GDT Can the Bombers D shutdown the Als?

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

My day in a nutshell. 

Picturing Noeller peering through the windows of a shuttered Stone Angel just made me chuckle to myself. The city and the Bombers Charlie Browned you!

Edited to add I have a morbid sense of humour. It sucks when the places you love close down.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

Picturing Noeller peering through the windows of a shuttered Stone Angel just made me laugh to myself. The city and the Bombers Charlie Browned you!

Odd that it would make you laugh.... But whatever cranks your tractor, cowboy...

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

hahah....he definately scuffling for answers but you can totally tell its an "ooops" I screwed up admittance......

Agreed, that gave some hope to hear he acknowledged a problem that many others could clearly see.... but then he also said that Collaros didn't need any preseason time.

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

Turned out Als only need 1 receiver (Philpot) to beat us.

If that what gonna be our O, D and ST, it's going to be a long season. 

I think the D will get better, and they were good enough to win the game with any kind of offence.
If they focus on running the ball until Zack possibly gets it together( debatable if that will even happen) they can still win games. 

The Bomberss looked slow toninght. they couldn't match the overall team speed of the Als. Funny how a great returner can make even an average team great. Mitchell was no threat at all. We gave up Janarion Grant for him???? I thought the Bomber DL played alright. They did pressure fajardo & sacked him 3 times. Our secondary especially the corners were impressive. Ford & Bonds acquitted themselves well. They can only get better. As far as Zach goes, this is what happens when you don't play your starting qb the entire pre season. He looked rusty & the timing was off. Our high priced receivers looked disinterested at times & just seemed to be going through the motions. 

TSN sure loved the fact the Bombers struggled. Replayed that final GC drive over & over. Even Sean Lemon which really pissed me off. They praised everyone on Montreal constantly. Karma is a ***** Stubblefield. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I think Chris Smith won the KR/PR job. Thing is he got injured. 

Augustine is a better returner than anything Mitchell showed. I hope Smith hung around though, they need an actual returner. 

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Bomberss looked slow toninght. they couldn't match the overall team speed of the Als. Funny how a great returner can make even an average team great. Mitchell was no threat at all. We gave up Janarion Grant for him???? I thought the Bomber DL played alright. They did pressure fajardo & sacked him 3 times. Our secondary especially the corners were impressive. Ford & Bonds acquitted themselves well. They can only get better. As far as Zach goes, this is what happens when you don't play your starting qb the entire pre season. He looked rusty & the timing was off. Our high priced receivers looked disinterested at times & just seemed to be going through the motions. 

TSN sure loved the fact the Bombers struggled. Replayed that final GC drive over & over. Even Sean Lemon which really pissed me off. They praised everyone on Montreal constantly. Karma is a ***** Stubblefield. 

I’ve said this before but I don’t recall seeing a network blatantly disfavour any sports team during a good run as much as TSN does the Bombers, especially since Cuthbert left.
 I’ll never forget the sadness in Rod Smith’s voice at the end of the 2021 cup. 

When Calgary was on top, they were all over them with awe and hyperbole, same with Montreal before that, and BC in the early-mod 2000s. I’m glad I’m not the only one who sees it. 

5 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I think Chris Smith won the KR/PR job. Thing is he got injured. 

It would be an anomaly for this particular preseason to have been used to evaluate a player. It seems more likely that Mitchell was determined very early to be the starter and Chris Smith and all the other were just filling up reps.

15 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I think the D will get better, and they were good enough to win the game with any kind of offence.
If they focus on running the ball until Zack possibly gets it together( debatable if that will even happen) they can still win games. 

Not until Zach gets it together. Zach has been and will be moving forward at his best when we are a run team first. Was true in 2019, 2021 and last year. This teams O struggles when they get awayt from busting heads and playing mean.

Brady was the MOP of this team and should have been in the league. Not Collaros. 

Edited by Bigblue204