WEEK TWO GAMEDAY THREAD - BOMBERS @ REDBLACKS

The OL is just one of many concerns with the current group tho. Think the guy touching the ball every O play ain’t what he used to be. 

regardless tho,in the last 3 games now with Zach. 0 and 3. 

Last 3 games now the best QB was Fajardo x 2 and the rookie starter we developed. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

We're admonishing Walters for not re-signing him. Doesn't sound like an overpay. 

Three hundred G's for Desjarlais is an overpay. If he was going to live with his GF while she got her medical degree in Ottawa then why offer him so much? That tells me that he'd go for the money first & play elsewhere if he had to. Ottawa should have been able to sign him for $235-250,000 then. My problem is like someone said, you get rid of the previous season deadwood & open up money for these type of signings early in the off season. We never did that. In hindsight, that's probably what we should have done. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

It's hard for some posters to swallow their pride and admit Kramdi had a good game.

you all have low standards of what constitutes good i guess...missed tackles....not knowing when to make play on ball...instrad of the BA tactic of trying to missile into a guy...and failed at that....Wrong reads....he made a handful of tackls sure...maybe cause he was targeted....u fail to see that...I get the love of mediocrity   goes with the coach....must be burnr accounts....nothing to do with pride muffin

45 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm willing to give the conditions some of the blame for not finishing things after the delay. But hey both teams had to play in it last night. 

Sincere question that I almost done want to ask.... If not Osh then who? And don't be Booch and say "doesn't matter... Anyone!!!" because that's ridiculous nonsense. If not Osh coaching then who?

I don’t want O’Shea fired.  I want him to make adjustments to how he goes about his business.  If he doesn’t see the problems, then Kyle and Wade need to sit him down and illuminate them for him, and explain that changes have to be made.  Hopefully he wouldn’t be to stubborn to realize his shortcomings and have the nuts to admit his way isn’t optimal anymore.

19 minutes ago, Goalie said:

True. The reality is it would likely be Buck as head coach. 

We'll see what coaching tree MOS spawns & how successful it is. So far, after 10 years & barely a root has grown. I'd be happy to see Jordan MacSymic here interviewing for the HC position if O'Shea leaves. To be clear, I'm not advocating O'Shea's removal.... Not yet, anyway. He deserves a chance to turn this thing around. Buck would probably be the team's first choice. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

35 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We'll see what coaching tree MOS spawns & how successful it is. So far, after 10 years & barely a root has grown. I'd be happy to see Jordan MacSymic here interviewing for the HC position if O'Shea leaves. To be clear, I'm not advocating O'Shea's removal.... Not yet, anyway. He deserves a chance to turn this thing around. Buck would probably be the team's first choice. 

MacSymic, Brent Monson, Calvillo are probably the next crop of assistants to get HC interviews. 

Jordan Younger too if the D does well enough this year. 

To be clear though I think firing a coach midseason is almost always foolish, I’m strictly talking next year if things continue to go bad.  

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

26 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

MacSymic, Brent Monson, Calvillo are probably the next crop of assistants to get HC interviews. 

Jordan Younger too if the D does well enough this year. 

To be clear though I think firing a coach midseason is almost always foolish, I’m strictly talking next year if things continue to go bad.  

I'd never want it mid season....no point.....and no need for it to be a huge do to even this yr...unless he refuses to change things and evolve....and crapspirals in the same way it has been...then def those talks need to be had

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'd never want it mid season....no point.....and no need for it to be a huge do to even this yr...unless he refuses to change things and evolve....and crapspirals in the same way it has been...then def those talks need to be had

If they did it midseason it would be Richie Hall taking over anyway most likely, which would be completely pointless. 

I’ve seen exactly one in-season coaching change work in the CFL and that’s because BC’s coach bailed 6 weeks into a season, not even a firing. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

4 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

If they did it midseason it would be Richie Hall taking over anyway most likely, which would be completely pointless. 

