3 stars and some turds

1 minute ago, Booch said:

and the fact he is not needed there to meet the ratio on any given snap with both Ford and Kramdi on feild....it's just pathetic that he gets that usage....much less even on the roster....put Samson on to see if he can play and develop along with schmeck and they can split the 20 snaps a game

If they have Hubert, do they really need a Canadian DT as well? I mean maybe now with all the injuries. 
At full health you’ve got Brady, 3 OL, Woli, Ford, and (imo) 1 DL OR Kramdi on the field. I’m not sure where this mindset that we must start 8 Canadians comes from. 

25 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

If they have Hubert, do they really need a Canadian DT as well? I mean maybe now with all the injuries. 
At full health you’ve got Brady, 3 OL, Woli, Ford, and (imo) 1 DL OR Kramdi on the field. I’m not sure where this mindset that we must start 8 Canadians comes from

actually....no...not really...When Lawson back for sure....but right now...and leaning more toward 30 fronts....not at all as Schmeck and Thomas are basically pointless in that set-up

technically you need to start 8  BUT  that 8th can be the Nationlaized American....But our HC is on his stubborn soapbox as he didnt like that rule and didn't use it...until last game where I think he was finally told??...Not sure that is 100% accurate....but I almost certain it was

Edited by Booch

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

actually....no...not really...When Lawson back for sure....but right now...and leaning more toward 30 fronts....not at all as Schmeck and Thomas are basically pointless in that set-up

technically you need to start 8  BUT  that 8th can be the Nationlaized American....But our HC is on his stubborn soapbox as he didnt like that rule and didn't use it...until last game where I think he was finally told??...Not sure that is 100% accurate....but I almost certain it was

They don’t need 8 or am I wrong? They just don’t have to find a Canadian backup if someone gets hurt, but they technically could just roll with 7 and replace an American receiver with Clercius if an in-game injury occurs 

24 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

They don’t need 8 or am I wrong? They just don’t have to find a Canadian backup if someone gets hurt, but they technically could just roll with 7 and replace an American receiver with Clercius if an in-game injury occurs 

https://www.cfl.ca/game-rule-ratio/

A Club must start at least eight Nationals, however one of these Nationals may be a Nationalized American. Prior to the game, each Club must identify how many National starters will be playing on offence and defence and that number cannot be deviated from.

We are starting 9 Canadians plus a Nationalized American. So we are two above where we are mandated to be. We start 6 on offence and 3 on defence.

Just now, Atomic said:

We are starting 9 Canadians plus a Nationalized American. So we are two above where we are mandated to be. We start 6 on offence and 3 on defence.

which isn't helping our overall talent on roster....sure it's just on "Paper"....but thiose allocated guys are getting majority of snaps....not good

5 hours ago, Atomic said:

My mind slipped a beat, it was 7 before the NA rule.

Either way,  just DA Alexander or Willie then, still don’t need Kramdi and a Canadian DL on the field at the same time. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

My mind slipped a beat, it was 7 before the NA rule.

Either way,  just DA Alexander or Willie then, still don’t need Kramdi and a Canadian DL on the field at the same time. 

Honestly I’ll settle for not having karamoko/ni on at wil/dime and a Canadian dl at the same time. We frequently will have 3-4 Canadians and a global on the field on defense. One play last week I saw 3 ni dl, karamoko, and 2 dbs on the field together.