GDT - Is 3rd time the charm vs Lions

2 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Normally yeah, I just remember those Argos always giving up a ton of yards on the ground. Roberts regularly ran for 100+ against them, and I remember them giving up like 300 yards to the ticats in a game 

I remember that too.  Give up rushing yards on first down, stop most of the passing plays on second down - that was their MO. That and top tier ST play.

23 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I remember that too.  Give up rushing yards on first down, stop most of the passing plays on second down - that was their MO. That and top tier ST play.

The hallmark of that D is preventing the deep ball.

Currently we are so confused in coverage and getting torched by deep ball.

On rewatch there's a bunch of plays to the boundary where Bonds locks in, stops his feet, and starts waving like "someone save my ass because I made the wrong read."  BC really did a great job of showing screen/hitch/other quick stuff then resetting.  Bonds got sucked in a lot.  They didn't go after Ford much at all in comparison to Montreal and Ottawa.

We could really use a couple vet CFL DB's that have some tread left.  Alexander is a complete disaster out there physically, Bridges is super scared of the deep stuff so when teams flood zones he's always vacating deep, even chasing routes down the middle in cover 3 when he's on the flank, leaving a ton of space 20 yards in.

This secondary will lose us games if our offense isn't going to score 30.  Pass rush is doing almost nothing as well which doesn't help matters.  Fayad looks good, Hubert looks useful.  Jefferson needs to be more engaged, have no use for him running as a spy or 3-4 style rush LB as they were doing at times last night with 3 DT's on field.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

The hallmark of that D is preventing the deep ball.

Currently we are so confused in coverage and getting torched by deep ball.

On rewatch there's a bunch of plays to the boundary where Bonds locks in, stops his feet, and starts waving like "someone save my ass because I made the wrong read."  BC really did a great job of showing screen/hitch/other quick stuff then resetting.  Bonds got sucked in a lot.  They didn't go after Ford much at all in comparison to Montreal and Ottawa.

We could really use a couple vet CFL DB's that have some tread left.  Alexander is a complete disaster out there physically, Bridges is super scared of the deep stuff so when teams flood zones he's always vacating deep, even chasing routes down the middle in cover 3 when he's on the flank, leaving a ton of space 20 yards in.

Do you think Griffin could be a good bandaid there? I’ll be honest, other than the fact he has CFL experience, I don’t know much about him at all. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Do you think Griffin could be a good bandaid there? I’ll be honest, other than the fact he has CFL experience, I don’t know much about him at all. 

Worth a shot at least he has a year in with Calgary.  Bridges might be better week by week as he can see on film what's happening and take that knowledge back to the field.

Is it time to discuss the new D coordinator's role so far? I hate to bring this up, as it's early, and in light of injuries etc., perhaps not totally fair ... BUT ... it's not ending too well for his side of the ball this year so far. Is there a possibility this experiment may end fairly quickly if things don't turn around soon, and the team going back to Hall at some point? 

21 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Is it time to discuss the new D coordinator's role so far? I hate to bring this up, as it's early, and in light of injuries etc., perhaps not totally fair ... BUT ... it's not ending too well for his side of the ball this year so far. Is there a possibility this experiment may end fairly quickly if things don't turn around soon, and the team going back to Hall at some point? 

Not with this organization I don’t think. That’s just not how they’ve ever operated with any kind of personnel or staff, especially mid season. 
If anything, if this year continues as such, I could see Hall fully retired and JY somewhere else next season, with a total fresh start here but that’s way too far out yet. 

55 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

The DL with Thomas getting more reps than he should is the reason the D looks so bad.  No pressure generated basically all game. Hollins and McCinnis vs kramdi and BA. It’s just not fair lol. 

Edited by Goalie

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

There's really nothing easy about connecting on a 40yrd corner. It's a difficult pattern and throw.

No part of qbing is easy. When we are paying north of 800k combined on those two, expectations should be high imo. 

