WEEK TWO GAMEDAY THREAD - BOMBERS @ REDBLACKS

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Should’ve never had to get there

If we had a running back we could count on to grind out tough yards and we’d prepared to use Streveler the way you need to use him, 1st and 7 with a minute left should be automatic 

I kinda agree about Johnny. But if he's playing you gotta give him the opportunity. He drove it in earlier. 1st down he gets you 3 or 4.....Streveler time.

As much as I've been harping on buck to run it. The TD was there. Twice....fade was an overthrow....the out was a second too late...for no reason. He was looking there the entire time, the out was there before scheon made his break....

Just now, Booch said:

Ya but we won most games last few years...been to 4 straight cups tho we pisssed them away foolishly....and lost 2 straight since...for much the same reasons...why piss all over the HC...I see no reason

Yeah pretty sure it’s the leagues fault. They must not have gotten the infallible memo. 

I think most of the new guys are struggling more than most of the old guys. Ya Thomas shouldn't get as many snaps, BA is definitely slow, etc but most of the new guys just flat out suck. Kick returner and receiver already are sore spots. 

Majority of the guys who won jobs out of our camp look like complete ****.  

Bonds is kinda meh.  Couple massive breakdowns, teams attacking him with waggle and doesn't know what to do.  Hopefully improves.

Receivers/returners are trash.  Wheatfall looks good.

Overall team doesn't look ready to play, young and old.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I kinda agree about Johnny. But if he's playing you gotta give him the opportunity. He drove it in earlier. 1st down he gets you 3 or 4.....Streveler time.

As much as I've been harping on buck to run it. The TD was there. Twice....fade was an overthrow....the out was a second too late...for no reason. He was looking there the entire time, the out was there before scheon made his break....

Should have a package with Streveler and running backs out of pistol, option/RPO stuff.  We only ran him under centre with the backs blocking on the edge in no position to get the ball.  No drop backs for him.  Not a weapon being used like this.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I agree about Johnny - I thought he ran well tonight. It was more a point of .. if it’s first and 7 and you don’t trust your running back, why do you trust him enough to start him the rest of the game.

That’s where they make their money. Those exact situations. We don’t trust ours there but he’s good enough.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Should have a package with Streveler and running backs out of pistol, option/RPO stuff.  We only ran him under centre with the backs blocking on the edge in no position to get the ball.  No drop backs for him.  Not a weapon being used like this.

100%

I was so excited for this offense. And it's been absolute dogshit. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

I think most of the new guys are struggling more than most of the old guys. Ya Thomas shouldn't get as many snaps, BA is definitely slow, etc but most of the new guys just flat out suck. Kick returner and receiver already are sore spots. 

the offensive guys for most part...the defensive front is solid....when we have the proper guys in.....Bonds is good...Losing Nichols and having two raw rooks didnt help there tonight tho

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I agree about Johnny - I thought he ran well tonight. It was more a point of .. if it’s first and 7 and you don’t trust your running back, why do you trust him enough to start him the rest of the game.

That’s where they make their money. Those exact situations. We don’t trust ours there but he’s good enough.

100% why is he even on the team at this point?

Also what happened to bully ball?

Edited by Bigblue204

There are currently many things wrong with the Bombers, I'll just pick one. The O-line, especially the centre (#67) has to be better. It can start with relieving the C of his duties. He was absolutely atrocious out there. On the 3rd and goal from Ottawa's 7, he didn't even attempt to tie up his man. The guy had a free shot at Collaros with the resulting sack and 67 helping up Collaros. That would be a start. A frustrating game to watch.

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

100% why is he even on the team at this point?

For the same reason I’ve been singing his praises for a few years

He’s a great leader, he’s a solid contributor on special teams, he’s a capable home run hitter in a limited offensive role

None of those things make him an RB1

1 minute ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

There are currently many things wrong with the Bombers, I'll just pick one. The O-line, especially the centre (#67) has to be better. It can start with relieving the C of his duties. He was absolutely atrocious out there. On the 3rd and goal from Ottawa's 7, he didn't even attempt to tie up his man. The guy had a free shot at Collaros with the resulting sack and 67 helping up Collaros. That would be a start. A frustrating game to watch.

Fortunately that can easily be done.  Whether or not it happens, is a different story.

Just now, Slimy Sculpin said:

they def need to shake it up...throwing Dobson..ELI ...Wallace and shift Heuf out to tackle would serve us betterright now.....even Neuf  and Lofton as is with a new center would do wonders....will we see it tho?

If we had a 7...8 man roation up front tho....we prob would have slowed their run game down...gave Dru all kinds of issues and won....We basically gave another game away....I sure they know Mitchell is not  returner...yet we still trot him out....when ZC is struggling...refuse to sit him for even just a series.....our coaching needs to be better....

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Well it likely won't be until they are injured or after this season.

The time to make the big moves was January.

Maybe we'll see some season ending thorax injuries pop up.