TNF Argos @ Riders GDT

We didn't deserve anything out of that. Despite the D playing OK - Sask didn't do much at all on Offence. Sopik had a good game, kept seeing him pop up here and there. We got to have even more players reserve spots in the physio room, just lovely.

5 turnovers to Zero and they only beat us by a score tells the tale. Not scared of these Riders at all.

Just need to remember that we were hoping for 4 or 5 wins by the end of the MOP's suspension. We started hot and lifted our eyes to loftier goals... We're .500 and that's okayish.

It was mostly entertaining, but did have a few boring patches. Both young QB's looked decent, made mistakes Dukes has film on him now and both Mtrl. and Sask. game planned him well. Patterson will also get figured out better expect him to look worse by week three, but both showed potential.

Coaxie had a baaaad game.....

Both Sask. and T.O have better d-lines and way more athletic and better LB's. than us

Grant is still good, hope he has a healthy season!

16 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Did you guys know that Patterson played at Michigan and that some guy named Tom brady played there too? I'm sure glad Neilson and Suitor mentioned it 1000 times.

Yeah but does he have a low center of gravity? - Glenn Suitor (probably).

Edited by bigg jay

10 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

It was mostly entertaining, but did have a few boring patches. Both young QB's looked decent, made mistakes Dukes has film on him now and both Mtrl. and Sask. game planned him well. Patterson will also get figured out better expect him to look worse by week three, but both showed potential.

Coaxie had a baaaad game.....

Both Sask. and T.O have better d-lines and way more athletic and better LB's. than us

Grant is still good, hope he has a healthy season!

Sask seemed to ape what the Als did (successfully) against Dukes and take away the quick slants. They gave him his drags, but it didn't amount to much.

Coaxie had 3 balls in his hands that ended up as INTs... not sure I've ever seen that before.

Our D-Line, already without Flo Orimolade, saw Ceresna bang up his shoulder (I think?) and then Williams and Parish then proceeded to injure each other and we were in 3-4 for the rest of the night basically sending 7 just to get any pressure... and this happens a day after we lose Deionte Knight off of our PR to the Cats...

Grant has that rare ability to be blazing fast while looking like he's jogging. Just glides past people in their full out sprint.

59 minutes ago, bluto said:

Sask seemed to ape what the Als did (successfully) against Dukes and take away the quick slants. They gave him his drags, but it didn't amount to much.

Coaxie had 3 balls in his hands that ended up as INTs... not sure I've ever seen that before.

Our D-Line, already without Flo Orimolade, saw Ceresna bang up his shoulder (I think?) and then Williams and Parish then proceeded to injure each other and we were in 3-4 for the rest of the night basically sending 7 just to get any pressure... and this happens a day after we lose Deionte Knight off of our PR to the Cats...

Grant has that rare ability to be blazing fast while looking like he's jogging. Just glides past people in their full out sprint.

Yeah.....we didn't want him back so he could glide by people for us.....That is a huge ? that this club has to ponder and just a bull$hit move that's just part of this whole crappy season so far....Bailey looked good as well ...you know the guy we couldn't afford while we keep guys like Thomas on the roster.....more bullShit

6 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Yeah.....we didn't want him back so he could glide by people for us.....That is a huge ? that this club has to ponder and just a bull$hit move that's just part of this whole crappy season so far....Bailey looked good as well ...you know the guy we couldn't afford while we keep guys like Thomas on the roster.....more bullShit

Grant- agree 100%. Unless he straight up wanted out, I have no idea how they couldn’t have worked something out. 

Bailey- In hindsight yes, at the time it seemed like the right call just because of how much of the SMS was tied up in receivers. 

I’d be curious to know what it would have taken to keep Bailey/Grant vs what they’re paying BA and Thomas. 

11 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Grant- agree 100%. Unless he straight up wanted out, I have no idea how they couldn’t have worked something out. 

Bailey- In hindsight yes, at the time it seemed like the right call just because of how much of the SMS was tied up in receivers. 

I’d be curious to know what it would have taken to keep Bailey/Grant vs what they’re paying BA and Thomas. 

The unforgivable ones to me are Alexander and Kyrie Wilson.  Easily could have turned those two into Grant and another CFL vet who is actually good.  Not recognizing the need to inject some fresh blood in their CFL prime into that defense is nutty, particularly at rush end.  WIL LB is not a spot you should ever spend money.  That's an entry level position.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Why do ppl talk about our D when our vaunted O averages 6 field goals a game basically. 18.5 points average through 4. Nobody winning putting up 18 let’s say 19 points in the cfl. 

You mean the defense that gave up 500yrd to BC? Or the defense that made Cody Fajardo look like the best qb in the league? Or was it the defense that let Dru Brown look like a vet? Which defense do you mean?

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You mean the defense that gave up 500yrd to BC? Or the defense that made Cody Fajardo look like the best qb in the league? Or was it the defense that let Dru Brown look like a vet? Which defense do you mean?

It’s cuz our o leads the league in 2 and outs. Last I checked the guys who really get paid the bigger bucks. They on the O side more so.  They weren’t doing **** even when healthy. Collars had 55 yards passing when he got hurt. Yeah. The D struggles a bit when they on the field more often. 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, Goalie said:

It’s cuz our o leads the league in 2 and outs. 

there isn't a single Defence in any football league anywhere that can be considered good when they give up 500 yards. I don't care what the O does or doesn't do. 500 yards = shitty defense. EOS

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

there isn't a single Defence in any football league anywhere that can be considered good when they give up 500 yards. I don't care what the O does or doesn't do. 500 yards = shitty defense. EOS

It’s not tho the EOS at all. The D is on the field because the O keeps doing nothing. They are intertwined. If our O controls the ball and moves the sticks the D isn’t on the field all game long therefore 500 becomes way less. I will agree tho that lots of that 500 yards they do give up is mainly due to shitty tackling. BA gonna turn a 5 yard catch in to a 75 yd Td tonight. 

Edited by Goalie

15 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

No, no, no. The defense that has forced the second least turnovers in the league. THAT defense.

59 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

You guys are pointing the finger at the wrong culprits when it comes to overspending and salary, BA and Thomas aren't making a whole lot of money, their replacements would be aprox. $20-25k cheaper.  Lunch pail Jake is working for lunch pail wages.  The excess spending went to Zach, Brady, Lawler and Schoen, all other player salaries fall more or less within the league norm for the position they play. 

Edited by Fatty Liver

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It’s not tho the EOS at all. The D is on the field because the O keeps doing nothing. They are intertwined. If our O controls the ball and moves the sticks the D isn’t on the field all game long therefore 500 becomes way less. I will agree tho that lots of that 500 yards they do give up is mainly due to shitty tackling. BA gonna turn a 5 yard catch in to a 75 yd Td tonight. 

They are giving up points/yards all game so it's not simply a matter of them being gassed from being on the field all game.  They've actually given up fewer points (slightly) in the 2nd half of games as compared to first halves.

The D can also be blamed for not being able to get off the field when they are still fresh.  I mean BC only had to punt twice in the entire game - pretty easy to get to 500 yards when your offense can do what they want. 

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Why are we arguing about O vs. D... They've both been useless this season. Defense can't generate enough pressure, offense can't stay on the field. It's a mess all around

You forgot special teams that are 'special' in wears a hockey helmet all the time kinda way.

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Why are we arguing about O vs. D... They've both been useless this season. Defense can't generate enough pressure, offense can't stay on the field. It's a mess all around

Thank goodness our special tea . . . (thinks about our punting) . . . forget it.