SNF Elks @ Argos GDT

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Yeah, go to the games.  
I’m not giving up any of my pre-bought tickets, **** it. 
I don’t regret going to any Bomber games, especially ones I’ve travelled for.

Ya it's moreso about what an awful dump McMahon is (and yet the ticket prices are wildly unreasonable) just to get beaked. I definitely don't regret the games at IGF (in spite of the travel to get there) because the game day experience is second to none. 

I'm sure we will end up driving down for the game next Sat but man I'm not looking forward to it....

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ya it's moreso about what an awful dump McMahon is (and yet the ticket prices are wildly unreasonable) just to get beaked. I definitely don't regret the games at IGF (in spite of the travel to get there) because the game day experience is second to none. 

I'm sure we will end up driving down for the game next Sat but man I'm not looking forward to it....

I was last there in 2005 for their LDC game and it was a dump then. I couldn’t imagine it now. 

4 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I was last there in 2005 for their LDC game and it was a dump then. I couldn’t imagine it now. 

It's almost impossible to go to a game at Fort Hew, then a game at McMahon and have someone tell you it's the same professional sports league....

For a city with that much private money and that large of a tax base to draw on.... It's staggering that they have the worst facilities in pro sports. But the populace has no stomach for spending of any kind, regardless of the positive future impact for generations to come.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'm sure we will end up driving down for the game next Sat but man I'm not looking forward to it..

Think the CBE had a deal for tickets for this one with a portion going to the school so was thinking about seeing if the boys wanted to go to a football game with me. On the other hand I'm cheap and lazy.... 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

For a city with that much private money and that large of a tax base to draw on....

They didn't get rich by writing a lot of cheques

3 hours ago, bluto said:

Go to the game. Win or lose that's your club. You've stuck by them through worse when they had no hope.

This year, they may actually pull their heads out and be a veteran team that comes together for a late run.

As for the 18 time Champions: our rookies at corner are getting torched. And until they figure it out, we literally have no backups for them on the depth chart. This is a big issue. Great athletes... But MBT (who we have to say can still zip that ball) took advantage of them all night.

Edit to add: I'd be remiss if I didn't give laurels to Cameron Dukes. 18/21 and two of those weren't misses, they were throwaways. And he's a murderer in the Red Zone.

The Argos have to be seriously considering dumping Chad Kelly and his inflated contract after seeing what Duke is capable of, it would be a win monetarily as well in terms of public relations.  Don't think they could find a trading partner willing to take on his odour, they might have to dump him outright.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

It's almost impossible to go to a game at Fort Hew, then a game at McMahon and have someone tell you it's the same professional sports league....

For a city with that much private money and that large of a tax base to draw on.... It's staggering that they have the worst facilities in pro sports. But the populace has no stomach for spending of any kind, regardless of the positive future impact for generations to come.

Ugh..Out of respect for the mods, I’m not gonna start the political talk. 
I’ll just say it’s a damned shame how badly that stadium was allowed to deteriorate .

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Nevermind the football stadium this game could be played in a cornfield, it's shaping up to be a game well worth attending.  Expect it to be a real dog fight to the finish.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Think the CBE had a deal for tickets for this one with a portion going to the school so was thinking about seeing if the boys wanted to go to a football game with me. On the other hand I'm cheap and lazy.... 

They didn't get rich by writing a lot of cheques

Excellent we shall chat. Being a Sat afternoon not a lot of excuses for H and I not to attend. With a miracle during the day, some celebratory beverages after could be a time...

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

The Argos have to be seriously considering dumping Chad Kelly and his inflated contract after seeing what Duke is capable of, it would be a win monetarily as well in terms of public relations.  Don't think they could find a trading partner willing to take on his odour, they might have to dump him outright.

Dukes appears to be loved by his teammates as well.  Kelly is a bit of a cloud in terms of vibe.

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Dukes appears to be loved by his teammates as well.  Kelly is a bit of a cloud in terms of vibe.

If by "cloud" you mean "flatulence", I would agree with that.

