3 stars and some turds

14 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Not what I meant. They are rostering others who are almost spectators. The rookies won't be busting their butts much longer either.

When Owen Hubert replaced Willy he was getting penetration. Fayad got more pressure. Yes Willy prob being double teamed but if you focus on him on some plays, he’s not really trying even. It appears he just isn’t interested in engaging. Like neufeld against Ottawa. 

The play calling at the end of the half was jacked up. Running into the line with 11 seconds left basically conceded the TD.  Weird call. 

I got no beef with the call to cancel the last second showing; the clock clearly started late on the final play of the half.  It looked bush league suspicious to me, real homer timekeeping.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

A guy once told me that if a receiver can get his hand on it at all, then he should have caught it....... Now who the hell was it that told me.................

Fingertips =/= hands

39 minutes ago, johnzo said:

The play calling at the end of the half was jacked up. Running into the line with 11 seconds left basically conceded the TD.  Weird call. 

I got no beef with the call to cancel the last second showing; the clock clearly started late on the final play of the half.  It looked bush league suspicious to me, real homer timekeeping.

So angry! You run you're clearly playing for the field goal... so why try and pass with 5 seconds left?

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

When Owen Hubert replaced Willy he was getting penetration. Fayad got more pressure. Yes Willy prob being double teamed but if you focus on him on some plays, he’s not really trying even. It appears he just isn’t interested in engaging. Like neufeld against Ottawa. 

I really don’t think a lack of interest/effort was the issue. I think he had accepted that he couldn’t beat a double team, so was sitting back trying to bat down balls. 

So my almost 3 year old heard me talking to her Grandpa about the game on the phone this morning. 

“What is punter dad?”

“Something bad that the Blue Bombers have. They’ve got a bad punter. He’s the man that kicks the football the way I showed you. It’s called a punter, and he’s a bad punter”

”Oh, Bluebommers have a bad punter” 

”Yes sweetie, that’s right. Your Gramdfather is probably a better one, and he’s 70”

”And Mommy is better punter than bluebombers?” 

”Yes, That’s probably right too” 

“And Jenny (our collie cross) is better punter than Bluebombers?”

It went on for about a half hour, with literally every name she knows. 

I’m building another one of us…

3 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I really don’t think a lack of interest/effort was the issue. I think he had accepted that he couldn’t beat a double team, so was sitting back trying to bat down balls. 

Perhaps but I concentrated on him a couple times and it appeared he wasn’t doing much of anything. Really did give neufeld against Ottawa vibes.  At one point I thought it looked like the jets players quitting on Dave Lowry. This was first half. No doubt tho Thomas being basically a waste of a spot doesn’t help tho. 

Edited by Goalie

6 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

So my almost 3 year old heard me talking to her Grandpa about the game on the phone this morning. 

“What is punter dad?”

“Something bad that the Blue Bombers have. They’ve got a bad punter. He’s the man that kicks the football the way I showed you. It’s called a punter, and he’s a bad punter”

”Oh, Bluebommers have a bad punter” 

”Yes sweetie, that’s right. Your Gramdfather is probably a better one, and he’s 70”

”And Mommy is better punter than bluebombers?” 

”Yes, That’s probably right too” 

“And Jenny (our collie cross) is better punter than Bluebombers?”

It went on for about a half hour, with literally every name she knows. 

I’m building another one of us…

Now tell her about Brandon Alexander 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Now tell her about Brandon Alexander 

At what point right. That’s 3 games and he’s been torched every game and doesn’t look like he wants to even tackle. The long bomb was bad. The attempt to tackle was embarrassing 

I got a kick out of was it the color guy. He said something about well big play upcoming and mentioned bighill being a guy who will shut it down. Next play bighill nowhere to be found. 

it’s not rust after 3 games. 

5 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

He has the lowest punt average in the league and it looks like the Bombers have the lowest net average as well.

@DTonOB Do you have the net punt average for teams from this year? I couldnt find the info at any website that I checked. 

CFL official through Week 2:

EDM 42.5
TOR 42.3
HAM 38.8
MTL 38.4
CGY 38.3
SSK 38.1
OTT 33.7
WPG 33.1
BC 32.3

Adjusted for field position I have Sheahan being dead last through two weeks...4.3 net yards below average per punt.

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

I got a kick out of was it the color guy. He said something about well big play upcoming and mentioned bighill being a guy who will shut it down. Next play bighill nowhere to be found. 

it’s not rust after 3 games. 

I know. I honestly think they can and will get much better than that. I just couldn’t help the dumb pun 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Need to airlift defensive lineman in cuz the current guys ain’t it. 

Thomas isn’t. Schmekel should be real limited reps. We have a bunch of good guys hurt. Hubert is a keeper, Ali , adams and woods too.  

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Hamilton isn't using Vedvik.

Would trade a low pick over there for him.

He does all 3 I believe so options. The last Norwegian here was some guy named byfuglien for the Jets. 

Edited by Goalie

On 2024-06-21 at 11:06 PM, JohnnyAbonny said:

Good 

1. Andre Proulx for being the most entertaining official in the history of pro sports. 
2. Demski, the only veteran worth his pay tonight. 
3. Fayed. He’s a keeper. 

HH. Hubert. Late round Canadian playing above and beyond any expectation. 

Bad

1. Younger. This **** ain’t working. 

2. Bighill. Love him, totally respect everything he’s done for this organization. Totally finished as a player. 

3. MOS. We’ve all said it and read it. This is really bad. 

Crappy Honker- TSN ignoring an injury to a league superstar to talk about what number Keric Wheatfall likes. 

Not a one. Best players on D tonight were Bonds, Hubert and Fayed. 

Absolutely agree with your 3 stars and the HH. At the start of the game I was wondering who this new d'lineman was. They ran outta team roster handouts so all I got was that he was a Canadian kid. Played great, pass knockdown and tons of energy. A keeper!

3 hours ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

I was not expecting much from Schmek or Hubert....but thus far Schmek. may be the most improved from last year and Hubert in a small sample impressed the heck outta me....side not, Wallace has also impressed....we may in the future look back on some really good value draft picks

As far as I could tell Schmeck barely got any snaps, did not see Jake ever leave the field.  I'm no "Jake hater" but the amount of reps him and Willie are taking right now makes no sense.