WEEK TWO GAMEDAY THREAD - BOMBERS @ REDBLACKS

Just now, bigg jay said:

If the next couple games go this way, how much leash does MOS get?

Also a very good question. I have no idea. Really wish I did. Can’t imagine the upper mafia will be happy to be bad. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

All the leash in the world. Who are you going to replace him with? You expect Streveler to be more effective as a passer the way the interior line is getting caved in? Good luck. Worst thing this team did was letting Dru Brown out the door.

We are complaining about Zach not getting enough time but Brown would be in the same situation. I guess you could say for the price of 1 Zach you could have Brown and have kept Hardrick but most people here were 100% in on Hardrick was on the decline.

At least with Zach out there you can say he should have the experience to deal with this kind of line play.

Just now, Blueandgold said:

Given how Collaros finished last year, is anyone surprised at this?  

There was a large group of us who thought we should have went with the big move and kept the younger, cheaper, and better Brown as the starter. 

Sadly, Strev isn’t a full time starting QB. We just have to hope Collaros can play better and has one last hurrah in him.

Nope. He blanked out over a handful of games last year. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Strevy has a chance to carry us, and can 100% manage. 

I suspect that collaros hand has never recovered from injuries the last two years. 

I think Collaros style being successful is really reliant on excellent OL.

He struggles to adjust and work to move it out fast, check it down, throw hot.

1 minute ago, brett_c_b said:

Fire him, hire booch. If the season is going down anyway I want maximum entertainment

U think it's funny...but I could get 12 wins here...I also know lots of the guys...and some currently not playing...and they know what a psycho I am/was and played...and would mirror that and he'll yeah we'd be entertaining...ruthless and winning

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

If the next couple games go this way, how much leash does MOS get?

The injuries are a factor. But MOS stubborness and arrogance also at play. Resting on their laurels, & also thinking they can actually be a team when there's no competition for some jobs on the club. Some guys will be cursing under their breath. The FIFO era is over. Some folks need to be ashamed of themselves.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think Collaros style being successful is really reliant on excellent OL.

He struggles to adjust and work to move it out fast, check it down, throw hot.

He didn’t in 19/21 even when pressured he had some amazing scrambles. But you’re right he’s never managed well when hes getting pressured consistently. 

What I’m seeing from him doesn’t look like it’s all pressure. His decision making is terrible and even with time and the read he isn’t tossing a nice catchable ball or hitting spots. 

1 minute ago, ShyGuy said:

We are complaining about Zach not getting enough time but Brown would be in the same situation. I guess you could say for the price of 1 Zach you could have Brown and have kept Hardrick but most people here were 100% in on Hardrick was on the decline.

At least with Zach out there you can say he should have the experience to deal with this kind of line play.

Yep Brown would be in the same situation - however has the mobility to get out of those situations or could be more effective if the team were to utilize a moving pocket to reduce the effectiveness of a pass rush.

I won't chirp Zach (even if the line wasn't an issue) - Two Grey Cups after the drought we had, but given his age and Brown's age, plus the promise Brown showed at various points, Brown should have been kept, even if it meant letting Zach go in the off-season.

Just now, wbbfan said:

Buck is still a young oc. I’d hire an experienced offensive guy to be the quality control on offence and to mentor buck in play call and adjustments. 

As the feast or famine nature of the passing game emerged, I wonder if Buck and Zach kind of enabled each others bad habits by just focusing on the plays they like.  I.e. near total lack of any kind of short screens…. Then I remember Dru Brown’s game last year where he used all the weapons to dominate Edmonton.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Gary Crowton or Manny Matsakis?

They have a couple months before high school starts again.

Haha! I’d have to really think about it and look at who’s available. Crowton is a guy who’d be decent to pair with a young oc down south. 

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You can see lapos influence in all the worst ways

100% 

1 minute ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Yep Brown would be in the same situation - however has the mobility to get out of those situations or could be more effective if the team were to utilize a moving pocket to reduce the effectiveness of a pass rush.

I won't chirp Zach (even if the line wasn't an issue) - Two Grey Cups after the drought we had, but given his age and Brown's age, plus the promise Brown showed at various points, Brown should have been kept, even if it meant letting Zach go in the off-season.

Brown may not be in the same situation though. The difference in salary could have some more talent brought in.