As a pro wrestling fan I hope McMahon stadium is in Calgary forever. Calgary was home to Bret Hart and the famous Hart Family. Vince McMahon screwed Bret hart. So it’s kinda funny maybe ironic that Bret who doesn’t live in Calgary anymore but certainly did, had to see McMahon stadium probably daily. 

just always found it funny cuz in all honesty I didn’t care for Bret. 

in reality tho they need a new stadium. 

4 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I’ve listened to him do post game interviews twice now and I love that dude also. He’s just so damn polite, humble and very respectful. Seems like a legit good dude. I hope he’s our QB next year lol. 

Edited by Goalie

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

As a pro wrestling fan I hope McMahon stadium is in Calgary forever. Calgary was home to Bret Hart and the famous Hart Family. Vince McMahon screwed Bret hart. So it’s kinda funny maybe ironic that Bret who doesn’t live in Calgary anymore but certainly did, had to see McMahon stadium probably daily. 

just always found it funny cuz in all honesty I didn’t care for Bret. 

in reality tho they need a new stadium. 

I’ve listened to him do post game interviews twice now and I love that dude also. He’s just so damn polite, humble and very respectful. Seems like a legit good dude. I hope he’s our QB next year lol. 

I suppose if you're a pro wrestling fan reality isn't much of a concern for you, but McMahon Stadium has nothing to do with Vince McMahon or his family.

7 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

I suppose if you're a pro wrestling fan reality isn't much of a concern for you, but McMahon Stadium has nothing to do with Vince McMahon or his family.

Very good. I guess you don’t watch tv or movies cuz it’s not reality either. 

19 minutes ago, Stickem said:

....till he comes looking for the big moola......we know how that goes

Duke will take a Dru Brown half-step to a bigger salary which should allow the Argos to retain a lot of the type of players Wpg. can no longer afford.  Coast to coast QB's are settling in around $400-$450k, paying more comes with side effects.

6 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Duke will take a Dru Brown half-step to a bigger salary which should allow the Argos to retain a lot of the type of players Wpg. can no longer afford.  Coast to coast QB's are settling in around $400-$450k, paying more comes with side effects.

and just think....weare saddled with a big assed amount next yr too...part of which is gauranteed....super fun

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

....till he comes looking for the big moola......we know how that goes

Frontline CFL QB money is $400k+

Nailed-on star CFL QB money is $600k

No reason to expect that the Argos couldn't or wouldn't do that when it makes sense.

10 minutes ago, bluto said:

Frontline CFL QB money is $400k+

Nailed-on star CFL QB money is $600k

No reason to expect that the Argos couldn't or wouldn't do that when it makes sense.

A lot of dineros tied up in Chadwick and the Kid if they go that route......not to mention it's the ol'....I want to start.....No I want to start scenario, and the big sulk that follows....Very seldom works when you have two ,who think they're better than the other guy..Now we have a pretty good qb. in Streve but on a very friendly contract and unlike Kelly has a very pleasant attitude....unless you twist his leg in anger....But hey good luck with the proposed duo...I don't think it's going to work....especially for Chad

18 minutes ago, Stickem said:

A lot of dineros tied up in Chadwick and the Kid if they go that route......not to mention it's the ol'....I want to start.....No I want to start scenario, and the big sulk that follows....Very seldom works when you have two ,who think they're better than the other guy..Now we have a pretty good qb. in Streve but on a very friendly contract and unlike Kelly has a very pleasant attitude....unless you twist his leg in anger....But hey good luck with the proposed duo...I don't think it's going to work....especially for Chad

You mistake me good Sir.

If The Duke of York plays well enough for the Scullers to lay out that sort of cabbage, it will be an either-or proposition.

21 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Strange stadium reference aside, there’s nothing wrong with being a wrestling fan. 

However, being a 90s wrestling fan in Canada and not liking Bret Hart is a serious moral flaw. 

On 2024-06-23 at 8:00 PM, Goalie said:

I'm pretty sure  the Hart family is far more angry about what happened to Owen and also how Vince screwed Stu out of a lot of money and his business from a loop hole in a contract  more so then Bret losing his belt.     AFAIK the Hart family does not hate Jim McMahon.