WEEK TWO GAMEDAY THREAD - BOMBERS @ REDBLACKS

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I have no idea how they'd evaluate returners in practice.  They can't really run special teams plays anywhere close to 100% in practice.

That's one spot as a coach you have to evaluate in live reps because a guy could look just great snapping down a punt with no pressure and jogging off while being useless in a real game.  Basically what we're seeing in real time with Mitchell.

Where is LaDarus Vann when you need him?

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

did he shoot your dog?...And u come at me for saying player X is not up to snuff....There no real issue with Nuef...if anything he trying to do/worry about too much playing between 2 slugs...

Agreed. He's stuck between two guys that are causing a lot of issues. 

I have no idea how they'd evaluate returners in practice.  They can't really run special teams plays anywhere close to 100% in practice.

That's one spot as a coach you have to evaluate in live reps because a guy could look just great snapping down a punt with no pressure and jogging off while being useless in a real game.  Basically what we're seeing in real time with Mitchell.

Ok, we've seen it....and can move on....

yhou cant really in practice

15 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

We've also been hurt by injuries early on

member when it was next man up and injuries weren't an excuse because we had the depth? Yeah that was great. shame we are forgoing having depth this year because the old farts need their jobs regardless. 

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Which makes letting a known super star returner walk even more frustrating. I wasn't even against it...but it was 100% a mistake

I don't disagree that it was time to move on from Grant.  He's just busted up, also lacking that burst consistently since he came back from the last round of injuries in 2023.

But surely to hell we can find someone (or multiple) useful guys.  Pretty sure Montreal and Calgary have run through about 5 each the last 3 or so years.

on a positive note with the loss....a crappy undeserved win would have glossed this over and 100 percent would have been reason enough to change absolutely nothing....so there is a silver lining there

Just now, BBlink said:

Chandler Worthy... Shawn Oakman... Come on down 

Mason Bennett...Jonathon Kongbo....Tre Thomas even....

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I guess my point is I’m kind of tired of getting **** on for actually wanting to talk reality 

I understand- must be maddening at times. 

I appreciate that you shared this.  (Sincerely- not in a condescending manner, just to be clear).

2 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Chandler Worthy... Shawn Oakman... Come on down 

I would not hate this. 

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Mitchell doesn’t look natural back there. Looks uncomfortable getting under a ball that isn’t kicked right to him, doesn’t have great vision, and doesn’t seem to have the speed to make much happen.

50 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Zack’s mobility looks like late stages nichols. 

Very disheartening. Really doesn’t have the escapability anymore. Also happy feet. No need to panic and tuck the ball. What… are u protecting it on 3rd down with game on line? You’re gonna “take the sack” there? WTF

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

on a positive note with the loss....a crappy undeserved win would have glossed this over and 100 percent would have been reason enough to change absolutely nothing....so there is a silver lining there

Mason Bennett...Jonathon Kongbo....Tre Thomas even....

I know you love him, but Kongbo has made less impact as a CFL player than one of your whipping boys Kramdi. 

I'd take him on the roster, as a rotational piece he adds value but he's not going to fix all the problems. I'd start by apologizing to some of the DL/LBs from preseason and seeing if they'll come back and make merit based decisions on play time rather than who's been around a long time

Just now, sweep the leg said:

Mitchell doesn’t look natural back there. Looks uncomfortable getting under a ball that isn’t kicked right to him, doesn’t have great vision, and doesn’t seem to have the speed to make much happen.

He returned some kickoffs in college but don't see him having any punt returns there or in spring leagues.

It's kind of it's own thing.  Guys are returners or they aren't.  He ain't clearly.

Just now, sweep the leg said:

he's also a giant *****. runs hard until he sees someone coming than slows down and turtles. 

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I don't disagree that it was time to move on from Grant.  He's just busted up, also lacking that burst consistently since he came back from the last round of injuries in 2023.

But surely to hell we can find someone (or multiple) useful guys.  Pretty sure Montreal and Calgary have run through about 5 each the last 3 or so years.

They couldn't find someone when Grant was injured last year, and still can't find somebody. No way Mitchell should be out there next week.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

You can extrapolate that across the last two years. MOS has shown he is a don't **** with it if its successful. And to be fair- the last 4 (five) years have been successful. So I hope he starts making some of the necessary changes to right the ship. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

I know you love him, but Kongbo has made less impact as a CFL player than one of your whipping boys Kramdi. 

I'd take him on the roster, as a rotational piece he adds value but he's not going to fix all the problems. I'd start by apologizing to some of the DL/LBs from preseason and seeing if they'll come back and make merit based decisions on play time rather than who's been around a long time

he made several impactful plays...big one in playoffs too....he also is yes...for rotation...Canadian depth on teams...and also allows us to work different fronts....and he's yhoung and in shape

Only impactfull play that Kramdi has really made was his whiff on Rhymes allowing the clock to run down and have Parker come out of nowhere and make the tackle

1 minute ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

You can extrapolate that across the last two years. MOS has shown he is a don't **** with it if its successful. And to be fair- the last 4 (five) years have been successful. So I hope he starts making some of the necessary changes to right the ship. 

last 2 yrs have not been sucessfull...the 2 before that yup....no player I ever played with would see not getting a ring be any kind of success...not buying that

I am telling you, the offseason was prime time to sell high on Collaros and run with Brown/Streveller. Send Collaros to Ottawa for something useful and move on. Collaros made hay when he was able to play houdini in the backfield but he can't do that anymore and he struggles mightily unless you have an impenetrable OL. 

Just now, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

sure players and the rings, fine- but by almost every other metric, the last four years have been VERY successful. 

They have, but cracks started to show last season big time and in this business if you're standing still you're getting worse... We're still relying on the core from 2019 and it's 5 years later.