TNF Argos @ Riders GDT

23 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I'll be honest... I'm a little surprised our board hasn't been flooded with rider trolls yet... just based on the way the two teams have started the season

This season reminds of 2011 where the Bombers went into Labour Day 7-1 and the Riders were 1-7. The Bombers put of that infamous billboard and the Riders ended up winning the game.

Rider fans are prolly all jumping back on the bandwagon right about now as their team hasnt been putting up numbers like they have since 2013.

29 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I'll be honest... I'm a little surprised our board hasn't been flooded with rider trolls yet... just based on the way the two teams have started the season

Perhaps they've learned to temper their excitement after their summer records the last few years proved unsustainable in the fall.

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

I honestly think a lot of fairweather Rider fans stopped following the team two seasons ago. The Riderfans forum is really quiet these days.

Just now, Brandon said:

I honestly think a lot of fairweather Rider fans stopped following the team two seasons ago. The Riderfans forum is really quiet these days.

usually the ones who show up here just to fling ****... are not the real football fans anyways

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

The Riders have never recovered from the vaccine mandate of 2021. They lost a lot of fans who have stopped following the team. Calgary the same thing. The Stamps have lost tens of thousands of fans in the City.

36 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Calgary the same thing. The Stamps have lost tens of thousands of fans in the City.

They could start by trying to market the team and then stop pretending people want to pay ridiculous amounts of money to sit in a **** hole stadium to watch them. Seriously I took my kids to their first game last weekend but I didn't want to spend a pile of money since they may not have lasted very long (They lasted the whole game and enjoyed it so win there) but all the "cheap" seats were full and the middle which they charge stupid amounts for were very sparse. 

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Riders have never recovered from the vaccine mandate of 2021. They lost a lot of fans who have stopped following the team. Calgary the same thing. The Stamps have lost tens of thousands of fans in the City.

We saw hundreds of them walking out of the 2019 WSF early that never came back. 

I think their stadium experience screwed that franchise for good.
As we saw the older (65+) demographic age out of going to games here in Winnipeg, the club did an excellent job of creating a party type atmosphere to draw the 20-something casual fans. 

Kind of impossible for Calgary to draw any casuals with the dump they’re playing the games at. This is 2024 and they don’t even have backs on the seats afaik.

That and Calgarians in general turning their nose up at the CFL paints a pretty rough picture for their future. 

On 2024-07-05 at 12:20 AM, Fatty Liver said:

They certainly did  prior to 2019, every year since Hall's D has become more and more conservative, same goes for ST's.

I was all set to advocate for Hall's firing until Walters finally rounded up some good players and then we had a dominant defence. We probably caught lightning in a bottle and now we just do not have the horses we had then. So we are going to go through a dry spell and having a rookie defensive coordinator likely contributes to that as well.

On 2024-07-05 at 1:45 PM, greenrider55 said:

Bingo. At least the case for myself. 

How do you feel about the difference between the elk and the riders? I feel like the elk are far better than their record the riders worse especially with Harris out. I think both are really close in quality but I could see the elk getting better. Edm ssk might be a really good play off game 

19 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Kind of impossible for Calgary to draw any casuals with the dump they’re playing the games at. This is 2024 and they don’t even have backs on the seats afaik.

Yes, there are backs on the seats. If the capacity is 35,000 then nearly 30,000 seats have backs. The attendance issues go a lot further back than just backs on the seats. Stadium sucks. Ownership refuses to engage in trying to get a new stadium built. Absentee owner & Swiss citizen Murray Edwards doesn't care about the team.

19 hours ago, blue85gold said:

What a bunch of babies. 

Well, it can't be ignored. You have a percentage of the population who are far right & don't trust government. To them, the vaccine mandates including the ones the CFL imposed on their teams affected a lot of fans. Most have come back but a significant amount still refuse to ever come back.

On 2024-07-06 at 12:15 AM, 17to85 said:

They could start by trying to market the team and then stop pretending people want to pay ridiculous amounts of money to sit in a **** hole stadium to watch them. Seriously I took my kids to their first game last weekend but I didn't want to spend a pile of money since they may not have lasted very long (They lasted the whole game and enjoyed it so win there) but all the "cheap" seats were full and the middle which they charge stupid amounts for were very sparse. 

There were more fans than usual. I figured 22,000. After yesterday's **** 4th quarter ending for the Stamps, I'm sure they'll be back again to 12-14,000 next home game.