WEEK TWO GAMEDAY THREAD - BOMBERS @ REDBLACKS

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

A big part of that predictability is Collaros though.

Collaros executes what he's told to. When was the last run play called? When was the last play where pre snap we had a wr motion to the other side? Which doesn't even necessarily matter. But this defence knows the call is going to be drop back and pass. 

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

MOS likely gets the year, Would be shocked to see him fired mid year.

I wouldn't.  I don't think Wade would be satisfied with a 1-8 record or something like that going into our first bye week. 

We have some tough games coming up and unless changes are made (player-wise) things don't look too hopeful.

1 minute ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

As the feast or famine nature of the passing game emerged, I wonder if Buck and Zach kind of enabled each others bad habits by just focusing on the plays they like.  I.e. near total lack of any kind of short screens…. Then I remember Dru Brown’s game last year where he used all the weapons to dominate Edmonton.

That’s a great point I think you’re onto it. Just like nichols and plop but the exact opposite lol. 

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Collaros executes what he's told to. When was the last run play called? When was the last play where pre snap we had a wr motion to the other side? Which doesn't even necessarily matter. But this defence knows the call is going to be drop back and pass. 

Nah, he doesn’t progress worth a damn. We motion wrs a lot prep. 

15 minutes they are gonna try 

I don't know what we're concocting in the rain delay but it better be a td to win this thing....How we can look so bad on the o line, which was one of our solid units, is bewildering....Zack hasn't been on his game for a lot of the time but he's getting no protection on a lot of the RB pressures.....Wheatfall has delivered ...too bad we didn't have more from the D.....which has looked very porus....Hopefully we can pull this one out

22 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Who could we reasonably replace him with that would make a difference? 

Strev?  

13 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Given how Collaros finished last year, is anyone surprised at this?  

There was a large group of us who thought we should have went with the big move and kept the younger, cheaper, and better Brown as the starter. 

Sadly, Strev isn’t a full time starting QB. We just have to hope Collaros can play better and has one last hurrah in him.

I’d argue he’s never been given the chance 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

U think it's funny...but I could get 12 wins here...I also know lots of the guys...and some currently not playing...and they know what a psycho I am/was and played...and would mirror that and he'll yeah we'd be entertaining...ruthless and winning

Hire me as your roster management consultant 

6 minutes ago, ShyGuy said:

We are complaining about Zach not getting enough time but Brown would be in the same situation. I guess you could say for the price of 1 Zach you could have Brown and have kept Hardrick but most people here were 100% in on Hardrick was on the decline.

At least with Zach out there you can say he should have the experience to deal with this kind of line play.

I don't think Hardrick solves our issue personally unless he's moving inside and even then based on what we saw last season, and last week for Sask...not sure.

1 minute ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

He’s really not a cerebral QB is he? 

Concussions = slower processing = anxious self-preservation = happy feet = bad throws = liability. 

It was so obvious last season that Brown was the better QB, Quicker release. Velocity throws on target. Plus experience/understanding the system.

Major fail by coaching/management letting Brown get away.

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That’s a great point I think you’re onto it. Just like nichols and plop but the exact opposite lol. 

Nah, he doesn’t progress worth a damn. We motion wrs a lot prep. 

15 minutes they are gonna try 

You can't progress with dl in your lap. It's a snowball effect.

We have done the least amount of motion this game that I have seen in a long time. It's perplexing 

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Buck is still a young oc. I’d hire an experienced offensive guy to be the quality control on offence and to mentor buck in play call and adjustments. 

Khari?

5 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

As the feast or famine nature of the passing game emerged, I wonder if Buck and Zach kind of enabled each others bad habits by just focusing on the plays they like.  I.e. near total lack of any kind of short screens…. Then I remember Dru Brown’s game last year where he used all the weapons to dominate Edmonton.

Remember road losses in our nearly undefeated years in Toronto and Hamilton?

Same issue.  The blitzed and got pressure....not popping down to anything hot.  A lot of it is the QB.  He's always looking for that downfield shot and being lazy pre-snap with his reads.  Wants that shot.  Not taking they 5-6-7 yard play and living for the next one.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

All the leash in the world. Who are you going to replace him with? You expect Streveler to be more effective as a passer the way the interior line is getting caved in? Good luck. Worst thing this team did was letting Dru Brown out the door.

I dont see any QB doing much better behind this Oline...

5 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I few like the issue is the interior over the RT spot. Loftons not great, but it doesn’t matter when the middle just looks like there’s nobody there at all. 

Neufeld was saddled with a sub-par center and a right tackle who may be good enough but has yet to prove he is both good enough and a good fit.

Edited by Tracker

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You can't progress with dl in your lap. It's a snowball effect.

We have done the least amount of motion this game that I have seen in a long time. It's perplexing 

You can. You drop deeper move your feet and the progression starts with the post snap read. If you have time to force deep shots like he has you have time to progress a read 

2 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I dont see any QB doing much better behind this Oline...

we’ve seen guys play better behind worse over the last few years in this league.