GTD WEEK 4 - BOMBERS @ STAMPS

6 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

To make it to overtime, we needed to:

1. Make the 2nd longest FG in CFL history.
  2. Get our first passing TD of the year in a 70 second drive against the 'prevent' defence.
  3. Have Maier miss every single deep ball.
  4. Have Calgary continue to call the deep ball over and over.
  5. Have Calgary throw a deep ball instead of simply taking a FG on 3rd down.

Yet no mention that the stamps needed an injury to the Bombers starting qb to get to OT?

Your Schick is as old and tires as some of the Bombers starters. Million excuses for the other team no consideration given the other way.

20 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yet no mention that the stamps needed an injury to the Bombers starting qb to get to OT?

Your Schick is as old and tires as some of the Bombers starters. Million excuses for the other team no consideration given the other way.

The starting QB is cooked tho. He’s done. I think Zach getting hurt might have even made the game more interesting. Zach had like 75 yards passing or something ridiculous. I’m not convinced we made it the Length of the field with Zach as QB last night. I’m not sure we had more yards than an nfl field at that point.  

Zach 8 of 12. 55 yards. 1 interception 

Edited by Goalie

16 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

They need a good route runner with long arms. Someone who can win 50/50 jump balls and come back to get under those under throw-by-design deep shots.

I'm probably way out of the loop here but what was wrong with Agudosi? Wasn't he injured in his first start? Did he ever really get a chance to show something?

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Ahhh, hes fine- he holds the Blue to a higher standard and all that.  I think of him more like the Blue Bombers Tiger MOm. 

9 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

I'm probably way out of the loop here but what was wrong with Agudosi? Wasn't he injured in his first start? Did he ever really get a chance to show something?

I think he started in a stellar fashion with 2 tds- was injured (in the same game IIRC), went on the six game. healed up... and got hurt in his return from injury game.  

18 hours ago, Tracker said:

Agreed for the most part, but veterans age out and there is a good reason why the #2 wolf is programmed to challenge the alpha wolf  if there is any sign of weakness in the pack leader. It is ruthless, but it keeps the pack healthy and the alpha males and females on their toes. BTW: I think the Bombers will go 0 and 5 before notching their first "W" and flirt with .500 over the season. And either O'Shea gets the road map and apple or he and Walters will exit stage right together. I think Walters and Miller will not let the team stagger along to the end of the season. Five consecutive losses ought to be enough to bring out the tumbril(s)'

I'd be blown away to see either one of those guys leave before next year. This team doesn't need to be blown up. They're likely sitting at 2-2 if not for injuries. 

I'm not saying things will be fine this year. Just thatnthis regime will be in place until well into 2025. Wade wants a home GC win and doing it with the mafia.

7 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

He started a few games last year. He had an opportunity, who knows why it didn't work 

16 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

He started a few games last year. He had an opportunity, who knows why it didn't work 

As we've seen recently Collaros has a penchant to throw to familiar faces, despite the amount of time Agudosi spent on the club Zach never embraced him and rarely threw a ball his way.  A QB should not pick favourites, he should be a vessel to move the ball efficiently through wherever it needs to go.  By continually ignoring certain receivers Zach short-circuits Buck's game plan with diminished results.

4 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

As we've seen recently Collaros has a penchant to throw to familiar faces, despite the amount of time Agudosi spent on the club Zach never embraced him and rarely threw a ball his way.  A QB should not pick favourites, he should be a vessel to move the ball efficiently through wherever it needs to go.  By continually ignoring certain receivers Zach short-circuits Buck's game plan with diminished results.

Sounds like every receiver I've ever met.  Would have had 2000 yards and 25 TDs if QB would have just thrown me the ball.

Forget the fact that when the plays were there to be made they quit on their route or dropped the ball.

God I hate receivers.

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don’t know if it got brought up yet, but we brought back Kody Case

I like that. Seemed like he had something.
We actually thought we were deep at receiver coming out of camp lol. 

