3 stars turds and maybe a glimmer of hope

35 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I dunno. I think he’s close to if not already a little bit of chicken fried. 

8 of 12. 55 yards last night. That’s not good. 

Again though... BLM and Trevor Harris are still seen as viable starters... cfl qbing is the drizzling shits right now.

20 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Who would trade for Collaros right now? No one will take on his contract & he hasn't thrown a TD yet. 

yup...we are stuck with hiom an his albatross contract....or we cut him and eat about 200k in 2025 that will be wasted sms....

49 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Who would trade for Collaros right now? No one will take on his contract & he hasn't thrown a TD yet. 

Gotta remember he had a decent market after the Hamilton stretch where they didn’t win a game he started for like 12 weeks. 
 With his re negotiate this year he probably has a reduced cap hit for any new team this year. 
I think a couple teams would take a risk on him. 

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Again though... BLM and Trevor Harris are still seen as viable starters... cfl qbing is the drizzling shits right now.

BLM is better than Collaros right now. So is Harris eventho he’s on the 6 game. He’s still better right now. Collaros is the worst starter in the league currently 

Edited by Goalie

16 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

At the very least Collaros has to take a pay cut next year, right? Like from $600,000 to $450,000 or $400,000?

He doesn’t have to do anything, that’s the problem with giving a guaranteed deal to a guy that age, or anything beyond 2 years in football really. 

27 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Gotta remember he had a decent market after the Hamilton stretch where they didn’t win a game he started for like 12 weeks. 
 With his re negotiate this year he probably has a reduced cap hit for any new team this year. 

Hamilton is an amazingly bad football team for the talent they have on their roster, something is deeply wrong with that organization.

5 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Hamilton is an amazingly bad football team for the talent they have on their roster, something is deeply wrong with that organization.

I thought they’d be destroying everybody with their 27 DL 

31 minutes ago, Goalie said:

BLM is better than Collaros right now. So is Harris eventho he’s on the 6 game. He’s still better right now. Collaros is the worst starter in the league currently 

Stats wise he is, yes. 

I’d put Collaros and BLM around the same tier.  Harris was playing better than both of them before he got hurt fwiw 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

42 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Agree with this. As QBs get injured teams

get desperate too

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Collaros is no different now than he was last season. If we thought someone would take him in the offseason then someone would take him now.

He's very different now than he was last season. What are smoking?

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

He's very different now than he was last season. What are smoking?

What are you smoking? The issue he shows this year are the same he showed last year... but last year he had schoen and Lawler and a better OL and Brady Oliveira playing at an MOP level. 

19 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What are you smoking? The issue he shows this year are the same he showed last year... but last year he had schoen and Lawler and a better OL and Brady Oliveira playing at an MOP level. 

He had less bad games last year than he's already had this year & we're only 4 games in.

This week was the first week that he didn't have both Schoen and Lawler. He didn't have Lawler for the first half of last year.

He didn't go weeks in a row last year without a TD pass. He's 9th in YPG passing. 4 picks, no TD's. He's 8th in completion % just ahead of Dru Brown. 

If you don't see the regression, then I don't know what your looking at. 

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

He had less bad games last year than he's already had this year & we're only 4 games in.

This week was the first week that he didn't have both Schoen and Lawler. He didn't have Lawler for the first half of last year.

He didn't go weeks in a row last year without a TD pass. He's 9th in YPG passing. 4 picks, no TD's. He's 8th in completion % just ahead of Dru Brown. 

If you don't see the regression, then I don't know what your looking at. 

You mean aside from not throwing a TD during our playoff run.

Hell, Zach played himself out of MoC consideration from week 9-10 on last year.  He was terrible down the stretch.

36 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Oh I see it, but I saw it last year... Oliveira saved his ass last season.

I don't disagree that Brady O was a huge part of our offence last year, but that doesn't mean he's responsible for Collaros' bad start to this season. 

4 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

At the very least Collaros has to take a pay cut next year, right? Like from $600,000 to $450,000 or $400,000?

He already did. He was at 550 last year and took a reduction in exchange for bonus this year. I would assume he’s already 480-500 but with the majority of that already paid out in roster bonus. 
 Idk I feel like if he can’t compete he don’t linger long. 

47 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

You mean aside from not throwing a TD during our playoff run.

Hell, Zach played himself out of MoC consideration from week 9-10 on last year.  He was terrible down the stretch.

to be fair, his play off run numbers here have always been poor. I broke down his combined play off numbers here after the gc loss, it’s bad. 

It is a combo ,poor oline play, poor running attack and receiver's falling like flys. Is there a regresson? Maybe but i don't think Zac's skill has fallen off a cliff. It's the old adage too much praise when they win too much blame when they lose.

Edited by bb1

This is from 3DownNation on May 7th.  He reworded his contract on June 3rd but no one reported the details:

Zach Collaros, Winnipeg Blue Bombers (A)

Hard money: $600,000
Maximum value: $600,000

The two-time CFL Most Outstanding Player collected a $300,000 off-season roster bonus on January 15 and makes the rest of his money for 2024 in the form of a $286,200 base salary and $13,800 in housing. The 35-year-old is currently in the second year of a three-year extension he signed partway through the 2022 season, which ties him to the Manitoba capital through 2025.