Week 1. Revenge of the Darkside

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

As much as they talk about new season, last year means nothing blah blah blah, you know that this ad is embarrassed and angry about what happened. Cody better be praying hard or he might just get to meet Jesus tonight.

I’m not able to make the game so Cody gonna have to wait a bit. ;) 

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I loved the Gauthier play. I've told him when I met him it was one of the most important tackles in bomber history and he'll forever be a legend for it. But he's not a starting LB in the CFL. 

He can start, he just shouldn't play much beyond the first snap.

9 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

As mentioned elsewhere on here, Cody doesn’t have Mack to bail him out this year. Unless one of their new receivers is a stud he’ll be in trouble 

Cody plays above his head about every eighth game. I doubt he puts together two in a row.

16 hours ago, blue85gold said:

If Cole or Wilson goes down then you’d have Gauthier or Kramdi playing every down. 

I agree if it would be nice to have another DE on the roster but with the limitations on Americans you can only have so many American backups playing. 

no, ayers would go in. If cole AND wilson went down then you'd be onto gauthier or kramdi. If two guys go down at the same position any where on the field youre in trouble,. 

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Cody plays above his head about every eighth game. I doubt he puts together two in a row.

Julien-Grant, Snead (Dressler clone), Philpot, Spieker, some guy named Rambo....seems like a pretty good group of receivers.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

As much as they talk about new season, last year means nothing blah blah blah, you know that this ad is embarrassed and angry about what happened. Cody better be praying hard or he might just get to meet Jesus tonight.

You still seem angry, the Bombers not so much.

17 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Julien-Grant, Snead (Dressler clone), Philpot, Spieker, some guy named Rambo....seems like a pretty good group of receivers.

You still seem angry, the Bombers not so much.

Seems like a pretty unproven group of receivers. Maybe they are good? Maybe they are crap? I am not sure how anyone could come to any kind of opinion on them right now because no one knows who the hell they are really. ONE receiver out of this group exceeded 700 yards last year...barely.

Edited by GCn20

12 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Seems like a pretty unproven group of receivers. Maybe they are good? Maybe they are crap? I am not sure how anyone could come to any kind of opinion on them right now because no one knows who the hell they are really. ONE receiver out of this group exceeded 700 yards last year...barely.

They are highly skilled receivers, don't know how you can watch a few of their games and not figure that out, you need stats to verify their physical talent?  Plug them into the Bomber offence and they would do just fine.

Edited by Fatty Liver

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

no, ayers would go in. If cole AND wilson went down then you'd be onto gauthier or kramdi. If two guys go down at the same position any where on the field youre in trouble,. 

You were talking about taking off the backup LB to get a DE on. Ayers wouldn’t on the roster. 

9 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

They are highly skilled receivers, don't know how you can watch a few of their games and not figure that out, you need stats to verify their physical talent?  Plug them into the Bomber offence and they would do just fine.

what reciever wouldnt here tho...MT has the Faj tossing ducks...and quails....and poor placed balls....I dont see any circus catcher's there...the one they had is with the Falcons

Grant is a good Canuck....Snead showed some skills....is he still under radar tho now?...I think he caught some teams off-gaurd...Spieker hasnt proved anything worthy of being a legit game breaker...2 seasons...what...a TD...maybe 10 yards a catch...Rambo who?....Philpott too....whats he shown over 2 yrs other than some potential...and being hurt last yr?...That crEw doesnt scare anyone...especially with a middling QB...Lets see what the stats show after game 10 tho

Edited by Booch

18 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

You were talking about taking off the backup LB to get a DE on. Ayers wouldn’t on the roster. 

Yes, because Ayer’s and Cole are on the roster. So if you take one off you still have one imp back up. The same depth as the dl and secondary. Taking Ayer’s off for a de would perfectly even out the imp depth. Then a start and an imp have to get hurt at any position to put you in a bad spot. That’s the point. 

Get Faj on his horse right from the get go and watch their game crumble....Have we got the talent to do that??? We are about to find out.....AND I hope one of our guys asks Lemon if he bet the Bombers tonight.....and adds , mistake if you didn't, then commence to bury the buggers

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yes, because Ayer’s and Cole are on the roster. So if you take one off you still have one imp back up. The same depth as the dl and secondary. Taking Ayer’s off for a de would perfectly even out the imp depth. Then a start and an imp have to get hurt at any position to put you in a bad spot. That’s the point. 

No I think you’re wrong here. Cole is listed as a backup but hopefully will be rotating in like a starter and taking out a Canadian. With everyone healthy Wilson and cole can be in at the same time, either with Gauthier or Kramdhi. If one of the imports gets hurt, and Ayers were off the roster, then you’re stuck playing the Canadians with no American to rotate in. 

5 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

With all the legitimate criticism thrown at the Argo's in terms of how some in that organization handled the CK issue, how about some questions for the Montreal organization in terms of the SL issue. I know its the players/Teams prerogative that he can play as his appeal makes it way thru the process but maybe Montreal could say SL is innocent till proven guilty but will not be playing until a decision has be rendered to ensure no distractions for our team with the tasks at hand with our upcoming games. They technically are doing nothing wrong on having SL play during his appeal but there are other routes they could have taken.

totally agree with this....he's appealing the suspension, but not the reason why he's been suspended. It's a bad look on Montreal

23 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

No I think you’re wrong here. Cole is listed as a backup but hopefully will be rotating in like a starter and taking out a Canadian. With everyone healthy Wilson and cole can be in at the same time, either with Gauthier or Kramdhi. If one of the imports gets hurt, and Ayers were off the roster, then you’re stuck playing the Canadians with no American to rotate in. 

They can be in all game without both Kramdi and Gauthier...we only need to have 1 Canadian on the field at any given time as we only declare 1 as a Canadian position...and 6 on offence

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

They can be in all game without both Kramdi and Gauthier...we only need to have 1 Canadian on the field at any given time as we only declare 1 as a Canadian position...and 6 on offence

Ya man that’s my point. Would be foolish to take off an American LB and lose that ability. Especially if there’s an injury

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Then you’d have 6 import DL rostered!  That’s a little much.  2-3 on the sideline every snap even if you don’t use any Canadians on DL.

Need some consideration of special teams too which could easily be 20 plays in this game.

WJ/Haba/Garbutt/Fox/Adams/Woods/Schmeck with Wilson/Ayers/Cole would be the ideal guys to roster with bolded guys eating up 60 to 80% of snaps as front line guys carrying the load. Gives you 7 legit guys upfront to allow your linebackers to actually be active and seek and destroy...not how we have been relagated to using Biggie a lot of late.

If/when we nail down Bennett...even better as that would give 8 guys to rotate, and I would slot him into lineup in lieu of the extra O-lineman which is kind of overkill. That would give us a tremendous front....with really verstaile guys both inside and outside...Thomas is not needed and will not bring the energy or athleticism of any of those guys...just watch tonight for a good example.

If Schmecks isn't getting it done then swap them out...or let Samson have a go....and again drop Thomas in as a last resort...That being said a healthy Lawson makes things even easier and basically a non discussion

Fox...Haba..Garbutt have played on cover teams, so it's not like they only serve one purpose like Thomas does...I dont believe Schmeck does either....tho I recall Mason Bennett doing it