WEEK TWO GAMEDAY THREAD - BOMBERS @ REDBLACKS

7 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’d rather see an American at dime and I’m not sure that Kramdi would be an every down safety. You’d know better than me though. 

The OL may get him hurt before he needs a leash

Kramdi would not get reps he does anywhere else in league...and shouldn't here either...but his papi coaches here...sooo......

Edited by Booch

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’d rather see an American at dime and I’m not sure that Kramdi would be an every down safety. You’d know better than me though. 

Not really sure who we have here that could be a capable every down Dime.  Cole can be spectacular physically but lots of struggles in coverage.  That spot is really a cover spot for the most part.  Cole is a terror as a rusher and they use him that way a lot behind 30 fronts.

Alexander was ok there in his prime, but he's a below average player now and seems to be kind of shying away from contact with some weak efforts.

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

How much more leash should Zach get? 

All the leash in the world. Who are you going to replace him with? You expect Streveler to be more effective as a passer the way the interior line is getting caved in? Good luck. Worst thing this team did was letting Dru Brown out the door.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Wade stepped in mid game is what I heard

Don’t buy it. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Kramdi would not get reps he does anywhere else in league...and shouldn't here either...but is papi coaches here...sooo......

how many guys are in the same boat on our ar? 6/7? 

1 minute ago, Mr. Perfect said:

All the leash in the world. Who are you going to replace him with? You expect Streveler to be more effective as a passer the way the interior line is getting caved in? Good luck. Worst thing this team did was letting Dru Brown out the door.

Yeah there's no real other option.  I don't see Streveler being more than a 8-9 win type QB.  Great role player.

1 minute ago, Mr. Perfect said:

He was more effective as a passer on a worse team as a rookie so yeah. 

We should’ve kept brown traded Zach and brought in Strevy to be the back up still. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

We are in a sucky spot, but he isn’t a game manager and isn’t really a mop. He can’t carry us. 

I agree but neither can Strevy

2 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Who could we reasonably replace him with that would make a difference? 

Streveler...who gets to actually play qb...and use his legs "when" plays break down....and on some designed runs...and option looks

If ZC doesn't have his primary read there...or time to process and check through his routes...he's hooped...only QB in league who can't run or scramble for yards and first downs...Strev can...I question ZC arm now too...tosses way too many short deep balls...and sinkers into the dirt in the short intermediate zone

OK, where are the liabilities? Other than the raw rooks ,the vets who are non-performers include Collaros, Fatboi, Kolo, Neuf, BA, Bighill, Willy J. There's a lot of salary stacked up in that group. That's why they are on the field. Even if they shouldn't be. If I recall, MOS played at couple years longer than he should have. So, there's a precedent.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Not really sure who we have here that could be a capable every down Dime.  Cole can be spectacular physically but lots of struggles in coverage.  That spot is really a cover spot for the most part.  Cole is a terror as a rusher and they use him that way a lot behind 30 fronts.

Alexander was ok there in his prime, but he's a below average player now and seems to be kind of shying away from contact with some weak efforts.

Kramdi sucks in coverage...and tackling a moving target

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I agree but neither can Strevy

Strevy has a chance to carry us, and can 100% manage. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Streveler...who gets to actually play qb...and use his legs "when" plays break down....and on some designed runs...and option looks

If ZC doesn't have his primary read there...or time to process and check through his routes...he's hooped...only QB in league who can't run or scramble for yards and first downs...Strev can...I question ZC arm now too...tosses way too many short deep balls...and sinkers into the dirt in the short intermediate zone

I suspect that collaros hand has never recovered from injuries the last two years. 

1 minute ago, Doublezero said:

OK, where are the liabilities? Other than the raw rooks ,the vets who are non-performers include Collaros, Fatboi, Kolo, Neuf, BA, Bighill, Willy J. There's a lot of salary stacked up in that group. That's why they are on the field. Even if they shouldn't be. If I recall, MOS played at couple years longer than he should have. So, there's a precedent.

I’m not super worried about Zach or Willie (yet)

the rest are guys that we need to move on from to really gauge how good Zach/Willie still are

2 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Considering WJ hasn't sat down all game he has played fine...I not worried there

Given how Collaros finished last year, is anyone surprised at this?  

There was a large group of us who thought we should have went with the big move and kept the younger, cheaper, and better Brown as the starter. 

Sadly, Strev isn’t a full time starting QB. We just have to hope Collaros can play better and has one last hurrah in him.