Paris 2024 Olympics

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

On the topic of Salt Lake City getting the 2034 Winter Olympics... Cue the new arena to hold the NHL & NBA. 

Has not already been decided they are slowly renovating old one? 

Course it could be build new one, have both for Oly's then implode old one.

47 minutes ago, Goalie said:

What did ppl think of the opening ceremonies. ?? Ppl say it was demonic 

I say people are complaining over nothing however the organizers made it clear it wasn't the intention to do the last supper and as I speak Summer McK is about to win gold

https://tvline.com/news/olympics-last-supper-controversy-apology-statement-1235305981/

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

I say people are complaining over nothing however the organizers made it clear it wasn't the intention to do the last supper and as I speak Summer McK is about to win gold

https://tvline.com/news/olympics-last-supper-controversy-apology-statement-1235305981/

The character that many are assuming was a mockery of Jesus was meant to be Dionysus, the Greek god of wine-making, orchards and fruit, vegetation, fertility, festivity, insanity, ritual madness, religious ecstasy, and theatre.  Basically, the god of partying, which is a big part of the Olympics.  It's a nod to the Greek heritage of the Olympics and the people who are offended by it, are looking for something to be offended by.

14 minutes ago, Sard said:

The character that many are assuming was a mockery of Jesus was meant to be Dionysus, the Greek god of wine-making, orchards and fruit, vegetation, fertility, festivity, insanity, ritual madness, religious ecstasy, and theatre.  Basically, the god of partying, which is a big part of the Olympics.  It's a nod to the Greek heritage of the Olympics and the people who are offended by it, are looking for something to be offended by.

EXACTLY!

Several athletes at the 2024 Paris Summer Olympics, including five Australian water polo players and a British swimmer, have tested positive for COVID, according to officials. The uptick in cases has raised questions around the measures in place to stop the spread of COVID at the Olympics.

Olympic surfer shares athlete’s accommodations on cargo ship almost 10,000 miles away from Paris.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

On 2024-07-27 at 3:46 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Has not already been decided they are slowly renovating old one? 

Course it could be build new one, have both for Oly's then implode old one.

I'd be surprised if they renovate. With the Olympic budget, they'll probably build a new one. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'd be surprised if they renovate. With the Olympic budget, they'll probably build a new one. 

nah if they're old stadium or arena is still good they should renovate besides it should show that yeah they want to keep their little Hockey Club

21 hours ago, Goalie said:

What did ppl think of the opening ceremonies. ?? Ppl say it was demonic 

Anytime I see the bible thumpers screaming and crying about drag shows, I smile.... So the parts that I've seen, I thought were wonderful. Again, inclusivity is always a good thing.

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

forgive the politics but this I've never wanted the North Korean Dictatorship to go away so badly in my life

May be an image of 8 people and text

You probably will want him to go away even more when these atheletes come back home and are tortured and their family members are also all sent to jail and tortured as well.     

Those atheletes better hope someone helps them defect while they are in France. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Brandon said:

You probably will want him to go away even more when these atheletes come back home and are tortured and their family members are also all sent to jail and tortured as well.     

Those atheletes better hope someone helps them defect while they are in France. 

that's why I said it, this picture really shows what the Olympics SHOULD be about bringing the world together, feuding neighbouring countries taking it out on each other in the sports arena with athletics not with Bullets and Nukes (which is ironic because the World Wars caused olympics to be cancelled) 

Edited by iHeart