GTD WEEK 4 - BOMBERS @ STAMPS

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Don't understand the negativity on the defense, linebackers stopped the run. Defensive backs played one of the best games i've seen

This loss was totally on the offense. That they could only manage 6 points in the first half with Collaros is terrible. Zac refuses to utilize the rookies and continually tried to force balls to Demski. Buck also needs to incorporate plays that take advantage of what skills the recievers do have. Has he ever heard of throwing a screen pass, or if they are stopping olivera against the run. find other ways to get him the ball

I'd say we were pretty lucky with the wind factor basically killing any vertical passing tonight.  We got to load up.  Even then the Stamps made a lot of plays on us outside the numbers because our guys aren't rallying to the ball.

They made some really bad play calls to go vertical when we could do nothing to stop a screen, or that 2 man route with a vertical run at the corner and a quick out by the slot to the sideline.

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

Don't understand the negativity on the defense, linebackers stopped the run. Defensive backs played one of the best games i've seen

This loss was totally on the offense. That they could only manage 6 points in the first half with Collaros is terrible. Zac refuses to utilize the rookies and continually tried to force balls to Demski. Buck also needs to incorporate plays that take advantage of what skills the recievers do have. Has he ever heard of throwing a screen pass, or if they are stopping olivera against the run. find other ways to get him the ball

At least someone was watching the same game.

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Can he play? Was he ever actually a stud receiver or was it more flash in the pan

I'd say you could put him on kr but that smith kid showed some flashes tonight

32 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

0-4 and have been favoured to win every game.

Was going to put down a chunk on Calgary covering 3.5 tonight but chickened out.

If I can't bet on the Bombers I don't bet at all. Sac religious man

Our defense looked better today than it has all season but really benefitted from Jake Maier's overthrows of open receivers. A couple of those Stamps receivers were wide open. Really comservative play calling from Buck when throwng the ball. Brady made a difference but it's becoming obvious that he can't carry the offense all by himself. We have no vertical threat with Schoen, Lawler & Keric Wheatfeld out. We need to have an airlift of receivers coming in. 

Kolonkowski was manhandled by that 350 lb monster NG all night. Kolo couldn't handle him so naturally he played & Tui Eli stood on the sidelines.

If you play Streveler in a gimmick offense all season then Buck shouldn't be surprised he has trouble throwing the ball. Still, we nearly won.

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Our defense looked better today than it has all season but really benefitted from Jake Maier's overthrows of open receivers. A couple of those Stamps receivers were wide open. Really comservative play calling from Buck when throwng the ball. Brady made a difference but it's becoming obvious that he can't carry the offense all by himself. We have no vertical threat with Schoen, Lawler & Keric Wheatfeld out. We need to have an airlift of receivers coming in. 

Kolonkowski was manhandled by that 350 lb monster NG all night. Kolo couldn't handle him so naturally he played & Tui Eli stood on the sidelines.

If you play Streveler in a gimmick offense all season then Buck shouldn't be surprised he has trouble throwing the ball. Still, we nearly won.

It’s just a joke at this point. Mike O’Shea would rather be right than win football games, that’s all there is to it. 

I think there is a real test in front of Oshea as a man as a coach right now 

As a man who's been a headcoach for a long time now, I'm not sure he's seen adversity like this.

I'm rooting for him and I hope he learns from his mistakes and turns the ship around

Edited by CodyT

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

It’s just a joke at this point. Mike O’Shea would rather be right than win football games, that’s all there is to it. 

Our best guys are not playing. We keep losing. What do we get? The big smirk. I haven't hit the panic button yet but seeing our offense in such disarray is very annoying. Seeing the improvement of Terrell Ford is very exciting. We may have a dominant corner in the making. 

10 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Can he play? Was he ever actually a stud receiver or was it more flash in the pan

I'd say you could put him on kr but that smith kid showed some flashes tonight

If I can't bet on the Bombers I don't bet at all. Sac religious man

On one hand he probably brings equal or greater value than the useless Americans rostered right now, on the other he’s injury prone and isn’t the kind of 50/50 deep threat they need. He is (was?) a burner but not very good deep when he’s covered. They need a longer rangier type. 

Just an aside for a moment. Why is Paul laPolice talents being wasted interviewing someone from women's soccer on the sidelines? Why isn't he either in the studio or the booth so he can give viewers the benefit of his football knowledge? TSN has Britt Dort & John Lu for western games. They want to be part of the CFL broadcasts then use them. There doesn't seem to be a lot of vision or direction from the TSN producers this season. The panel is different every game. LaPo on the sidelines. Different panelists come & go. Not impressed with TSN one bit this season. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

just an side for a moment. Why is Paul laPolice talents being wasted interviewing someone from women's soccer on the sidelines? Why isn't he either in the studio or the booth so he can give viewers the benefit of his football knowledge? TSN has Britt Dort & John Lu for western games. They want to be on the sidelines during CFL games, then use them. There doesn't seem to be a lot of vision or direction from the TSN producers this season. The panel is different every game. LaPo on the sidelines. Different celebrities come & go. Not impressed with TSN one bit this season. 

Because TSN knows/cares sweet piss all about broadcasting football games. 

Lucky huh. Bombers gonna be lucky to win a game soon. Our team has some promising younger guys like Hubert and Adams Ford Bonds but all our vets are pretty much finished. Done. Can’t tackle on D. Ya big hill with 45 tackles. 1 for loss. Most were after 6 7 8 yards were gained or more every time. 

Collaros looks cooked. Wonder what Ottawa wants for that Brown fella cuz he ain’t cooked like Zach is. 

Ppl be like Streveler sucks at passing meanwhile it’s game 4 and he throws our first TD pass of the season. 

lucky gets an ok well atleast he can catch 

Edited by Goalie

Front seven has no push through 4 games. Yeah blame injuries but going into this season it was an area of concern. Has anyone in the front seven even made a big play in these 4 games? Very vanilla blitz packs. 

Online has no push either. 

Ugly. 

No fire either which is also pathetic.  

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I agree, d did look to be in better positioning. That Ford break on the ball was gross, wonder if he was baiting Maier?

29 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They talk in there like he’ll familiar with offense.  He never played with Collaros he was already out of the lineup by the time Collaros took over in 19.  CFL vet sure. 

I agree. He’s not the kind of receiver they need right now.