Demski (along with strevy, Brady, and woli) played his heart out. Zach still left a good bit of opportunity on the field. Vaj completed 2 Less passes for 151 more yards. 
 On the list of faults for the loss though, the buck starts and ends with coaching. Going into time killing mode before you get to the area/ lead needed is soo damned dumb. Not using our best weapons and running in the red zone in the clutch? Dumb. Continually calling cover 0 and putting ba in man cover when keeps getting burned and the pressure isn’t getting to vaj also dumb. Roster management, dumb and dumber. 

Zach played his best ball since before we locked up the west last year. It would be a lot more encouraging though if bc didn’t suck. If we had miraculously won all 3 games we’d still be in deep trouble. As it is, we are getting close to win now territory. 

We should be looking to replace the Lawler/Wheatfall body type right now.  Sounds like Schoen is going to be down for awhile if he gets back at all this season.  A couple of our camp cuts could fit the bill if they think they'd integrate pretty quick.  Was kind of shocked they didn't keep one of those body types around.

Wolitarsky is a big guy, but more possession type.

If Demski is our only vertical guy our offense will have a hell of a time getting vertical and also opening up any other space.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

We should be looking to replace the Lawler/Wheatfall body type right now.  Sounds like Schoen is going to be down for awhile if he gets back at all this season.  A couple of our camp cuts could fit the bill if they think they'd integrate pretty quick.  Was kind of shocked they didn't keep one of those body types around.

Wolitarsky is a big guy, but more possession type.

If Demski is our only vertical guy our offense will have a hell of a time getting vertical and also opening up any other space.

Josh Johnson seems like he’d be a downfield threat. Not at all the Lawler frame though, closer to a Clarence Denmark 

23 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah they need a guy with a big catch radius or it's going to be continued unhappy days for Collaros as a QB.

Agreed. Johnson could go over top, but he’s not gonna be that long armed rangy type that Collaros needs to chuck it up to. 

I’ve heard a couple suggestions we’re going to sign Lenius, which is the exact type of receiver I had hoped we wouldn’t go after.

Unless Josh Johnson is suddenly a huge downfield threat, that’s going to do nothing for our offense.

51 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’ve heard a couple suggestions we’re going to sign Lenius, which is the exact type of receiver I had hoped we wouldn’t go after.

Unless Josh Johnson is suddenly a huge downfield threat, that’s going to do nothing for our offense.

Lenius is just a slower shittier Woli though basically. We’d be better off with literally any of the camp cuts who were over 6ft 

EDIT- 2 seconds before I read they signed the least impressive guy from camp and last years PR. Christ. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

4 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Lenius is just a slower shittier Woli though basically. We’d be better off with literally any of the camp cuts who were over 6ft 

AND on that note in comes Ravi Alston a camp cut....6 footer with some size....He was here last year and dressed for one game I believe

Just now, Stickem said:

AND on that note in comes Ravi Alston a camp cut....6 footer with some size....He was here last year and dressed for one game I believe

He didn’t impress at all last year, but I mean, yeah better than Lenius 

I would have preferred Tyler Adams, Kody Case or Oliver Martin out of the camp cuts though. Guess they weren’t available. 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

He didn’t impress at all last year, but I mean, yeah better than Lenius 

I would have preferred Tyler Adams, Kody Case or Oliver Martin out of the camp cuts though. Guess they weren’t available. 

well once you tell a guy adios and they make other plans.....good luck trying to retrieve them....Should have been more discerning before we lowered the axe in a lot of cases...Does it seem to you we're just treading water this year....I sure as hell hope not or the ramifications are going to be very unsettling for the locals...to say the least

Edited by Stickem

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

well once you tell a guy adios and they make other plans.....good luck trying to retrieve them....Should have been more discerning before we lowered the axe in a lot of cases...Does it seem to you we're just treading water this year....I sure as hell hope not or the ramifications are going to be very unsettling for the locals...to say the least

Been treading water for almost 2 full years now, just got away with it due to top end talent.