GTD WEEK 4 - BOMBERS @ STAMPS

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

This might be the worst receiving corps I can ever remember seeing...

It’s gotta be bottom 5 in the Mafia era. 
I don’t think I can say a corps with Woli and Demski can be the absolute worst. 

I see in 2015 they trotted out some combination of Denmark, Nick Moore (who got hurt iirc) Jhomo Gordon, Justin Veltung and Kris Bastien, Feoli-Gudino and perennial Rod Black favourite Rory KolHERT. 

I’ll take tonights group 10/10 comparatively.  

36 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Also, Week 4 being on Canada Day sucks. This should be the opener. 

Might be the season opener for the blue if we are lucky and they finally show up 

21 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

It’s gotta be bottom 5 in the Mafia era. 
I don’t think I can say a corps with Woli and Demski can be the absolute worst. 

I see in 2015 they trotted out some combination of Denmark, Nick Moore (who got hurt iirc) Jhomo Gordon, Justin Veltung and Kris Bastien, Feoli-Gudino and perennial Rod Black favourite Rory KolHERT. 

I’ll take tonights group 10/10 comparatively.  

Moore was always hurt. Really good the like 4 Games he was healthy. Jfg showed up though. 

It’s rough for sure. Probably see strevy get on the field a bunch, I’d personally go 6ol full time. 

15 minutes ago, MrFreakzilla said:

I would take him over Alexander. Heck I'd rather have Thomas play safety.

I’d take any db on our ar over either lol. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Might be the season opener for the blue if we are lucky and they finally show up 

Moore was always hurt. Really good the like 4 Games he was healthy. Jfg showed up though. 

It’s rough for sure. Probably see strevy get on the field a bunch, I’d personally go 6ol full time. 

I’d take any db on our ar over either lol. 

Well that’s one way to get Tui starting I guess. 

I sincerely feel like Maier is going to throw for 350-400 and they'll pile up close to 500 total offense against us. It's not going to be a fun day at the ball park. But... The weather is supposed to be half decent and we got invited to a tailgate potluck party thing in the parking lot outside McMahon, so I'm going to do my best to enjoy the evening. 

Our only real hope is the D somehow finds itself and Brady O rushes for like 150... But I have almost no faith in any of that happening.

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I sincerely feel like Maier is going to throw for 350-400 and they'll pile up close to 500 total offense against us. It's not going to be a fun day at the ball park. But... The weather is supposed to be half decent and we got invited to a tailgate potluck party thing in the parking lot outside McMahon, so I'm going to do my best to enjoy the evening. 

Our only real hope is the D somehow finds itself and Brady O rushes for like 150... But I have almost no faith in any of that happening.

if we use the right combiunation of guys up front...and the reps reflect that....and we actually deploy our best DB's cough cough minimal Kramdi....slide someone else in at safety...we should be okay on defence....but I won't hold my breath on that happening unless Thomas...Ba...Kramdi and Schmeck all go down with game ending injuries...I guess you can lump Biggie in there too...be nice to see Ayers get live bulletts reps and see what he has and if he was even worth keeping...cause of right now...we seen next to none of him....tho we saw 2...3 other linebacker types in TC nad pre-seson just keep making plays...against projected starters but all got sent packing

Edited by Booch

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

if we use the right combiunation of guys up front...and the reps reflect that....and we actually deploy our best DB's cough cough minimal Kramdi....slide someone else in at safety...we should be okay on defence....but I won't hold my breath on that happening unless Thomas...Ba...Kramdi and Schmeck all go down with game ending injuries...I guess you can lump Biggie in there too...be nice to see Ayers get live bulletts reps and see what he has and if he was even worth keeping...cause of right now...we seen next to none of him....tho we saw 2...3 other linebacker types in TC nad pre-seson just keep making plays...against projected starters but all got sent packing

Yeah that’s the only way any of those prudent moves are actually happening. 
Best we can hope for right now is Thomas getting less reps, and that’s still a big maybe. 

I’m not sure Ayers actually exists.. 

50 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don’t know about McCheese but Calgary’s probably the strongest run O we’ve faced, that’s a big concern for me this game 

This defence by design is going to give up a lot of rushing yards when teams don’t give up on it. 

40 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Then you have a poor memory as a fan of this franchise.

even when we had some god ******* awful teams they always seemed to have some receivers worth a damn... Stegall alone made things look decent even when they were ****. I suppose perhaps in the early O'Shea years things were pretty lean... 

33 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I suppose perhaps in the early O'Shea years things were pretty lean... 

This. I Remember sitting in the stands with very few other fans, watching Burris carve up the D, Bryant the only decent OL, and Nichols throwing to the receivers mentioned above. The final outcome was never in doubt. 

5 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

No fancy boy primers. LFG. 

Edit: Actually here’s a primer. The BBQ went on at 10:30 in the morning and I’ve already crushed 5 hotdogs 

The record is 62. Those are rookie numbers- gotta get them up.

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Offense is at the point where it's okay. D is getting pushed around in the trenches - until that changes, nothing changes  

That id what concerns me about this game. Maer is good but not outstanding and our run defence has been degraded worse than our pass defence. If Bighill and Co. have to start hugging the line of scrimmage because the D-line and linebackers are getting pushed around, then the d-backs are pretty much on their own.