Kody-Case-2-8493-1-282x300.png

He’s even got a rank. Lt. Jim Dangle. 

40 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Pretty sure Agudosi got plenty of balls his first game and then got hurt. 

All QBs have favourites because they need to know what a guy is going to do and where he’s going to be. 

29 minutes ago, Mike said:

I like it. He showed well before he got hurt. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

He had his chances. After his first game he couldn’t make the plays when needed. He had balls up to him in the end zone he didn’t bring down 

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah not ever Rec can see 15 passes a game. Agudosi made some plays, but missed on some too. Guys like Scheon/Lawler etc didn't miss when they were new to the league. That's why they're still playing. I was hyped for Agudosi when he got that starting spot too. But he did nothing with it. 

Agreed. I was hyped too. He just couldn’t stay healthy, and missed a few plays when he was on the field. 

I don’t think he suffered from a lack of opportunity. 

I’d push back on the “Zach only throws to his favourites” comments.
He can zone in on the first read sometimes, but if a WR can run a route and get open, they’ll get thrown to. It’s not like he just wants to throw to his buddies. I’m not really a Zach guy at this point in his career, but you’ve gotta be fair. 

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

You mean the Bombers needed it 

1 minute ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

You mean the Bombers needed it 

Bombers were winning when the injury occured.  Its hard to judge how the game would have gone without the injury.  They fell behind i think mostly because of how horrible Streveler looked in the 3rd quarter. In hindsight it was probably him being too ampt or rust ect. Then in the 4th quarter it was probably the best quarter of quarterback play we've got this season. He showed actual potential as a drop back passer IMO. 

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

You think that the Collaros injury cost us the game? You should be ashamed of that opinion. Collaros was playing like crap. Streveler was actually a bit better. 

3 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Bombers were winning when the injury occured.  Its hard to judge how the game would have gone without the injury.  They fell behind i think mostly because of how horrible Streveler looked in the 3rd quarter. In hindsight it was probably him being too ampt or rust ect. Then in the 4th quarter it was probably the best quarter of quarterback play we've got this season. He showed actual potential as a drop back passer IMO. 

Mookie! Great to see you here. I forgot where the site was located and now back here. I am out of country a lot but hopefully can stay in Canada for the balance of the summer and keep track of the fortunes of my Bombers.

Miss your old website and wonder where Nasty Nate is these days!😃

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Love it. Has the ability to return and was looking like the most promising new receiver in TC in my eyes. Actually kind of forgot about him to this point. 

Note that I absolutely think Chris Smith is our best option at returner still. But I would be lining this guy up beside him on kickoffs.

Edited by BBlink

6 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Bombers were winning when the injury occured.  Its hard to judge how the game would have gone without the injury.  They fell behind i think mostly because of how horrible Streveler looked in the 3rd quarter. In hindsight it was probably him being too ampt or rust ect. Then in the 4th quarter it was probably the best quarter of quarterback play we've got this season. He showed actual potential as a drop back passer IMO

I know you can’t judge it fully, but I really think Calgary would have steamrolled Zach up the middle. I don’t think it ends close without Streveler. Even in the 3rd when Strev was figuring it out we got comparable results to Zach’s. 

Streveler can throw the ball as an actual quarterback. 

9 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Love it. Has the ability to return and was looking like the most promising new receiver in TC in my eyes. Actually kind of forgot about him to this point. 

Note that I absolutely think Chris Smith is our best option at returner still. But I would be lining this guy up beside him on kickoffs.

Good point, when was the last time we could line up 2 returners that were both actual threats? 

25 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

You think that the Collaros injury cost us the game? You should be ashamed of that opinion. Collaros was playing like crap. Streveler was actually a bit better. 

I have to agree...if Collaros stayed in...wouldnt have went to O.T....and prob been a worse loss as he would have still tried to force feed balls to 2 guys...as well have zero escapability and been sacked likely 3 more times...and thrown a bad pic