don't make the Grey Cup without Gauthier making that play, that was huge

17 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

yes that play was incredible and one that he'll always be remembered for... but that was a special teams play and it was also 5 years ago.... there's a reason he's a journeymen special teamer with almost no starting experience.... if he was starter quality, he would've been playing there a long time ago, not making his first start at 32 years old... as an in-game emergency fill in, he's fine... but when you've had all camp to find a new MLB and the best you can do it a 32 year old, journeymen, special teamer with no starting experience.... that's a major fail...

I hope is that he's a "starter" in name only... and there will be plenty on movement in the LB ranks throughout the game... I honestly prefer the team rolled the dice on Ayers or Gemmell.  

EDIT: I should also note, I love Gauthier and think he's a fantastic ST player and one of the leaders on this team... he's just not a starting MLB

Edited by bearpants

9 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

I don't think anyone hates Gauthier.  He can play and has his uses, it's just not the the optimal line-up (imo).  If it was a ratio issue and had to go with him, I don't think there would be much as much discussion about it, but that's not the case.

14 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

he not a good cover linebacker....and that run down was like....5 yrs ago??...He's good in run situations....but not a complete everydown guy you want out there...if he was....he'd been doing it for years now

Not concerned with Ford one bit on the corner...and the issue I could see is rust and syncronicity for a bit....That being said, it's the same offence thats been in place for yrs now...same guys....a few new installs but they should over come....So not too concerned....and our defence is facing Cody flippin Vajardo....No way he will beat us back to back...Likely no way he does again rest his career....guy fluked his one moment out already

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

concerned....and our defence is facing Cody flippin Vajardo....No way he will beat us back to back...

As much as they talk about new season, last year means nothing blah blah blah, you know that this ad is embarrassed and angry about what happened. Cody better be praying hard or he might just get to meet Jesus tonight.