GDT Can the Bombers D shutdown the Als?

22 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Can we roll our eyes at the als pulling out a flea flicker late in game one when they're already cruising to a victory? Were they trying to win the cup in June? 

No they were trying to leave no doubt and hit the killing blow. Isn't that something you complain Lapo wouldn't do?

That's exactly what they should have done from a trying to win perspective 

41 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Can we roll our eyes at the als pulling out a flea flicker late in game one when they're already cruising to a victory? Were they trying to win the cup in June? 

No eye rolls here. If it was the Bombers I’d be laughing and saying “well, they could have stopped it instead of crying about it”.

I’ve always felt that way about running up the score. Fair game. If the other team doesn’t like it, do something to stop it. 

35 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Look at their depth chart and Hamilton’s

Awe and Mills are listed as designated nationalized Americans. Extremely smart usage of that rule as those two are going to see much the same game time snap count they normally would but in each instance can replace a lesser talented Canadian and therefore allow a stronger situational lineup where needed.

53 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

No they were trying to leave no doubt and hit the killing blow. Isn't that something you complain Lapo wouldn't do?

That's exactly what they should have done from a trying to win perspective 

You want to come out throwing and keep pushing the ball downfield, but this is just hilariously petty on the als part. Your opponent at that point has basically given up and you gotta throw in a flea flicker. But good job als, you got a win in week one.

Lawler arm fracture they say. 6 gamed likely. 

5 hours ago, BomberBall. said:

The Als kicker hit 2 for 2, yes, but his longest was 22 yards.  Castillo made his short one too, from 17.  There would be a more noticeable impact the further back you go.

Oh I agree. That’s why I said guess wait for some other games first. 

45 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

No eye rolls here. If it was the Bombers I’d be laughing and saying “well, they could have stopped it instead of crying about it”.

I’ve always felt that way about running up the score. Fair game. If the other team doesn’t like it, do something to stop it. 

Agreed. There is no mercy rule in the pros. 

I’m starting to feel this could be the year it all goes wrong for the blue. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Honestly I kinda get it. They were putting the exclamation point on their ship and staking a claim to being the premiered team in the league. 

49 minutes ago, coach17 said:

Awe and Mills are listed as designated nationalized Americans. Extremely smart usage of that rule as those two are going to see much the same game time snap count they normally would but in each instance can replace a lesser talented Canadian and therefore allow a stronger situational lineup where needed.

amazing concept...and we refuse to use it cause..........???..??.'?????

47 minutes ago, coach17 said:

Thanks. 
 I’m not sure who we would use like that that is also eligible. It would work well with wj, but they won’t do that, outside of the fact we don’t use the rule it self they don’t want to use that on our biggest defensive star. Ba seems back and we don’t have the right guy to rotate with him. 

30 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Thanks. 
 I’m not sure who we would use like that that is also eligible. It would work well with wj, but they won’t do that, outside of the fact we don’t use the rule it self they don’t want to use that on our biggest defensive star. Ba seems back and we don’t have the right guy to rotate with him. 

Bighill if/when he returns fits the description but besides him, yeah not sure we have that many eligible guys. Maybe kyrie? Willie and BA also but points made on them by you are valid. 

Edited by Goalie

7 hours ago, Booch said:

yup...I kinda glad we lost, and things didnt get glossed over cause we "won" there no hiding from things now

I seriously doubt if he had to boom one and kick us out from shadow of the goal line he can..

Agreed. If Seahan is as good as can be found, Bombers are in trouble.

40 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Honestly I kinda get it. They were putting the exclamation point on their ship and staking a claim to being the premiered team in the league. 

The knock on the Als' Grey Cup victory was that it was a fluke and I think they wanted to make the point that they were a much better team than they were being given credit for. Given how the Bombers rolled over last night, it is still an open question.

Edited by Tracker

35 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Thanks. 

The guy can still sub for any American.  Could "start" Bridges and designate Alexander behind Ford/Hallett/Gauthier.  He can sub for any of those guys for 22 snaps in the game and sub for Bridges (or any other American) the entire game if you want.  The depth charts don't really matter just for those designated players.  Teams don't have to play the first snap with the 12 guys on O or D on that chart as a "starter."

Tim White is one for Hamilton.  Their biggest star.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The guy can still sub for any American.  Could "start" Bridges and designate Alexander behind Ford/Hallett/Gauthier.  He can sub for any of those guys for 22 snaps in the game and sub for Bridges (or any other American) the entire game if you want.  The depth charts don't really matter just for those designated players.  Teams don't have to play the first snap with the 12 guys on O or D on that chart as a "starter."

