GDT - Is 3rd time the charm vs Lions

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Interesting Brady intereview.

He said that if it was up to him he'd be listed as number 1 but he doesnt make those decisions. He said he's 100 percent healthy but will need a couple of games to get into rhythm / groove. But he remarked that his couple of games to get into rhythm might be better than others.....

He’s not wrong, but if he had a hammy and now a knee, if he ain’t 100% he should sit. 

In week 3, that’s the correct move by the coaches imo. Maybe Osh learned something from trotting out a field hospital in the Grey Cup. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

Although, if he is, things are not going his way. ;) 

But, the league basically ignored the violent incident, so he can do it again with impunity. 

That was inexcusably poor in-game officiating, and a double down by the league in not bringing the hammer down. 
One of the most egregious UR’s I’ve ever seen. 

4 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I'm sure there are players, even now, that still think back to some of his quotes and haven no idea what he meant. 😂

I still remember when he called the secondary “The Sisters of the Poor” in a postgame 

Couldn’t find it, but there’s another treasure of a halftime interview at 1:04:30

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

42 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I was never sure on what he meant. 🙂 He was the best.

The way to make life easier for DBacks is obviously to pressure VA at every turn and not let him get set up to pass. The downside to that is that VA is a pretty good scrambler, and our linebackers are going to have to earn their keep. VA seems to be a bit off this year, making me wonder if those hits he has taken have had a cumulative effect. So....a wounded quarterback behind a rickety o-line. Feeding time for the Bomber d-line?

3 hours ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

I appreciate and share your optimism. However, I am a bit concerned about the number of rookies in the secondary. (Was it Dave Ritchie who said that "you'll lose one game for every rookie started"?) Have they had enough time and reps to  play as a cohesive unit? Here's hoping that the communication back there is getting better. Go Bombers Go!

That's why you try and start ALL the rookies in one game.

think-smart-meme.gif

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Who? The Itty Bitty Kitties from Vancouver, BC Lions vs the Twelve Time Grey Cup Champion, Winnipeg Blue Bombers
What? Football!
When? 7:30 CDT
Where? The PAS in Winnipeg
Why? FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

Weather at kickoff: 25, wind 11 out of the NE, gusting to 17. 

It's going to be perfect summer football weather. 

Lions-depth-chart-696x526.jpeg

Friday, June 21 / 7:30 PM / Princess Auto Stadium. 48 hours. Game day. BC vs WinnipegAutograph session with Andrew Harris! Princess Auto Tailgate Area, 5:45 PM - 7:00 PM

SKIP FEATURE ITEM OF THE GAME - Buffalo Chicken Poutine $14.75. Available at all Exceldor Chicken tenders stands anfd section 134 Poutinerie

Why???

winnipeg-blue-bombers-come-on-down-to-wi

LFG!!!

@Booch - this needs to be added in the initial post. Perfect template from @JCon

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

For as much talk about our lack of run game making us one dimensional this year, look at BC. 

Arguably a worse oline than ours talent-wise and a washed-up Stanback the only real option to carry the ball. 

I think this could be Devin Adams coming out party. 

Again, the only real huge concern for me is our Oline vs their Dline. Their ends are pretty damn good. 

I’m not as worried about our secondary as  backers in pass coverage. Teams have been running a lot of drags out of tight bunch to get our LBs running in opposite directions. 

That’s true but bc has been a pass first second and third offence for a long time. Their ol sucks but part of that is they never establish the run. 

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don’t know how to feel about Brady being mad

My question is whether he is actually mad, or was the reporter, Billeck, asking very leading questions so that the answers could be interpreted that way.  It wouldn't be the first time a reporter wanted to stir up a controversy, so they asked those types of leading questions and then framed the article in such a way as to make it look much worse than it really is.

4 hours ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

I appreciate and share your optimism. However, I am a bit concerned about the number of rookies in the secondary. (Was it Dave Ritchie who said that "you'll lose one game for every rookie started"?) Have they had enough time and reps to  play as a cohesive unit? Here's hoping that the communication back there is getting better. Go Bombers Go!

I'm counting both losses in that category.  So they only have a couple more left.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Nichols and Alford panned out pretty well....but I agree...could be some bumps along the way...I don't like that Ritchie analogy tho...Love Coach to death...but if you can play...you can play

My concern is and still will be center....but one change at a time I guess..we have Smith on and hopefully Mitchell never to be seen back there again...Up next Center....then put the Thomas at 80% rep use out to pasture

I agree about the centre position, too. I gather that you are well-connected in the football field. Do colleagues of yours have the same concerns about the O-line, centre in particular as you?

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

The way to make life easier for DBacks is obviously to pressure VA at every turn and not let him get set up to pass. The downside to that is that VA is a pretty good scrambler, and our linebackers are going to have to earn their keep. VA seems to be a bit off this year, making me wonder if those hits he has taken have had a cumulative effect. So....a wounded quarterback behind a rickety o-line. Feeding time for the Bomber d-line?

Jeffcoat was good at getting in VA's face and very disciplined maintaining his position so he couldn't escape the pocket.  I'm super certain Garbutt, Haba, Fayad will be much better than old man Jeffcoat ever was. 

17 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

I agree about the centre position, too. I gather that you are well-connected in the football field. Do colleagues of yours have the same concerns about the O-line, centre in particular as you?

they do....and asked why we dont use the Nationalized rule...and other things...I think Osh got word from above to start using it...especially with our injury issues