3 turds plus crappy honker preseason game 3

22 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

1 Zach. He was the zach of old. Not the mop, the guy who lost 12 games in a row in Hamilton

I fear this regression is what we're going to be stuck with -- that we caught lightning in a bottle for a few seasons but that wore off. He's no threat with his legs, doesn't have a quick release, and now his accuracy is shot. Something needs to improve or we're hooped. 

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Seriously worried that we kept the wrong QB. I'm debating whether this is the worst game I've seen in this stadium. It's this or vs Argos Frito Ray 2014 for worst game I've personally seen at Fort Hew.

Yeah me too. I think Brown is / is going to be the real deal. 

1. Collaros. They messed up and it could cost us the whole run. Should have kept the guy they developed. That’s why you develop them ffs. 
2. Mitchell- In the vein of the great Kelvin McKnight, earned a job by doing absolutely nothing. 
3. Osh- Team was 100% unprepared. Worst season opener of his coaching career by far. 

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Seriously worried that we kept the wrong QB. I'm debating whether this is the worst game I've seen in this stadium. It's this or vs Argos Frito Ray 2014 for worst game I've personally seen at Fort Hew.

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve seen at least 5 games off the top of my head that were much worse. The 2009 banjo bowl for one. 

9 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

1. Collaros. They messed up and it could cost us the whole run. Should have kept the guy they developed. That’s why you develop them ffs. 
2. Mitchell- In the vein of the great Kelvin McKnight, earned a job by doing absolutely nothing. 
3. Osh- Team was 100% unprepared. Worst season opener of his coaching career by far. 

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve seen at least 5 games off the top of my head that were much worse. The 2009 banjo bowl for one. 

At THIS STADIUM bro...

I will say.... Sometimes you have to eat a **** sandwich to appreciate the little things in life. I haven't seen a loss at Fort Hew in a LOOOOOOONG time. I was due.... I've seen the past two Banjo Bowls and Home Openers and Playoff games. I was due for a **** sandwich. **** me right?

Edited by Noeller

Just now, Noeller said:

I will say.... Sometimes you have to eat a **** sandwich to appreciate the little things in life. I haven't seen a loss at Fort Hew in a LOOOOOOONG time. I was due.... I've seen the past two Banjo Bowls and Home Openers and Playoff games. I was due for a **** sandwich. **** me right?

As if seeing Faj beat us in the big game wasn't a **** sandwich for the ages!

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

No, you weren’t due, you’ve had enough. We’re still relatively wayyyy behind in the **** sandwich/steak dinner scale as Bomber fans. 

1. O - Zach, Brady and Nick - all are not ready

2. D - Ford needs a lot of learning fast, other teams will be looking to attack him. 

3. ST - Sergio seems he doesn't care of the misses. 

Hubris is exactly the word for that one.  Years of "player x doesnt need to practice" "player y is a pro, he doesnt need reps in the pre-season"  "we dont need to use that rule, and we can start 8-9-10 canadians because we're so great" has finally come home to roost...hard.  

I hope this isn't the beginning of the end, but its starting to look like "just one more year" of running it back without any competition or contingency for the aging out of veterans has finally come back to bite us.  It could be a long season - I hope I'm wrong, but I'm worried.

6 hours ago, Jets said:

Hubris is exactly the word for that one.  Years of "player x doesnt need to practice" "player y is a pro, he doesnt need reps in the pre-season"  "we dont need to use that rule, and we can start 8-9-10 canadians because we're so great" has finally come home to roost...hard.  

I hope this isn't the beginning of the end, but its starting to look like "just one more year" of running it back without any competition or contingency for the aging out of veterans has finally come back to bite us.  It could be a long season - I hope I'm wrong, but I'm worried.

Roster management is terrible. Starting ten Canadians was ludicrous. Is there some kind of participation award for being big heroes??? Oh yeah, we get a supplementary draft pick. Big deal. 

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Roster management is terrible. Starting ten Canadians was ludicrous. Is there some kind of participation award for being big heroes??? Oh yeah, we get a supplementary draft pick. Big deal. 

Agreed. Atrocious and completely unnecessary. If I were Walters, I’d be livid. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

19 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

To be fair we didn’t really start ten. The lineup said we were going to, but we didn’t.

Jake Thomas played far too much though

19 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

it's just a certain coaches soapbox to show his thoughts in regards to certain things...hopefully it will morph back somewhat...thefact he actually took ownership and admitted how he went about things was probably not the best idea....maybe thats a start

4 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Agreed. Atrocious and completely unnecessary. If I were Walters, I’d be livid. 

agreed...time to be the actual "Boss" of Osh...as thats what he is...I know that Wade will have no problems saying something...I also not unsure he may already may have...from the public admittal of I was wrong

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

it's just a certain coaches soapbox to show his thoughts in regards to certain things...hopefully it will morph back somewhat...thefact he actually took ownership and admitted how he went about things was probably not the best idea....maybe thats a start

agreed...time to be the actual "Boss" of Osh...as thats what he is...I know that Wade will have no problems saying something...I also not unsure he may already may have...from the public admittal of I was wrong

Hope so. If he figures it out we can still have an elite team. It’s gonna take making a few of his favourites sit down though, we’ll see. 

It will be easy to tell, by 2 factors

1- moving forward, not using Canadian backups as starters tor no good reason. 
2- We see them give Streveler a shot at running the full offence if Collaros pukes all over himself again. 

The only thing I’d really question Walters on (besides not keeping Brown, but that’s super debatable still) is how they’ve significantly buggered up the ST this year with no returner and clinging to this global punter idea.