GDT Can the Bombers D shutdown the Als?

I'm surprised how reasonable this forum is tonight lol. Some of the people behind me at the game were already jumping off the bridge.

God help us if we get whooped by Ottawa next week 

14 minutes ago, CodyT said:

I was at the game live and when I heard Lofton was in the starting line up I was surprised. 

I thought they opened some holes for Olivera, but he litterly tripped. More than once.

I'm no expert here but It seemed to me like Zach had time to pass. Just was holding on too long

QB play definitely did not do them any favours. 
Keeping in mind this was watching on TV.  I did see Dobson running up after the play without having blocked anyone at least 3 times. Lofton got beat bad once for sure. I thought the interior was pushed too far back in the pocket a lot in the first half, not so much in the second. I didn’t notice Bryant at all, which is a compliment. 

21 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I'm OK with letting Brown go if Streveler is the guy to take the reigns. Either way it's incumbent on the coaches to realize when Zach needs some sideline time. WHen he's in a funk he rarely pulls himself out of it anymore. 

That’s true, the 2021 Grey cup was the last time he did. I mean, he’s had a ton of great games since then obviously but I do t recall him leading a comeback since then. When he’s off he says off now. 

Thing is Streveler is such a wild card in that they only really ever let him run the gimmick offence. I think he can get it done, if you go back and watch his early starts from 2018 he was slinging it. Even the 2019 BB.
Still like Dieter Fan was saying, a Strev/Brown combo would have been huge. Would also likely have meant more money for a Jeffcoat or a good FA. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

I missed the game tonight,   looks like the starters were rusty and not ready for the real season.   I wonder if they had more time in pre season to play if they would of been more prepared.  

6 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I just don’t see how Zach is going to improve.  With his age, the trajectory is very concerning. Sorry but he’s not Calvillo or Ray. I hope I’m wrong but we’ve seen this with a ton of good-great QBs in the league over the years. 

One game.... I saw a lot of other players look lost & disinterested out there offensively. Oliveira, Demski & Schoen at times. Give these guys another week of prepping to get the bugs out. Maybe we should point fingers at the Head Coach for the way he got his team ready to play this game. 

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

One game.... I saw a lot of other players look lost & disinterested out there offensively. Oliveira, Demski & Schoen at times. Give these guys another week of prepping to get the bugs out. Maybe we should point fingers at the Head Coach for the way he got his team ready to play this game. 

Mutually true. O’Shea deserves a lot of blame for that. Little preparedness and questionable personnel choices in some areas. 

Collaros is regressing too, he hasn’t had a great or even very good game since last years banjo bowl. 

probably explains the looks he was giving after a couple of the misses....the "i hit it right and well" but it still missed....I'd be p'od too if they voted 10-1 against...and league still enforced it

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

probably explains the looks he was giving after a couple of the misses....the "i hit it right and well" but it still missed....I'd be p'od too if they voted 10-1 against...and league still enforced it

Oh big time, that’s pure incompetence on the part of the CFL. 

55 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Mutually true. O’Shea deserves a lot of blame for that. Little preparedness and questionable personnel choices in some areas. 

Collaros is regressing too, he hasn’t had a great or even very good game since last years banjo bowl. 

This doesn’t get talked about enough because it’s always lost in the overall success of the club but O’Shea hasn’t been making good coaching decisions for quite some time now.

The shine is going to start coming off this year. You can tell.

Just now, Mike said:

This doesn’t get talked about enough because it’s always lost in the overall success of the club but O’Shea hasn’t been making good coaching decisions for quite some time now.

O'Shea's also been here 11 seasons & the words & actions may be falling on deaf ears. He'd be at about the end of his shelf life as a Head Coach here, I'd think. 

Wilson and Mitchell both looked like they had no clue what was happening when they were out on O.  They’ll see that pretty quick on film against their assignments.

Potentially a significant part of the issue downfield with Collaros holding onto the ball.

Clercius looked the best of the 3.

I’ll have more thoughts later….some really bad vibes off the sideline in this one though in summary.  The kind of game that will be a turning point in either direction.  Saw a lot of individual efforts and self-aggrandizing unfortunately from a couple vets.  Guys who maybe have to fill a bit of a void of core guys who departed.  Not a good look.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Wilson and Mitchell both looked like they had no clue what was happening when they were out on O.  They’ll see that pretty quick on film against their assignments.

Potentially a significant part of the issue downfield with Collaros holding onto the ball.

Side effect of rotating through 950 players all camp before cutting literally anyone?

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

It started coming.off in the 2nd half of last year. There was a long stretch of football where we were all complaining about some of these very signs.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I talk about it....a lot....and get met with the praise of success    of 2019 and 2021....and sure some regular season wins....but when was the Cup awarded in sept...oct?....and many reg season losses occured for basically the same over-sights...poor rostering....lack of depth in key spots...relience on Canadians where not needed...refusal to use rules to better your squad, and this 100 percent transferred right into the play-offs 2 straight seasons now and cost us dearly....and there still signs of it now....Thats not a good thing at all

for a yr leading up to a possible home Grey Cup berth....there should be some major change and roster morphing going on....guys who will serve no purpose, and have no role next year, (basically have minimal to none now) and are just hanging on for here for obvious reasons should NOT even be here this yr....the fact they are is total crap. Young up and comers should be getting Lion's share of reps...along with the vet's not here out of loyalty and tnure...and certainly not origin of birth.

If you think given the choice...for 2025 Osh will bring back Thomas...Biggie..Gauthier...Kolo...default the starter role to Collaros with no actual open competition....keep rolling out a whacky punter caue that Aussie stuff tickles his fancy...not allow his staff to bring in talent, or sign free agent to fill roles he feels that he has free reign to put an inferior Canadian at for no reason other than he is Osh and can....and he wont...you are sorely mistaken.