I’ve seen exactly one in-season coaching change work in the CFL and that’s because BC’s coach bailed 6 weeks into a season, not even a firing. 

yeah...it would definately be an in house promote for the yr.....I'd promote Patterson tho....smart guy....demands respect....and has some of the old gaurd coaching style in him...He'd be no nonesense but fair, and also a guy not to lean on favorites

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...it would definately be an in house promote for the yr.....I'd promote Patterson tho....smart guy....demands respect....and has some of the old gaurd coaching style in him...He'd be no nonesense but fair, and also a guy not to lean on favorites

That’s an interesting choice for sure. He did play for Cal..

12 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Ummm it’s you’re not your. 

Love you. :)

big fingers and bad eyes on a cell phone...it happens haha....hence I make lotsa errors....

7 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Hey, you guys wanna split into positron/negatron segments like 2009 again? 
Where’s that Spuds dude? Lol 

Yeah Cal Murphy I meant lol, He was on the 84 team I think, or 88. 

84 to87 actually....u were close

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I think everyone is negative now. We just can't agree on what to be negative about!

Mine is 

1. Roster/Interior OL choices

2. O’Sheas stagnancy.

3. The QB situation at the moment. 

4. Letting Dakota Proukop throw that ******* godamn bloody pass in the 2022 grey cup still and forever. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

big fingers and bad eyes on a cell phone...it happens haha....hence I make lotsa errors....

84 to87 actually....u were close

Not bad considering I was born in 87 hahaha

1 minute ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Mine is 

1. Roster/Interior OL choices

2. O’Sheas stagnancy.

3. The QB situation at the moment. 

4. Letting Dakota Proukop throw that ******* godamn bloody pass in the 2022 grey cup still and forever. 

Not bad considering I was born in 87 hahaha

damnnow I feel old....and I not even old...yet hahaha

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

damnnow I feel old....and I not even old...yet hahaha

I work with a bunch of 20-25 year olds, it’s nice to come on here and still be the young guy ngl 

Just one of those weird dudes about football history…my old man had the 85-93 CFL Facts figures n records in the shitter for my entire childhood hahahaha

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

50 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I work with a bunch of 20-25 year olds, it’s nice to come on here and still be the young guy ngl 

Just one of those weird dudes about football history…my old man had the 85-93 CFL Facts figures n records in the shitter for my entire childhood hahahaha

You come by it honestly from your great Uncle, who taught me. He was a great storyteller.

So to further the conversation about O'Shea.... From what we know about him (and honestly I think anyone who's had a personal interaction with him will tell you he's a good dude who loves talking to fans and loves talking about the CFL... But we really don't know anything about the professional version of MOS) do people think he'd take things lightly if he were "Sat down and told what's what..." ? Legitimately a sincere question. Because I could see that room coming to blows if the convo went down the way some of you seem to think it would. 

I suspect it's more a situation of Wade saying "what's wrong and how can I help turn this around? What do you need?" Rather than anything antagonistic. 

But that's just me guessing... Legitimately curious though.

Edited by Noeller

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

So to further the conversation about O'Shea.... From what we know about him (and honestly I think anyone who's had a personally interaction with him will tell you he's a good dude who loves talking to fans and loves talking about the CFL... But we really don't know anything about the professional version of MOS) do people think he'd take things lightly if he were "Sat down and told what's what..." ? Legitimately a sincere question. Because I could see that room coming to blows if the convo went down the way some of you seem to think it would. 

I suspect it's more a situation of Wade saying "what's wrong and how can I help turn this around? What do you need?" Rather than anything antagonistic. 

But that's just me guessing... Legitimately curious though.

I'm not sure he'd take it well. I also feel Wade would not say it as nicely as you did.

It's football, there's always a lot of egos involved.  But if losses keep happening and obvious roster problems keep getting ignored walters or Miller will come have a talk and either oshea refuses to listen, and we have a problem, or more likely regardless of strong opinions or words shared he does listen and tries something else.

Here's the thing, they're all more patient than we are and it's easy to give oshea lots of rope with the # of wins and back to back to back to back cup finals. That won't last forever though.