GDT Can the Bombers D shutdown the Als?

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

And the number of people who saw our jerseys and asked if there was a game tonight..... Like....?? It's the Home Opener!!! How is the city not buzzing?? Is it back to back GC losses, so some of the excitement has worn off??

I just got weird looks for saying I couldn't wait to get out to the Pas.  I then said Fort Hew? and got the same blank stares. Had to shake my head and walk away at that point.😂

Man I don't know.if it's cause it's a Thursday or what but there is absolutely no buzz around the city for the game. We started at Stella's, then OGC, then Half Pints, then Torque.... And the number of people who saw our jerseys and asked if there was a game tonight..... Like....?? It's the Home Opener!!! How is the city not buzzing?? Is it back to back GC losses, so some of the excitement has worn off??

Just really struck me as strange.... Thought everyone (restaurants and bars and breweries especially) would have gear on and really amped up for game day. Not so much. 

I've switched gears at work now and am in more of a marketing role... I would like to talk to the Powers That Be around here about how we can market these things better and all have lots of fun (and hopefully make some money while you're at it....) :)

Season starting earlier likely the biggest culprit. And no preseason games on tsn. Will take a while for people to realize that oh yeah, it's summer and cfl is back

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

but there will be 31k+ in stands today none the less...thats where it matters anyway

Is that confirmed? I checked out Ticketmaster for an idea but didn't feel like counting blue dots. I wish there were less of them to be honest.

Everything I had read from CoFaj the last couple of days makes me hate him even more. Barf.

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

Is that confirmed? I checked out Ticketmaster for an idea but didn't feel like counting blue dots. I wish there were less of them to be honest.

Everything I had read from CoFaj the last couple of days makes me hate him even more. Barf.

he truly thinks he's legit....sad.......

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Man I don't know.if it's cause it's a Thursday or what but there is absolutely no buzz around the city for the game. We started at Stella's, then OGC, then Half Pints, then Torque.... And the number of people who saw our jerseys and asked if there was a game tonight..... Like....?? It's the Home Opener!!! How is the city not buzzing?? Is it back to back GC losses, so some of the excitement has worn off??

Just really struck me as strange.... Thought everyone (restaurants and bars and breweries especially) would have gear on and really amped up for game day. Not so much. 

I've switched gears at work now and am in more of a marketing role... I would like to talk to the Powers That Be around here about how we can market these things better and all have lots of fun (and hopefully make some money while you're at it....) :)

Spring football sucks.  Should start last week of June.  Prefer fall games to spring ones.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Spring football sucks.  Should start last week of June.  Prefer fall games to spring ones.

I'm definitely in agreement but feel like an old man for saying it. Ha ha. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Absolutely agree. I preferred when the openers were on Canada Day weekend. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think that’s the majority opinion. Should still be 

It is an old man opinion, but it’s also the damn truth. 

Canada Day weekend kick off to the season and later season is awesome. That’s football season! 

31 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I personally loved the Canada Day starts because I’m a teacher and it was just the best way to start the summer. Last day of school, CFL starts, it was a good time.

My Dad is a retired teacher. Our whole deal every summer revolved around this when I was a kid. Last day of school, then July 1st BBQ and usually a Bomber game. Pure Canadiana. 

1 minute ago, greenrider55 said:

The season does feel like it’s starting too early for sure. Canada Day openers were the best.

Hate the Thursday kick off too. 

Brady is amped up lol 

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

A few minutes before kickoff and the sun comes out, let's get that fowl taste of last years Grey Cup out of the mouth tonight with a severe beatdown

A warm welcome for fajardo back to igf and several firm introductions to the new field.