GTD WEEK 4 - BOMBERS @ STAMPS

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Like who?

Clercius looked good today too.

We need to use the bigger body receivers on those contested routes.  Demski is not that type of receiver.  Going to be continued turnovers if we try to force him into that.

IDk maybe Derrel Mitchell?  but someone who knows how to sit down in a zone, at least until we get back Lawler..

8 minutes ago, CodyT said:

It's more than an inclination, it's a certainty.

Collaros has lost that mobile ability somewhere down the line and he's no longer a dual threat. 

I'm eating a lot of crow because I had faith in the organization on knowing what's best. A lot of posters here pointed out what seems to be glaringly obvious now that I overlooked.

That being said, I'd probably go back to Zach one more game. If he can't show signs of life next week then it's time to see what we have in strev

If we go 0 and 5 next weekend, we be out of the earned playoff spot and the laughingstock of the league.  Because 6 out of 9 teams will make the playoffs, we will probably stumble into the playoffs, but get out butts kicked. So many here saw this coming, so why did our management not? 

10 minutes ago, bb1 said:

IDk maybe Derrel Mitchell?  but someone who knows how to sit down in a zone, at least until we get back Lawler..

Mookie?! He’s gotta be pushing 60, but yeah still better than Wilson I’m sure 

17 minutes ago, CodyT said:

It's more than an inclination, it's a certainty.

Collaros has lost that mobile ability somewhere down the line and he's no longer a dual threat. 

I'm eating a lot of crow because I had faith in the organization on knowing what's best. A lot of posters here pointed out what seems to be glaringly obvious now that I overlooked.

That being said, I'd probably go back to Zach one more game. If he can't show signs of life next week then it's time to see what we have in strev

Agree with everything except I think Strev should unquestionably start the next game 

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Been said before but our linebackers are bad. Perhaps the worst in the CFL.

They sure as spit look bad, but maybe we should withhold judgement until we have a decent D-line who become familiar enough with each other to gel as a unit.

7 minutes ago, Tracker said:

They sure as spit look bad, but maybe we should withhold judgement until we have a decent D-line who become familiar enough with each other to gel as a unit.

Biggie and Wilson didn't look good last year either. How long do they get before we acknowledge they've reached their expiration date?

10 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Been said before but our linebackers are bad. Perhaps the worst in the CFL.

Easily. Kramdhi isnt a starter, certainly not on any other teams, Wilson looks pedestrian, and dont get me started on Bighill. He essentially does one of the following on virtually every play: misses a tackle. drops 5 yards off the line of scrimmage in the middle of the field and is inevitably in the chase position 3 yards behind any crossing receivers. blitzes and gets zero penetration. gets washed out on running plays.

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Even in 2014, 2015 etc... you could see the team building toward something. This feels like quicksand and you can't do anything about it. I can't believe I actually sat through that in the **** hole that is McMahon... 

Well said. There's no identity. No obvious glare of strength.

I hope this wakes osh up. If nothing else. We need to see some urgency and fire

39 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Mookie?! He’s gotta be pushing 60, but yeah still better than Wilson I’m sure 

Agree with everything except I think Strev should unquestionably start the next game 

Yup. Maybe your right.

What I don't understand is why they aren't using more of a 2 qb system. Strev comes in and never passes the ball.

He's got that type of style where he can create plays and throwing lanes off the cuff. Use him to his potential instead of just gadget runs..

24 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Just no real playmakers on D.  We're celebrating a single turnover in a game these days.

Your right but our defence has played relatively well. 

I don't hate the secondary play. Terrible on the line and poor linebackers

They must have run that hitch screen to the wide out 8 times tonight. Why no adjustments? 

Edited by CodyT

3 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Yup. Maybe your right.

What I don't understand is why they aren't using more of a 2 qb system. Strev comes in and never passes the ball.

He's got that type of plays where he can create plays and throwing lanes on his own. Use him to his potential instead of just gadget runs..

Your right but our defence has played relatively well. 

I don't hate the secondary play. Terrible on the line and poor linebackers

They must have run that hitch screen to the wide out 8 times tonight. Why no adjustments? 

Adjust to what though?  That's just straight up getting beat.  Calgary was picking on our DB's not getting off blocks and our LB's (talking the true LB's here, Wilson and Bighill) having no range to do anything against those plays.

Then you see like Montreal did teams will show those looks to draw DB eyes and go vertical.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Adjust to what though?  That's just straight up getting beat.  Calgary was picking on our DB's not getting off blocks and our LB's (talking the true LB's here, Wilson and Bighill) having no range to do anything against those plays.

Then you see like Montreal did teams will show those looks to draw DB eyes and go vertical.

Noted. I guess at that point it's an on the field issue 

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

If McCheese was even halfway decent today we get routed.

This. I thought he was going to murder us but he was **** tonight. Lucky for him, we are the 2024 Bombers.... Ai yi yi. When's the last time we were not just BAD but were this far behind the rest of the league??

Don't understand the negativity on the defense, linebackers stopped the run. Defensive backs played one of the best games i've seen

This loss was totally on the offense. That they could only manage 6 points in the first half with Collaros is terrible. Zac refuses to utilize the rookies and continually tried to force balls to Demski. Buck also needs to incorporate plays that take advantage of what skills the recievers do have. Has he ever heard of throwing a screen pass, or if they are stopping olivera against the run. find other ways to get him the ball

From 3Downnation:

Zach will be back

Though he didn’t return after halftime, it appears franchise quarterback Zach Collaros will be just fine. Mike O’Shea told 680 CJOB the decision to sit the veteran quarterback was “precautionary” while commending Streveler’s ability to run the offence.