Kenny Lawler.

11 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Honestly better than something with a joint or collarbone.

He'll be back by Labour Day.

Yeah. collarbone or wrist would have been much worse. 

With 2 higher paid guys on the 6-game now, plus Lawson, what are the chances they bring some experienced FA’s in? 

Worthy would be a worthy addition, and I wouldn’t say no to Mario Alford either.

What’s Juwan Brescasin up to? 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I sometimes wish Lawler would come into a season and say his goal is to win the Grey Cup instead of getting 2000 yards or being the best of all time.

I sometimes wish they’d used that money elsewhere quite honestly. Hindsight being 20/20, I was thrilled when they brought him back.
 Between the suspension and now on the 6-game he hasn’t really been worth it. 

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

The only reason that they wouldn't be signing Worthy right now is if Chris Smith is close to coming back

I’d hope so. They did release him outright, is there any confirmation or even indication he hung around? 

3 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Will open some salary. I'd be signing Worthy to do our returning. I don't know who we'd want to bring in as an actual receiver that would be worth it.

I think it would pay future dividends to stick with the current crop of receivers in house, use the first half of the season to identify the best and get him up to speed by the time Lawler returns.

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’d hope so. They did release him outright, is there any confirmation or even indication he hung around? 

Heard he did somewhere, not convinced he'd ever been in the same league as a returner like Worthy, the really good ones don't grow on trees.

If they have a chance, they need to sign Worthy/Alford regardless of Chris Smith, they could always sign and PR him when healthy. They need a real returner for next game. 

19 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Shades of Nick Moore's stint in Wpg., expensive receivers rarely pay off.

I’ve said this before but Nick Moore was a great signing. Even though he didn’t do all that much, it was the big FA signing Walters needed at the time to show that the club wasn’t cheaping out anymore. First top-level FA to be willing to come here since god knows when before that. Christ, maybe Dunnigan. 
It opened the floodgates for ‘16 when they brought in Harris, Dressler ect. That all had to start somewhere. 

On 2024-06-07 at 6:55 PM, Goalie said:

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/winnipeg-blue-bombers-wr-kenny-lawler-has-fractured-arm-trip-to-six-game-injured-list-likely-1.2131832

Bad news 

so who do we bring in. Or is it Johnson or Mitchell and Wilson. Does Lord Keric of Wheatfall get a shot. 

At this point I don’t think it matters actually. Zach looks at his first read which will always Schoen/Demski (or Lawler before the injury), if they’re not open he just pumps and pumps until one of the 3 breaks their route off back towards the ball, or he has to eat it. 

I was excited when they brought in Pokey Wilson, super athletic guy from a big school. Then I realized he’s going to get bargain basement looks and concepts. Best he can probably hope for is a short crosser or maybe a jet sweep if he’s lucky. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

29 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

At this point I don’t think it matters actually. Zach looks at his first read which will always Schoen/Demski (or Lawler before the injury), if they’re not open he just pumps and pumps until one of the 3 breaks their route off back towards the ball, or he has to eat it. 

I was excited when they brought in Pookie Wilson, super athletic guy from a big school. Then I realized he’s going to get bargain basement looks and concepts. Best he can probably hope for is a short crosser or maybe a jet sweep if he’s lucky. 

The one thing when brown played last year instead of Zach was it was noticeable he was using everyone. Zach does tend to key into certain guys.