Tim White is one for Hamilton.  Their biggest star.

That makes sense. Even out side of the usual mos stuff, I don’t think he’d want one of the leaders being the designated import. 
 That’s Hamilton culture though. They do any thing for an edge roster wise. It’s multiple hurtles here. Mos won’t use a fake Canadian type rule. Mos won’t use a designation like that on a leader or star. Mos won’t “exploit” a roster rule like that. 

Personally, I’d use it on kyrie with Cole starting.  Maybe wj when garbutt is healthy. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That makes sense. Even out side of the usual mos stuff, I don’t think he’d want one of the leaders being the designated import. 
 That’s Hamilton culture though. They do any thing for an edge roster wise. It’s multiple hurtles here. Mos won’t use a fake Canadian type rule. Mos won’t use a designation like that on a leader or star. Mos won’t “exploit” a roster rule like that. 

Personally, I’d use it on kyrie with Cole starting.  Maybe wj when garbutt is healthy. 

Could easily use it on Jefferson with the American DL we have dressed.  Designate him and for 22 snaps when he's out there you can have an all-American D.

54 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Could easily use it on Jefferson with the American DL we have dressed.  Designate him and for 22 snaps when he's out there you can have an all-American D.

None of that matters when they want to play all those extra Canadians anyway. Like there is no forcing them to have as many Canadians out as they do, that's a choice they are making

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

None of that matters when they want to play all those extra Canadians anyway. Like there is no forcing them to have as many Canadians out as they do, that's a choice they are making

Yeah they'll play who they want for whatever sets.

The rule just gives them even more flexibility.  Say you have 1-2-3-4 injuries in a game.  Gives you the ability to basically put 12 on the field especially on D where they are only "starting" 1 Canadian really.

It's insane to just completely ignore it.

They could basically run the defense without even thinking about the ratio in terms of their sub packages.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Let's put it this way: if they cared at all they'd use it. Oshea has his old boys club though and never shall that be broken. 

If he doesn't lose the attachment to aging guys it'll cost him. I know they did the job for him in the past but 2019 is a long time ago now.

I understand.  It's stupid.

I wonder at what point management/team president intervenes.

I don't care if you want to put 12 Canadians on the field....this roster rule allows more flexibility and there's zero downside.  Could spend 5 minutes each week to figure out who it is.  Abdication of duty for whoever is setting the roster to not do it.  They wouldn't submit a roster short a DI.  It's basically the same thing.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yep. I’d just prefer to do it with the imp back up and Adams. Really any of the defensive applications would be beneficial. But it’s the pipe dream of pipe dreams. 

19 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I understand.  It's stupid.

I wonder at what point management/team president intervenes.

I don't care if you want to put 12 Canadians on the field....this roster rule allows more flexibility and there's zero downside.  Could spend 5 minutes each week to figure out who it is.  Abdication of duty for whoever is setting the roster to not do it.  They wouldn't submit a roster short a DI.  It's basically the same thing.

We have at times burned di spots entirely. Which isn’t any better. Guys get di’d and don’t play. 

23 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Mutually true. O’Shea deserves a lot of blame for that. Little preparedness and questionable personnel choices in some areas. 

Collaros is regressing too, he hasn’t had a great or even very good game since last years banjo bowl. 

I don't believe he's regressing. One game. talk to me after the Banjo Bowl. If he is still struggling at that time then okay, I'll buy in but not yet. The sky is not falling. 

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

If that play bothered anyone, c'mon.... That play didn't bother me. The rest of the game did though as we were so inept. 

11 hours ago, 17to85 said:

You want to come out throwing and keep pushing the ball downfield, but this is just hilariously petty on the als part. Your opponent at that point has basically given up and you gotta throw in a flea flicker. But good job als, you got a win in week one.

If  a team has given up then they deserve to be embarrassed by a flea flicker scored by perhaps the most obnoxious player on the field. No sympathy from me. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't believe he's regressing. One game. talk to me after the Banjo Bowl. If he is still struggling at that time then okay, I'll buy in but not yet. The sky is not falling. 

If that play bothered anyone, c'mon.... That play didn't bother me. The rest of the game did though as we were so inept. 

When was his last really good game? Last years Banjo Bowl? 
Do I think he’s going to play like that every week? No.
Are his bad habits as a passer becoming more prevalent? Absolutely. 
The pattern of regression is there going back to last year. Poor on the road mostly, average at best in the playoffs. Staring down receivers. Throwing dumb picks. Fumbling. Not progressing through his reads. Playing huck it chuck it football and having to get bailed out by receivers all the time. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny