GDT - Is 3rd time the charm vs Lions

Asked, then, if he felt 100 per cent, he agreed.
“If it was up to me, I’m ready to go,” Oliveira said. “I’m good to go.”
So, if it were up to him, he would be first on the depth chart?
“Yeah,” he said. “I’m a competitor. I’ve been the starter the last two years here. I’ve earned that.”

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/oliveira-unhappy-with-no-2-designation

Sounds like Brady's good to go

Edited by Atomic

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Well...I will take this one on this week....Hope for some changes on how we manage a game...some positive roster moves...is this the start of a win streak?

I appreciate and share your optimism. However, I am a bit concerned about the number of rookies in the secondary. (Was it Dave Ritchie who said that "you'll lose one game for every rookie started"?) Have they had enough time and reps to  play as a cohesive unit? Here's hoping that the communication back there is getting better. Go Bombers Go!

10 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

I appreciate and share your optimism. However, I am a bit concerned about the number of rookies in the secondary. (Was it Dave Ritchie who said that "you'll lose one game for every rookie started"?) Have they had enough time and reps to  play as a cohesive unit? Here's hoping that the communication back there is getting better. Go Bombers Go!

Ritchie did say something to that effect (not sure the exact wording) but ironic part is that it was his holding onto vets too long that cost him wins and ultimately his job.  Rookies have to get playing time at some point. I'd rather it be now, early in the season, then later on in the season (or in the play-offs).

I do expect Adams to target Bonds/Bridges early & often - we'll see if they're up to the task.  They did have some communication issues when Bridges got thrown into the Ottawa game after Nichols went down so hopefully they worked on that with a full week of practice together.

26 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

Probably as accurate to say you lose a game for every player over like 33/34 lol. We sure didn't lose any games because of rookies like schoen, alford, nichols etc.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Well...I will take this one on this week....Hope for some changes on how we manage a game...some positive roster moves...is this the start of a win streak?

Same. This BC roster suuuuuucks. 

Keys to the game for me, 

Vaj. The lions bad ol is banged all up. Pressure him, hit him, force turn overs. 

1st down production. In the first two games we've had the worst first down production this team has seen in a long time. It's critical to keep in 2nd and reasonable, and not have zach trying to throw every down. 

no2 will largely come down to this, buck calling a better game. We need to be running it or having similar quick passing game production, move the pocket, develop some routes and use strevy well. Bucks got to evolve and adjust to how teams have played us and how we've struggled so far this year. 

We are actually kinda using the nationalized American rule on this week's roster. We have dressed 20 Canadians, 20 Americans, 3 QB and 2 Globals... that means one of the Americans must be a Nationalized American and counts as a Canadian (roster rules dictate minimum 21 Canadians, optionally including one Nationalized American). That could be Stanley Bryant, WJ, Bighill, BA or Kyrie Wilson.

12 minutes ago, Atomic said:

We are actually kinda using the nationalized American rule on this week's roster. We have dressed 20 Canadians, 20 Americans, 3 QB and 2 Globals... that means one of the Americans must be a Nationalized American and counts as a Canadian (roster rules dictate minimum 21 Canadians, optionally including one Nationalized American). That could be Stanley Bryant, WJ, Bighill, BA or Kyrie Wilson.

Interesting, My money would be on it being used on the D side, probably kyrie or ba. 

51 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

Nichols and Alford panned out pretty well....but I agree...could be some bumps along the way...I don't like that Ritchie analogy tho...Love Coach to death...but if you can play...you can play

My concern is and still will be center....but one change at a time I guess..we have Smith on and hopefully Mitchell never to be seen back there again...Up next Center....then put the Thomas at 80% rep use out to pasture

Just now, wbbfan said:

Interesting, My money would be on it being used on the D side, probably kyrie or ba. 

I think it's more just about the roster construction. I don't expect them to actually use the rule in-game. They certainly don't specify it on their depth chart like every other team.

32 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

If they win you'll have to start the GDT every time and I'll expect a depth chart included

consider it done....and u know damn well I will have my opinion hahaha

24 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Probably as accurate to say you lose a game for every player over like 33/34 lol. We sure didn't lose any games because of rookies like schoen, alford, nichols etc.

Same. This BC roster suuuuuucks. 

Keys to the game for me, 

Vaj. The lions bad ol is banged all up. Pressure him, hit him, force turn overs. 

1st down production. In the first two games we've had the worst first down production this team has seen in a long time. It's critical to keep in 2nd and reasonable, and not have zach trying to throw every down. 

no2 will largely come down to this, buck calling a better game. We need to be running it or having similar quick passing game production, move the pocket, develop some routes and use strevy well. Bucks got to evolve and adjust to how teams have played us and how we've struggled so far this year. 

I as well think you lose more games...or have more a chance to lose with aged out players..who can't bring it every play and have eroding skills...a young guy who is athletic can sometimes overcome a brain fart with his athleticism...and also once he has learned a lesson...he can attack it different...when you just dont have it anymore...you just keep getting exploited

18 minutes ago, Atomic said:

good observation....dare we say Osh finally coming to his senses...or did someone step in and say "enough of yhour stubborn bias....You use the rule!"

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

gaurantee it's on defence...unless they use big stan to allow Smith to come in and spell of BO without having to take out an import receiver

23 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Bighill makes the most sense but likely will be Wilson if I had to guess. 

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Interesting Brady intereview.

He said that if it was up to him he'd be listed as number 1 but he doesnt make those decisions. He said he's 100 percent healthy but will need a couple of games to get into rhythm / groove. But he remarked that his couple of games to get into rhythm might be better than others.....

Who? The Itty Bitty Kitties from Vancouver, BC Lions vs the Twelve Time Grey Cup Champion, Winnipeg Blue Bombers
What? Football!
When? 7:30 CDT
Where? The PAS in Winnipeg
Why? FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

Weather at kickoff: 25, wind 11 out of the NE, gusting to 17. 

It's going to be perfect summer football weather. 

Lions-depth-chart-696x526.jpeg

Friday, June 21 / 7:30 PM / Princess Auto Stadium. 48 hours. Game day. BC vs WinnipegAutograph session with Andrew Harris! Princess Auto Tailgate Area, 5:45 PM - 7:00 PM

SKIP FEATURE ITEM OF THE GAME - Buffalo Chicken Poutine $14.75. Available at all Exceldor Chicken tenders stands anfd section 134 Poutinerie

Why???

winnipeg-blue-bombers-come-on-down-to-wi

LFG!!!

Edited by JCon

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Ritchie did say something to that effect (not sure the exact wording) but ironic part is that it was his holding onto vets too long that cost him wins and ultimately his job.  Rookies have to get playing time at some point. I'd rather it be now, early in the season, then later on in the season (or in the play-offs).

I do expect Adams to target Bonds/Bridges early & often - we'll see if they're up to the task.  They did have some communication issues when Bridges got thrown into the Ottawa game after Nichols went down so hopefully they worked on that with a full week of practice together.

I was never sure on what he meant. 🙂 He was the best.

For as much talk about our lack of run game making us one dimensional this year, look at BC. 

Arguably a worse oline than ours talent-wise and a washed-up Stanback the only real option to carry the ball. 

I think this could be Devin Adams coming out party. 

Again, the only real huge concern for me is our Oline vs their Dline. Their ends are pretty damn good. 

I’m not as worried about our secondary as  backers in pass coverage. Teams have been running a lot of drags out of tight bunch to get our LBs running in opposite directions.