3 turds plus crappy honker vet preseason part 2

Turd 1: Kolo and Neuf for solidifying their places as o line turnstiles

Turd 2: Bucks play calling on the first and goal at the 7.  Run the ******* ball

Turd 3: MOS hubris again. 

Manmade Briefs HH: check out their father's day sale as we all need new undies after the **** storm we endured the last two weeks.

After the Jets got killed in the playoffs, I was really hoping the Bombers would figure **** out. 0-3 after next week is a real possibility.

23 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

MOS for dressing 6 DL

OL-I'm going Lofton, Kolo and Neuf

Buck

HH-Wilson and Mitchell- I see nothing positive with either

I didn’t think Lofton was bad. Neufeld & Kolo, on the other hand, looked terrible.

Eli needs to be in next week for one of Neufeld or Kolo, if for nothing more than to send a message that their play has been unacceptable.

Edited by sweep the leg

1. Neufeld - he was actually running away from his guy on a few plays. Cooked 

2. Buck. Yeah it’s raining and our qb can’t throw but let’s barely run. 

3. O’Shea - dressing 6 DL. You deserved the loss. 

HH. Kramdi played well and ford looked better. Didn’t hear Fords name as much. 

So here's my question... the play neufeld ran away from the guy who sacked Collaros.... looked like initially both he and kolankowski had him but then neufeld disengaged and so did Kolankowski.... so who was supposed to take him? I am inclined to believe just based on how it unfolded that neufeld wasn't wrong to go look for another block thinking the centre had the inside guy blocked.... but neufeld still had a real shitty game all on his own so maybe he was wrong. 

48 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So here's my question... the play neufeld ran away from the guy who sacked Collaros.... looked like initially both he and kolankowski had him but then neufeld disengaged and so did Kolankowski.... so who was supposed to take him? I am inclined to believe just based on how it unfolded that neufeld wasn't wrong to go look for another block thinking the centre had the inside guy blocked.... but neufeld still had a real shitty game all on his own so maybe he was wrong. 

Generally it’s heads up alignment then play side gap responsibility. In a pass play with a rusher in the A gap that means guard takes him, centre helps secure. That said, switch offs happen and you might have the g help the t double or take the end to allow the t to slide to an overload. Generally for that it’s just pointing. Ie nuef would point if he’s gonna slide over. Ultimately though, if the C isn’t engaged on the other side and no one is in position for a delay rush the C should cut off the inside rush even with out a switch. The centre is the glue guy, he does what ever is needed at the time. 

Idr but I think neuf pointed. They had the same kind of break down in week 1. Problem is both have the mobility of a rascal scooter hauling a 500 lber with no charge. 

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don’t care who it is but one of Kolo or Neufeld needs to sit next week for Eli

If that performance doesn’t do it, what will?

I’d consider sitting both for Eli and Wallace honestly. I don’t care if Wallace is a rookie, there’s no way he could play worse that Neufeld did tonight. 

4 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

I didn’t think Lofton was bad. Neufeld & Kolo, on the other hand, looked terrible.

Eli needs to be in next week for one of Neufeld or Kolo, if for nothing more than to send a message that their play has been unacceptable.

Dobson was manhandled at least twice and was responsible for sacks given up on each occasion, him and Kolo are short armed strugglers playing at the edge of their athletic ability and are easily tipped off balance.

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Dobson was manhandled at least twice and was responsible for sacks given up on each occasion, him and Kolo are short armed strugglers playing at the edge of their athletic ability and are easily tipped off balance.

That’s a beyond terrible take on Dobson sorry that’s hilarious. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

That’s a beyond terrible take on Dobson sorry that’s hilarious. 

