WEEK TWO GAMEDAY THREAD - BOMBERS @ REDBLACKS

5 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

As much as I hate Osh’s pressers, what else is he gonna say there? “He was ****”

That being said “Best chance to win” talk always makes me want to puke 

YEAH...he needs topoint out things....He missed some tjhrows he had to have....Those drops were inexusable and killed drives......The slow reaction and in ability to pursue needs to improve....That was a the wrong read/decision...when you stop making guys accountable....you lose your edge as the coach....it's almost now to the point that some guys are so somfy and secure...they not putting it all out there cause Daddy will pat them on the head and send em right back out there

These guys are pro's and with that comes the critisism...the the paint peelied off the wall....this coddling and avoidance of things and lack of accountabilty (On the HC) is sickening....

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

YEAH...he needs topoint out things....He missed some tjhrows he had to have....Those drops were inexusable and killed drives......The slow reaction and in ability to pursue needs to improve....That was a the wrong read/decision...when you stop making guys accountable....you lose your edge as the coach....it's almost now to the point that some guys are so somfy and secure...they not putting it all out there cause Daddy will pat them on the head and send em right back out there

These guys are pro's and with that comes the critisism...the the paint peelied off the wall....this coddling and avoidance of things and lack of accountabilty (On the HC) is sickening....

Oh for sure, it’s pro sports. There’s gotta be some form of pressure. 

The guys that used to “lead the room” are the ones who aren’t showing any accountability on the field and the coach doesn’t want to make room for younger leaders. Bad recipe. 

I’ll change the Ritchie quote here. Every starter over 33 years old is worth one lost game. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I don’t think any of us can pretend that. 

The coaching staff on the other hand…

@Brandonsays hello. 

24 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Another thing that got buggered up in TC. Rosery would have been a nice addition to the O last night. 

Without any push upfront,would it matter if we had prime Harris or Barry sanders? Prob not. 

Neufeld is cooked on the oline and honestly kolo was never this bad last year so neufeld dragging down the line cuz other guys prob trying to do to much. When you barely get a yard with Streveler, you know you got a huge problem. Part of that is buck but if 1 of your oline is being owned every play like neufeld was. That’s the result. It’s a 5 man unit. 1 dude fucks it up. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Booch said:

It could be related to many of these players getting "participation" trophies growing up.  Us old timers got nothing if you came in 4th or later.

1 minute ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

It could be related to many of these players getting "participation" trophies growing up.  Us old timers got nothing if you came in 4th or later.

So then why did you start handing out participation trophies? Kids weren't giving them to themselves ya know, it was the parents' idea! Lousy boomers!

4 minutes ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

These guys are all pro athletes. Some are just long in the tooth now and a few just aren’t good enough.  Our vets are a Step or 2 behind and neufeld was even running away from his guy at times last night. 

every other coach not only benches neufeld but prob releases him. Same with BA.  

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I was at baseball last night. That did not end well.

So, at least I have my Blue Bombers, who surely turned it around this week and lay a whooping on the lowly RedBlacks, right? Riiiight? 

You are fired from every thing that prevents you from making the GDT. The other guys experiment is over. It’s your job now. lol 

4 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

“I’m a little Kolo, short and stout. I’ve reached the ceiling, please take me out. When I get a bull rush, hear me shout. Tip me over, it’s 2 and out” 

Me- July 20, 2023. 

Almost a year later and Eli is STILL sitting 

What a joke. 

Post of the season candidate here lol 

55 minutes ago, Booch said:

I get he can’t and won’t throw any one under the bus. What Id want to hear is some thing like, “Ive failed to get us to where we need to be at this point. And what ever it takes, that changes right now.” And mean it. No more roster Tom foolery no more up jumper TCF guys starting. Treat the hc job like it’s a competitive demanding job with important tasks. Not a social club. 
 mos loves cfl football. Every thing about it. Problem is he likes winning just fine and doesn’t love losing. You gotta hate losing to keep a thing like this going. 

Don Mathew’s would’ve cut a vet or two already. Coach cal would make them go back to 2 day full padded full contact practices and maybe cancel the buy week leave. Buono would tear the paint off the walls. Ritchie too. Even dickenson has the hatred of losing. Maas too. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I get he can’t and won’t throw any one under the bus. What Id want to hear is some thing like, “Ive failed to get us to where we need to be at this point. And what ever it takes, that changes right now.” And mean it. No more roster Tom foolery no more up jumper TCF guys starting. Treat the hc job like it’s a competitive demanding job with important tasks. Not a social club. 
 mos loves cfl football. Every thing about it. Problem is he likes winning just fine and doesn’t love losing. You gotta hate losing to keep a thing like this going. 

