GDT Can the Bombers D shutdown the Als?

56 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

What’s worse? Plus 15 in June or minus 20 in December? 

Plus 9 later tonight in June with 50km an hour winds after it’s rained biblically the last month kinda sucks. And it rained again.  But on the plus side. Fajardo can’t throw and Brady is a better running back than montreals dude. 

I think the bombers will smother them. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

FCB isn't the easiest position, if that were true why are most teams playing internationals there.  Especially now that the hashmarks are moved in and their is less room on the fieldside.

I keep hearing how Nationals are inferior, but they're hardly ever played at the easiest position?

Most teams don't have any NATs capable of starting in the secondary. If they do they will almost always be playing field corner, or safety. That's just the facts. The field corner is the hardest/longest throw to make for a QB and most often is where teams lineup there 5th receiver.  There is more time to react for the DBs. The hashmarks moving in made it marginally tougher for DBs but it still allows the most margin for error for any of the DB positions.

Edited by GCn20

2 hours ago, BomberBall. said:

Forecast is showing the wind at 30km for game time, FWIW.

well not the best weather I was hoping for - the past few years it's always been perfect weather for the games I've attended including the season opener last year but oh well, bundle up and let's hope this weather helps us more than it does the enemy.

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

FAJARDO BACK TO PASS! JAKE THOMAS WITH THE PRESSURE! FAJARDO FUMBLES, OH NO! GAUTHIER PICKS UP THE FOOTBALL, HES GOING TO TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE! 60-3 BOMBERS LEAD! The crowd goes wild, Booch’s head explodes and we go 1-0 to start the season. 

60-3? Winning “the hard way” again I see. 

35 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Most teams don't have any NATs capable of starting in the secondary. If they do they will almost always be playing field corner, or safety. That's just the facts. The field corner is the hardest/longest throw to make for a QB and most often is where teams lineup there 5th receiver.  There is more time to react for the DBs. The hashmarks moving in made it marginally tougher for DBs but it still allows the most margin for error for any of the DB positions.

agreed...easiest of the 5 spots...dont go stating facts here tho....we know all too well many have no grasp of that and just run off with their distorted opinions...based on what I am not sure lol

1 minute ago, Booch said:

agreed...easiest of the 5 spots...dont go stating facts here tho....we know all too well many have no grasp of that and just run off with their distorted opinions...based on what I am not sure lol

But its  teh cAnAdIaN football league. Canadians can do any thing americans can do just as well!

GCN20 is bang on. Aside from QB, a canadian that can actually cover american wrs as a DB is the rarest ratio breaker. Next rarest is ones who can pass pro at the Tackle spot. The talent level has gotten drastically better among NI players, and athleticism too. But we also have a ton of Ben cahoon level canadians now. And even with all that, the default basis of teams NI ratio is 1 interior DL, 3 interior OL, and a 5th wr in the slot. The final spots are often filled out by a lber, a 2nd slot, and/or a S who has a limited role. Basically plug up the smallest zone in cover 3 schemes, come up into the box as needed, play the ceiling on robber stuff etc. It's seldom that an NI S is even asked to take the deepest man up the middle. Generally the better of the DHbs/Sam has that responsibility. 

Man I don't know.if it's cause it's a Thursday or what but there is absolutely no buzz around the city for the game. We started at Stella's, then OGC, then Half Pints, then Torque.... And the number of people who saw our jerseys and asked if there was a game tonight..... Like....?? It's the Home Opener!!! How is the city not buzzing?? Is it back to back GC losses, so some of the excitement has worn off??

Just really struck me as strange.... Thought everyone (restaurants and bars and breweries especially) would have gear on and really amped up for game day. Not so much. 

I've switched gears at work now and am in more of a marketing role... I would like to talk to the Powers That Be around here about how we can market these things better and all have lots of fun (and hopefully make some money while you're at it....) :)

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Man I don't know.if it's cause it's a Thursday or what but there is absolutely no buzz around the city for the game. We started at Stella's, then OGC, then Half Pints, then Torque.... And the number of people who saw our jerseys and asked if there was a game tonight..... Like....?? It's the Home Opener!!! How is the city not buzzing?? Is it back to back GC losses, so some of the excitement has worn off??

Just really struck me as strange.... Thought everyone (restaurants and bars and breweries especially) would have gear on and really amped up for game day. Not so much. 

I've switched gears at work now and am in more of a marketing role... I would like to talk to the Powers That Be around here about how we can market these things better and all have lots of fun (and hopefully make some money while you're at it....) :)

It’s cold and crappy but I’ve seen lots of ppl with bomber stuff on today. 

Just now, Goalie said:

It’s cold and crappy but I’ve seen lots of ppl with bomber stuff on today. 

The weather doesn't help people think about football for sure. I've seen hardly any gear today. Disappointed. Well, at any rate, @Coorsman, my wife and I doing our part! 

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yeah I’m an insurance broker and I’m wearing my Streveler jersey. Obviously easy conversation peace but yeah a lot of people asking if there was a game tonight! Oh well going to be a hell of a game anyways. Princess Auto field is always buzzing. 

Keys to the game for tonight

Keep our 2 and outs down. Drive the field run the clock. 

Dominant athletic performance by new guys in the front 6 on D 

Starting with a bang. Lots of guys haven’t played this year, bunch of changes, gotta set a physical tone to the game and gel quickly. 

Players to watch, Adams, lofton, and Brady. 

Just now, BomberBall. said:

I’d like to see no coverage breakdowns….  I can’t stand to see one of Faj’s dying quails be caught.  It’s just gross.

I feel like the continuity in the secondary should help a lot.  I don’t think we should see busts. It’ll be really interesting to see how much cushion they play with under jy 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I feel like the continuity in the secondary should help a lot.  I don’t think we should see busts. It’ll be really interesting to see how much cushion they play with under jy 

Yes, that will be another thing I’ll be watching for tonight.  I hope they vary their depths and mix up their coverages frequently.