I didn’t see Dobson get mandhandled, but I saw him lost on a few occasions. Jogging up to the soup at the end of running plays. 
Standing upright looking around on a couple others. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

When the other side of your line is being caved it’s tough for the other 2. 

neufeld is the biggest problem. I’ll bet if you went Dobson kolo Eli. It wouldn’t look nearly as bad. Neufeld is seriously dragging the entire line down. He’s washed up and it’s time O’Shea has the chat with him. I’d go as far to say If Osh refuses that chat, then it’s time to  have that chat with O’Shea and until we do it’s just gonna get worse. Ottawa sucks guys. We sucked against a good team in Montreal and we sucked for 3 quarters vs a Perennial league door mat. Maybe when Edmonton smokes us like they were doing last year b4 Zach got hurt, maybe then things will change. 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

When the other side of your line is being caved it’s tough for the other 2. 

Doesn’t help when you draft run blocking maulers and don’t run the ball. Maybe instead of trying to create the next Walby personality, they should have looked at guys that excelled in pass pro in college ball. 

I wonder if there’s a team MOS hates? Like one that would make him think long and hard about what he’s doing, were they to embarrass us. 
Calgary maybe? 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

2 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Doesn’t help when you draft run blocking maulers and don’t run the ball

Yeah. Running the ball less than 10 times should definitely be a firing. Yeah our QB looks washed and underthrows wide open guys but let’s not run. At all. Let the other team tee off on Zach and our **** oline

I’m convinced O’Shea handicaps the team on purpose. There’s no other logical reason for these roster decisions. 

I know I've tried to defend MOS roster decisions as "he knows best".   But clearly there are problems and his stubbornness is on full display.    I think back to the god awful Sam Hurl experiment and realize that, despite winning 2 grey cups, MOS fault is his loyalty to players and their passport;  Hurl was trash, yet he was always trotted out there.  Thank God Bighill was let go by BC and we scooped him up, otherwise I shudder to think of who would have been our MLB now.    Come 5 years later, MOS trots out an injured Bighill in the most important game of the year.   And then stays loyal to him and doesn't seek to find an adequate replacement.

Anyways, I really think we'll get our ass handed to us against BC.   And I hope something drastic changes, or this season slips away from us before we're 6 games in.

1 minute ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I know I've tried to defend MOS roster decisions as "he knows best".   But clearly there are problems and his stubbornness is on full display.    I think back to the god awful Sam Hurl experiment and realize that, despite winning 2 grey cups, MOS fault is his loyalty to players and their passport;  Hurl was trash, yet he was always trotted out there.  Thank God Bighill was let go by BC and we scooped him up, otherwise I shudder to think of who would have been our MLB now.    Come 5 years later, MOS trots out an injured Bighill in the most important game of the year.   And then stays loyal to him and doesn't seek to find an adequate replacement.

Anyways, I really think we'll get our ass handed to us against BC.   And I hope something drastic changes, or this season slips away from us before we're 6 games in.

I hate to say it cuz I’m a real fan. Bombers been there my whole life. The jets have not. 

but perhaps it’s best if we go 0 and 6 0 and 7. Then changes will be forced to be made. Osh can’t be the ostrich who keeps burying his head in the sand. 

I feel O’Shea tho is talking to Kyle right now going, you know what we need? A marine. 

10 hours ago, Mike said:

I don’t care who it is but one of Kolo or Neufeld needs to sit next week for Eli

If that performance doesn’t do it, what will?

obtaining your army reserve card might get a foot in the door....maybe comment in practice "whoa boy...am i ever going hard".....

10 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Generally it’s heads up alignment then play side gap responsibility. In a pass play with a rusher in the A gap that means guard takes him, centre helps secure. That said, switch offs happen and you might have the g help the t double or take the end to allow the t to slide to an overload. Generally for that it’s just pointing. Ie nuef would point if he’s gonna slide over. Ultimately though, if the C isn’t engaged on the other side and no one is in position for a delay rush the C should cut off the inside rush even with out a switch. The centre is the glue guy, he does what ever is needed at the time. 

Idr but I think neuf pointed. They had the same kind of break down in week 1. Problem is both have the mobility of a rascal scooter hauling a 500 lber with no charge. 

I dont think Kolo knows what to do after a chip...50 block, or when to release engagement...orjsut cant maintain it..