Don Mathew’s would’ve cut a vet or two already. Coach cal would make them go back to 2 day full padded full contact practices and maybe cancel the buy week leave. Buono would tear the paint off the walls. Ritchie too. Even dickenson has the hatred of losing. Maas too. 

totallyagree...Dinwiddie too has no fear of turning over positions....and hate to lose....we getting owned....embarrassed....and Osh has that dumb grin...almost clueless look....one of wonderment almost....Just waiting for that lightbulb moent of realization to pop on.....but I almost think there is no lightbulb screwed in now

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

I’m sure he doesn’t like losing, but MOS really, really gives the impression he prefers close games above anything, and isn’t particularly bothered by a close loss. 

He appears to be satisfied with the “chance to win” a lot of the time. 

Again, I’m sure that’s  not exactly the case, but it’s how he comes across. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

totallyagree...Dinwiddie too has no fear of turning over positions....and hate to lose....we getting owned....embarrassed....and Osh has that dumb grin...almost clueless look....one of wonderment almost....Just waiting for that lightbulb moent of realization to pop on.....but I almost think there is no lightbulb screwed in now

Yeah, I'm a big fan of his though I'm not sure if he is a part of the culture problem in TO or stuck under it. 

Hate that %&*$ eating grin after a loss. 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’m sure he doesn’t like losing, but MOS really, really gives the impression he prefers close games above anything, and isn’t particularly bothered by a close loss. 

He appears to be satisfied with the “chance to win” a lot of the time. 

Again, I’m sure that’s  not exactly the case, but it’s how he comes across. 

Im sure he doesn't too, but its a big difference between doesn't like and hates losing. 

100% he almost seems to view it as a fan wanting a good game rather than domination. 

Yeah, I'm a big fan of his though I'm not sure if he is a part of the culture problem in TO or stuck under it. 

Hate that %&*$ eating grin after a loss. 

Im sure he doesn't too, but its a big difference between doesn't like and hates losing. 

100% he almost seems to view it as a fan wanting a good game rather than domination. 

That’s EXACTLY it, and it insults me as a fan.

I’ve seen enough close games, I want dominant, cutthroat win at all costs, humiliate the other team football. 

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

That’s EXACTLY it, and it insults me as a fan.

I’ve seen enough close games, I want dominant, cutthroat win at all costs, humiliate the other team football. 

Nailed it, I feel the same way. I just want to see us play hard the whole game and play to win from prep through the final whistle. Not spot teams free stretches of games, easy rosters etc. 

I've never seen Neufeld put in a crappier performance than I saw last night....He was worse than a pylon.....stepping aside and letting the opposition take a free run at your qb. has 'see ya later nuef' written all over it....I know guys can have off games but that was a disgrace....O'Shea better have an answer for that for the next game or we might see our qb. on the six game........ next

Edited by Stickem

Nailed it, I feel the same way. I just want to see us play hard the whole game and play to win from prep through the final whistle. Not spot teams free stretches of games, easy rosters etc. 

even little things. When was the last time you saw the team take advantage of a loophole or rule? 
When was the last time they did anything innovative at all? 

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

lol, we’re going full circle with the Osh complaints. We’ll soon be complaining about his shorts again.

50 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Changing the culture of a team is tough. Kudos to O'Shea (and Walters), for doing that. Four straight Grey Cup appearances. Can't take that away from O'Shea. Next toughest thing is knowing when to move on from some of the veterans in order to maintain that competitive, yet supportive culture. O'Shea is failing at that. One of his mistakes is thinking the "culture" is the veterans. It's not. Thinking that he has to hang on to Thomas, Neufeld, Biggie, even Collaros to some extent, to maintain the culture. It's Blue Bombers football. Like Patriots football, or Celtics basketball. Like you said, Mathews would have cut a vet. Belichick let players go all the time. Loyalty isn't about letting a player tell you when they want to stop playing. Sometimes it's about thanking them, respecting them, honoring their contributions, but telling them it's time to move on.