3 stars and some turds

40 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

As far as I could tell Schmeck barely got any snaps, did not see Jake ever leave the field.  I'm no "Jake hater" but the amount of reps him and Willie are taking right now makes no sense.

I'd love to see Jake's snap count. It feels like he's getting the reps of a Doug Brown.

5 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

Exactly, at some point Schmekel needs to play.

looks like we're building to lose......when the vets can't cut it anymore for cripes sake play the guys waiting in the wings....The management of this club is becoming more than hapless

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

As far as I could tell Schmeck barely got any snaps, did not see Jake ever leave the field.  I'm no "Jake hater" but the amount of reps him and Willie are taking right now makes no sense.

Almost count the reps Jake came off for on one hand. Late in the game we had a half a series with all imp dl. 

Meanwhile any time another dl made a good play they came off

Edited by wbbfan

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Almost count the reps Jake came off for on one hand. Late in the game we had a half a series with all imp dl. 

Meanwhile any time another dl made a good play they came off

I'm sure someone has a count for his reps. I watched him sporadically and there were a couple of occasion swhen he took on two guys but most of the time he was pushed aside, too easily it seems to me. Do we have too many Sam Hurls on the team this season?

6 hours ago, DTonOB said:

Just finished Week 3 DL snaps
Jefferson - 57
Thomas - 49
Woods - 27
Adams - 26
Hubert - 23
Fayad - 20
Schmekel - 6

I’m curious as to who makes the “on the fly” in game roster management decisions. In this case, is it O’Shea, Younger, by committee or based on a pre-game plan? Thoughts from you folks?

On 2024-06-22 at 11:31 AM, HardCoreBlue said:

Most every play he’s on he’s just trotting around watching a football game unfold before him. We shouldn’t be fielding players as spectators. 

told u all that....happens all the time...either tippy toein up to the play after...with no use or purpose...or cantget off a block inside...guys useess but Osh thinks he a stalwart

On 2024-06-22 at 12:23 PM, WinnipegGordo said:

He has the lowest punt average in the league and it looks like the Bombers have the lowest net average as well.

@DTonOB Do you have the net punt average for teams from this year? I couldnt find the info at any website that I checked. 

guy cant punt us out of danger...at all....punts from in between our 15 and 15 yard line barely get to mid field...we give away so many easy points game in and game out

On 2024-06-22 at 12:25 PM, Goalie said:

Walters signed Thomas and Alexander as FAs in the off season so unfortunately it’s not just O’Shea. Could have just let them walk or release them also. 

So the vets are there to not make plays I suppose. With the injury situation this is when you not only want but need your vets and higher paid guys to step up. He didn’t. It was the rooks making plays. 

HC gets input and say in who/what he wants...and sure he pushed hard for them...I thibnk moving forward Walter's will not trust in Osh's judgement or assesment as much...as it is flawed and horrible

I also dont fault WJ as he playing with backups to the bacjk ups essentially and likely is also told to hang back and try and disrupt throwing lanes....

By mid season hopefully....if we see a WJ...Garbutt and Fayed rotation as I believe Haba is done.....with healthy use of Fox..Woods and Adams...Let Hubert grow into a role, thats a solid main 7....Schmeck I had hoped for more and step forward a bit, but guess it's hard when Thomas gets an ungodly amount of snaps.

I also been a big BA supporter but damn....dude looks inadequate now...and lost....Move Holm there as I still think he is just to weak and ineffective at HB...Too much after the fact plays....or stick Kelley there when healthy and totally eliminate the need to have to use so much Canadiana on the DL as we just don't have the horses for that..Unless Lawson gets back

10 hours ago, Mike said:

That is … bad 

sickening

9 hours ago, 17to85 said:

WTF... the old parts who have one foot in the grave play twice what the younger guys do. Insanity.

when yer Pappi is the coach...U get all the treats

58 minutes ago, Booch said:

told u all that....happens all the time...either tippy toein up to the play after...with no use or purpose...or cantget off a block inside...guys useess but Osh thinks he a stalwart

guy cant punt us out of danger...at all....punts from in between our 15 and 15 yard line barely get to mid field...we give away so many easy points game in and game out

HC gets input and say in who/what he wants...and sure he pushed hard for them...I thibnk moving forward Walter's will not trust in Osh's judgement or assesment as much...as it is flawed and horrible

I also dont fault WJ as he playing with backups to the bacjk ups essentially and likely is also told to hang back and try and disrupt throwing lanes....

By mid season hopefully....if we see a WJ...Garbutt and Fayed rotation as I believe Haba is done.....with healthy use of Fox..Woods and Adams...Let Hubert grow into a role, thats a solid main 7....Schmeck I had hoped for more and step forward a bit, but guess it's hard when Thomas gets an ungodly amount of snaps.

I also been a big BA supporter but damn....dude looks inadequate now...and lost....Move Holm there as I still think he is just to weak and ineffective at HB...Too much after the fact plays....or stick Kelley there when healthy and totally eliminate the need to have to use so much Canadiana on the DL as we just don't have the horses for that..Unless Lawson gets back

sickening

when yer Pappi is the coach...U get all the treats

100% agree with this. I’ve always had a soft spot for Holm, as a guy with the same frame lol, but yeah he’s not physical enough for HB. 

Great at tracking the ball, decent enough vertical too. His closing speed is phenomenal, just the perfect skill set for todays CFL safety. 

12 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

100% agree with this. I’ve always had a soft spot for Holm, as a guy with the same frame lol, but yeah he’s not physical enough for HB. 

Great at tracking the ball, decent enough vertical too. His closing speed is phenomenal, just the perfect skill set for todays CFL safety. 

we have a bad habit of playing way too many guys out of position...and for no apparent reason other than....I guess Osh's prference??...Dunno but it not skill and effectiveness related...thats for sure

2 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

He said exactly this in the post game.

Generally wrs have to pick between top speed and diving. Very few guys even in the nfl can leap from one leg into a full dive or do a gather and leap from a full stride sprint. If he played for the dive he’d probably be 5 yards shorter. Only he really knows which way he covers more distance. 

That ball perfectly throw, goes over his shoulder to arms in front of his face. In a tighter spot you drop it in the bread basket with the wrs arms bent. 

Demskis wheels made that player closer than any other wr on our team would’ve been. Zach missed by the smallest margin for a catchable ball, which is hard to fault. It’s also hard not to expect that pass to be completed. Isn’t fair but that’s football. 

16 hours ago, DTonOB said:

Jefferson - 57
Thomas - 49
Woods - 27
Adams - 26
Hubert - 23
Fayad - 20
Schmekel - 6

Are you tracking pressures as well? 

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

He listed all of them 

Listed snaps not pressured unless I missed those. 

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

wonder if he tracking pointless/useless snaps....no impact....no affect on the play?...lol

Some of those would be pretty easy lol 

20 hours ago, DTonOB said:

Jefferson - 57
Thomas - 49
Woods - 27
Adams - 26
Hubert - 23
Fayad - 20
Schmekel - 6

That’s almost unbelievable.
Thomas getting double the amount of snaps as Woods or Adams is unconscionable given the stages of their respective careers. 

10 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

That’s almost unbelievable.
Thomas getting double the amount of snaps as Woods or Adams is unconscionable given the stages of their respective careers. 

and the fact he is not needed there to meet the ratio on any given snap with both Ford and Kramdi on feild....it's just pathetic that he gets that usage....much less even on the roster....put Samson on to see if he can play and develop along with schmeck and they can split the 20 snaps a game